Budginger Does Gorilla Glue #4

BudGinger

Hey 420, how's it going?

Well, after a long and successful grow (I say this before it's fully cured), I'm going to get things going again for the next crop. I learned a lot from my last grow, mainly that I didn't utilize my scrog properly. There were also suggestions for super cropping but I'm not sure if I'm ready for for that high stress training yet. I'm also going with four plants instead of 5.... It was very, very crowded. I'm going to really enjoy the extra space for maintenance. Another thing I need to keep on is defoliating. A lot of growth missed out on getting some light, and ultimately because budder bud instead of smoking buds. Lastly I went 3/4 strength nutrients on my last grow, I'm going to up that to 100 percent (playing it safe is over, time to put on my big boy pants). Here's the equipment and grow plan:

This grow is going to be indoor, in my 3x3x6 tent. I've already starting them under a small spiral veg light that just plugs into a regular table lamp, but they'll go into the tent sometime next week.

Inside the tent is all the same equipment (except a new fan) from my last grow, my carbon filter has another 4 months of life left in it so we'll keep using that. I'm using a 315 watt Cmh, which has been working great and hasn't been running too hot. Very happy with that. As I said before, the only upgrade is my stationary fan that my wife reluctantly let me use from start to finish. I've upgraded her "vintage style" stationary fan to an oscillating monkey fan (still using the old fan on the gorilla glue sprouts haha)

As for the plants itself, I'm gonna keeo dirt as my medium. They started out in jiffy pucks, transferred to some potting soil and a medium sized container. They're just awaiting the last transplant to their full size felt pot, which will be filled with stone at the bottom oceans forest cut with a bit more perlite just so I can sleep at night ;) I will be topping after the fourth node on each one, and will definitely use my scrog better as per the advice @Greenlizard gave me last time. For nutrients, when I get to that point I'll be using 3-1-3, and calmag. I'm looking for some more veg nutes if anyone has any suggestions? For flower I'll continue to use 3-1-3 but I'm going to compliment it with 0-2-3 and overdrive if I can find some... Canada has really started to regulate growing nutrients lately and it makes it harder to find certain things. Might be taking a trip across the border if I cant find overdrive.

Lastly the lighting schedule. I'm running veg cycle 24 hours, worked well for me before so if it ain't broke don't fix it. Eventually when I turn them to flower they will get 12/12.

This will probably be my last indoor grow till the fall, I really don't want to start another crop in the swing of summer inside and deal with humidity issues. I'm considering doing a bunch of autoflowers outdoor this spring with one feminized seed to go with them but that's for another time and another journal.

Any questions or suggestions feel free to ask. I hoping for some more traffic on this grow, but hey what can you do.

P.s the one with a toothpick is the plant I let my wife name. It keeps her interested in how things are going, and realistically keeps her from shutting me down. She's 6 months pregnant and the house hiuse stunk pretty good during harvest so that's a top priority for me... Trying to keep her happy during the grow

And that's where I'm at! They'll get into the tent as soon as I can switch the last crop into mason jars and free up the space.

Interesting conundrum I've run into. I didn't notice till now but it seems like one of sprouts has... Topped itself? The main stalk is branching out at one of the lower nodes. I'll attach a picture, but is this anything to worry about?

It's the one on the left. Whereas the others are still a straight stalk with fans coming off the nodes. Am I over thinking things?

Is it the one on the bottom you are referring to? If so, just nip off as close to the stalk as possible. It wont amount to anything being so low and the plant can use the energy elsewhere.

That's the thing, I don't know which one I would clip. It's very low on the stalk, and both branches are girthy.

Do you think I'm okay to leave them? Or should I just pick one?

Hey @BudGinger and welcome to 420! You’ve chosen a great place to hang out and learn!

That's the thing, I don't know which one I would clip. It's very low on the stalk, and both branches are girthy.

Do you think I'm okay to leave them? Or should I just pick one?
Some plants will naturally top themselves for unknown reasons. This isn’t a bad thing just something to work with!

Oh, I see what you mean. No leave it alone. You will have two colas now instead of one. They will both grow around the same rate. If one starts as shooter then you can supercrop it.
Most people top to get two or more colas.
I would also leave both shoots and train them outwards to open the Center up to the light as it gets bigger.

I've never done it, but I know @Dutchman1990 has done it successfully many times. I'm sure he can help you on that.
Thanks for the shout out Sauga!

I wouldn’t worry about supercropping them just yet. You can do a lot with some ties and training a the moment but if you would like some info on it I’m happy to assist!!

Supercropping is generally done when you are out of headroom or needing to slow down one of your leading dominant branches. When supercropping the goal is to expose lower Budsites by bending and creating a “kink” in the branch. This will slow the upper growth of that branch allowing the lower Budsites and surrounding branches to catch up. This is a great technique for creating a flat even canopy once your later into veg/flower. I’ll dig up a few pictures for you If that would help!

