Budlovski's First LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

re: Budlovskis Papaya - First Time LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

A small update, it seems I've been able to minimise my temp fluctuation down to between 23-28℃,
Next is the ph it has been rising every 2 days so I've started to almost get it dialled in right. Going to make a diy humidity tool to help keep that upwards a tad more.
Bucket has passed its leak test so I will scrub out any glue residue from that and its set to go.
Made a net cup cover for any light that could get throughh.
Exhausting work atm up and down all day working on temps but it will be worth.
Kind of wishing I started in my round jiffy pellets rather then rockwool but I shall try that next time around.
That's what's happening now. Still not a lot of change in size but I'm sure that will change when roots come through I'm sure.
May have to add a dark period back I think just to help with day time heat but I'm not going to stress her with that just yet..

Well its Friday and no black pipe, sooo I went ahead and set up my main bucket with new air pump and just the clear hose while she is young I set it up so once the black pipe comes it will be an easy replacement process. You air pump is working an absolute treat especially since I can control the output.
Bucket is holding 27 litres of ph 5.7 water atm temp is kind of steady on 26℃ atm
Will post pics shortly

Alright here's the pics, to start off this is the diy hose nozzle drain I fitted for when its time to use the scrog net.
IMAG09709.jpg

This is the bubbles on low-medium strength atm.
IMAG09745.jpg

And the overall Setup aswell as a closer shot of the slow growing girl atm, temp 27℃ here
IMAG09736.jpg
IMAG09718.jpg

re: Budlovskis First Time - LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

Cheers Tassie and thanks for that Cayman :thumb:
I do get up to a lot of random diy amongst my grows, usually gets the job done though.
Still waiting on these roots but the plant itself is still looking good, starting to get its next set coming through well, decreased water level to about an inch from net cup and put my led on and removed the cfl for now, seems like the led has helped a tad already
Will update with pics once these roots get visible :)

Well, today I have had a somewhat change of heart on papaya, I've already messed somethings up I shouldn't have, she's still in bucket but still going slow, so today I figured I don't wanna waste a long time growing this plant just for it to turn, so I started germinating a strawberry cough feminized seed which will be started in a huffy pellet rather then rock wool this time around, I really do believe new SC seed will overtake the papaya in a matter of days and work out in my bucket a lot better, once SC is ready for the bucket, papaya who I won't give up on like most of my plants will be finding a nice spot in the outdoor environment where I shall bring her back and hopefully that will make for 5 outdoors to harvest.
Reason I started new seed is so I can look after it in better conditions with exhaust fan and bucket fully setup, temp and humidity metres, I have realized I need everything I can get for summer indoor compared to a winter indoor, winter makes things so much easier.
Hopefully I get this summer set up all good and the strawberry cough is alot more forgiving on whatever f#ck ups I cause.

Looking good Sir Budlovski. The starter pellet will work well but be extremely careful not to get any of the dirt in the bucket. I've struggled with root issues before and it's a bitch.
I usually soak my rockwool cubes in PH adjusted water and a beneficial like hydroguard or z7 prior to planting seed. (Something to stimulate root growth) After your seed sprouts, water it from the bottom of the net pot every few days with 1/6 strength nutes. I.e dip the net pot in solution until about half of the cube is wet.
Control you humidity with a dome of some kind. I like the bottoms of 2 liters. I also recommend using z7 or hydroguard on a regular basis in your system, spoil your roots and they'll spoil your plants.
Keep up the good work, im subbed :peace:

Hey drewdrop, thanks for joining in here mate
Yeah I'm just using it because I've messed things up with roockwool a few times now and starter pellets are always good to me and simple, I mite let it grow a little in the pellet and then rinse the remaining pellet off the roots and place the baby in the clay pebbles from there, was away maybe 30hours and I think seedling is close to pushing up the surface now so that's looking good so far.
Yeah I have been looking at something for roots atm since I just got the AN 3part ph perfect forgetting a root conditioner, bit frustrating I was hoping not to spent much more for my setup and root enhancers are the most expensive thing of that lot from the size haha gotta be done though since I believe res temps may end up an issue without it aswel

Got a 6inch exhaust fan before I left so heat should become less of a problem now however I'd still like an induction fan aswell, one day.

