Elevated Lighting Company Grow Light Discussion

Hey! Hope you are feeling better after the medical issues. In our testing, 36" at 50% for seedlings. After about 14 days, lower the light to 24" and gradually increase power each week until you reach full power.

As you begin flower, gradually lower the light over a 2 week period to 18". As you get deeper in flower (4 - 5 weeks), keep the light at about 16" for optimal results.
Thanks ever so much for your detailed reply and your kind words and thoughts. I plan on following your advice and will let you and the members here how I make out. Very impressed with the light and best of luck to Budget LED in these trying times!

Very interested to hear/read your thoughts on the comparison of Mars and BudgetLED.

Well first off I don’t think there is a comparison!
@Budget LED is by far a higher quality product with much better working parts and technology. Not only that they but they have above and beyond great customer service.

When it comes to the lighting from 65W to my 500W fixture and all of them in between I have yet to be disappointed. I have always had to keep the dials turned down because of how powerful each light Is and my garden has responded quickly from the start of introducing these lights!

From insane resin production to running almost cool these lights will outperform a Mars Any day of the week.

As a reference I switched from

3x Mars SP 150 in my 3x3 to only 1x 250W Series 2 SQ and it has more power and penetration then the 3 Mars lights.

At the end of the day I would recommend Budget over Mars to any of my friends and family if they are looking for the best results!

Well first off I don’t think there is a comparison!
@Budget LED is by far a higher quality product with much better working parts and technology. Not only that they but they have above and beyond great customer service.

When it comes to the lighting from 65W to my 500W fixture and all of them in between I have yet to be disappointed. I have always had to keep the dials turned down because of how powerful each light Is and my garden has responded quickly from the start of introducing these lights!

From insane resin production to running almost cool these lights will outperform a Mars Any day of the week.

As a reference I switched from

3x Mars SP 150 in my 3x3 to only 1x 250W Series 2 SQ and it has more power and penetration then the 3 Mars lights.

At the end of the day I would recommend Budget over Mars to any of my friends and family if they are looking for the best results!

Yeah I figured it would be something along these lines. I was looking at them when I was in the market for a light but when I found BudgetLED I was like these seem comparable to HLG (I think BudgetLED has a better spectrum but it's been to long and I have sense deleted that information from my memory banks) for half the price. I typically wouldn't say asthetics pull a lot of weight but I guess they do on some sort of sub conscious level (BudgetLED look WAY better) for me. I couldn't find any reviews (I hadn't looked to much into this site as I found it while doing research on the lights and didn't have the space to look as deeply as I needed to to find them - a bit of a learning curve for me)but decided BudgetLED was the way to go and I am glad I did!
Have you tried the series 3+? I think your 500 watts may be 3+...

I am happy with my budget led so far. I have the series 3 500watt it's replacing a 1000 watt HPS. Seems to be working just as good without the excessive heat and using half the power. This is my first run with this light but I really like it so far.

I have the series 3+ 250 watt. It will go in a 3x3 eventually...

I am the type of person that reaches paralyis by analysis ALL THE TIME!

It pays off but damn I wish I could find a balance.

Plus if one puts effort into things others seem to be more willing to help =]
Haha I am the same way. I research hard. Like my wife has a hard time understanding how I can invest so much time into something.

My wife has a hard time understading also but she knows when it's time to pull me out of the rabbit hole.
Haha mine just leaves me in the hole :ganjamon:

Just curious what is the advantage of using 3500k over 3000k for veg cycle?
ive got a series 3 redspec 250w in 3000k. What would happen if I used it on new seedlings? Should be fine right?
3500k contains more blue wavelengths in it to help boost growth in veg versus 3000k.

Back
Top Bottom