Supercropping is generally done when you are out of headroom or needing to slow down one of your leading dominant branches. When supercropping the goal is to expose lower Budsites by bending and creating a “kink” in the branch. This will slow the upper growth of that branch allowing the lower Budsites and surrounding branches to catch up. This is a great technique for creating a flat even canopy once your later into veg/flower. I’ll dig up a few pictures for you If that would help!

Ohh okay. I did notice a lot of small growth at the bottom when I cut down the last crop, this will definitely help. I might call on you again when the time comes if that's okay! I had five to start, just in case one seed didn't pop but I've given that one away to a friend since my last update. Not gonna do that again haha

I've never done it, but I know @Dutchman1990 has done it successfully many times. I'm sure he can help you on that.

This is why I love this forum, quick helpful references. You guys are awesome.
I’ll be sure to catch up later and read the rest, have no time at the moment. We may have a lot in common. Very interesting first post. Happy growing fellow Canadian! :passitleft:

Thanks for stopping in! Always glad to have more eyes on the grow. My first grow was very interesting, I consider a success in the sense I'm just getting my feet wet with indoor. Hope ya can stick around!

What part of Canada you from? If you don’t mind me asking.. I’m in Alberta. It’s nice to see so many Canadians on this site. I’m headed into work soon, Long drive a head of me. Need a Tesla so I can read your thread while I drive lol just playing.

I’m sorry if it says but I read your first post and then commented. What did your wife name the plant? To keep her interested.

My wife likes to smoke but she hasn’t been overly interested in learning either. When my last two finished and she saw the final product, that caught her attention and she started to pay attention a lil more. She still doesn’t really care, but she’s more interested in it then she was lol.

That’s exciting that your wife is pregnant! Again I’m sorry if it says on the thread but how far along is she? Is it your guys first?

If your interested, there is a link to my journal, underneath my posts called Blue Angel 2019 your more then welcome to follow along if you have the time

Have a good day bro!

:passitleft:

What part of Canada you from? If you don’t mind me asking.. I’m in Alberta. It’s nice to see so many Canadians on this site. I’m headed into work soon, Long drive a head of me. Need a Tesla so I can read your thread while I drive lol just playing.

I’m sorry if it says but I read your first post and then commented. What did your wife name the plant? To keep her interested.

My wife likes to smoke but she hasn’t been overly interested in learning either. When my last two finished and she saw the final product, that caught her attention and she started to pay attention a lil more. She still doesn’t really care, but she’s more interested in it then she was lol.

That’s exciting that your wife is pregnant! Again I’m sorry if it says on the thread but how far along is she? Is it your guys first?

If your interested, there is a link to my journal, underneath my posts called Blue Angel 2019 your more then welcome to follow along if you have the time

Have a good day bro!

I'm in Southern Ontario, close to Toronto. Home of a better cfl team though ;). There's a ton of Canadians here, a lot from Ontario. My wife named it curious george, she's sticking with the gorilla theme for the grow lol. She has zero interest in smoking, consuming cultivating cannabis (when she's not pregnant of course), so whatever I can do to have her interested somewhat/not ask to to stop growing, I'll do it. She's 6 months along, due in mid June. Im actually surprised she's letting me keep going with the tent now that we're getting into the dog days... And the fact that it's our first. Thanks for asking!

I'm at work too but I'm fortunate enough to be able to go on my phone a lot during the day. I'll check out your grow for sure!

Have a good day bro!

My Fiancé isn’t very interested in the growing or harvesting part. She likes the topicals and pills I make her but other than that she tries to stay away! One way I have been able to get her involved is photography! She enjoys that so I get her to help me take photos sometimes which gets her involved and makes me happy and she’s happy doing the photos! It works and I love the growing portion so it’s a win win! The garden is my Dutch Zen area!

I'm in Southern Ontario, close to Toronto. Home of a better cfl team though ;). There's a ton of Canadians here, a lot from Ontario. My wife named it curious george, she's sticking with the gorilla theme for the grow lol. She has zero interest in smoking, consuming cultivating cannabis (when she's not pregnant of course), so whatever I can do to have her interested somewhat/not ask to to stop growing, I'll do it. She's 6 months along, due in mid June. Im actually surprised she's letting me keep going with the tent now that we're getting into the dog days... And the fact that it's our first. Thanks for asking!

I'm at work too but I'm fortunate enough to be able to go on my phone a lot during the day. I'll check out your grow for sure!

Southern Ontario close to Toronto with a CFL team like oskee wee wee? Haha! If so we could be neighbours lol

Back
Top Bottom