Root conditioners can be very expensive but anyone who's ever had root issues will tell you, dont skip it. Ive only ever tried z7 but I recommend it to anyone. I had root rot last year and the z7 saved my crop. It was a blessing for sure. Its a 2 part system and Its a little pricey but its 8oz bottles and the dosage is .5ml a gallon so it goes a long way. Ive had mine for a year and there still half full if not more.

Yeah I really don't plan on skipping it, I've seen people say that by using a root conditioner they hardly have to worry about rez temps, that would make me happy haha
Must be why they're so expensive, because they can last so long I reckon.
I don't think I can get the z7 your speaking of I've looked for it online but I could get the voodoo to stick with AN I did also see some cheap sensizyme aswell, I might be able to go without for a lil while but ill be getting it within the next couple of weeks I think,
Cheers for your input DD :thumb:
The Buffy starters you used, did they have the mesh fabric around them?

Alright thought I shall update because starting now will be SCFs day 1, she popped and is ready to get going, fingers crossed she treats me well for the grow.
Btw these sc seeds are fat assssss beans compared to a lot I've bought.
Here it is day 1
IMAG09876.jpg

Forgot to mention drewdrop, I love using 2 litre bottoms as humidity dome!
IMAG09886.jpg

And this is my exhaust/extraction fan
IMAG09857.jpg

Well mate, at least, you've got all your setup sorted this time, and you don't have to second guess yourself :)

Looking good, keep up the good work! :)

Thanks tassie, :)
yeah it helps still waiting on couple of smaller things but it'll be alright my fan was crucial for me and when I have the root conditioner ill be set to go!

Well here's day 2 for the lovely lady, already taller then papaya haha but I expect that with a fem sativa dom like SC

IMAG100071.jpg

Hoping a mod or admin for the page will see this but I added these 2 photos above earlier looked at my gallery and they have been uploaded multiple times each doesn't really stress me at all butyou can remove some of the duplicates if you like :)

Yeah I reckon voodoo should help keep the ph perfect steady aswell.
So am I , if it makes it to harvest and isn't the high I need It will all be sold to patients who need maybe made to oil for a step brother with epilepsy, all my years smoking has left me with anxiety and nothing I've tried recently gives a high I like.

Yeah I reckon voodoo should help keep the ph perfect steady aswell.
So am I , if it makes it to harvest and isn't the high I need It will all be sold to patients who need maybe made to oil for a step brother with epilepsy, all my years smoking has left me with anxiety and nothing I've tried recently gives a high I like.

Thats a bummer. Good to know it will be put to good use either way tho, I assume youve tried high CBD strains before?
Ive struggled with anxiety my whole life, cannabis is the only thing thats ever relieved it. Although pot makes me very anxious if I over do it......getting too high will only amplify whatever is on your mind, sadly as we grow old the things on our minds are usually stressful things. Maybe at this point in your life your not meant to be getting so high. Just a thought..... :Namaste:

Thanks for pulling up a chair dusty :thumb:
Yeah that's it having another reason other then myself is good because even if I can't smoke I will always grow the plant to keep myself involved with the plant, love it haha
Nah I havnt tried the cbd strains yet, there's no way to sample it here cause mj is still a forbidden world here cbd is almost non existent this side of the world unfortunately. if Sc ain't what I thought it was, I'm going to order the qush and cbd crew shark shock I think it is, was waiting for next harvest to buy cbd seeds cause there pricey buggers for the benefit they give, definately something i want to look into though especially with the step brother although thca still works wonders apparently.
Yeah I think over doing it on a low tolerance hasn't helped at all, my minds always focused on protecting my gf and baby girl and its bubs that causes alot of my anxiety cause I'm trying to make a good world for her and can't help but stress some days, so I think your right when you say this point in your life. I have that feeling where I've always had a green thumb but not for myself but for growing mj to help others in need not just the recreational user I've sold to previously who smoke for no reason so they always go on about buds never good enough but that's because theyve smoked themselves literally silly some of them haha so I'm going to stick to medical users and rec users who know how to appreciate good stuff.
Thanks for words drewdrop :) always good to have a similar mind around
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom