Budlydorights Bitchin big box Of BlueBerry Buds! Water cooled grow.

Budly just read through your journal.. Im more than impressed good work +rep..
I know what your sayin about the snow... it was -4 when I woke up at 7am today...

Cream,Thanks. It's good to have you along. It's just starting to get "creamy"! I just spent 30 minutes in there and it's starting to look like a picture in a magazine!

Thay have really bulked up since the last photos just a few nights ago.

Hey Budly, just subscribed to your 'box' journal. That's a nice setup! Vertical water cooled light and an oh so luscious garden all around. Looking forward to the vertical scrog!

Potpie, Thanks! The vertical is at least a cycle away. I need tons of clones and more gear. I think it's coming though.

I'm really excited to take some new photos. I think I'll try to take a good slr camera up there instead of the POS I've been using.

They are really looking unbelievable. There is no comparison to my last run. These are way heatlhier and have been fed a better program. I don't know if it's the overall beter health or if the kool bloom has made a big difference. Prob a lot of little things adding up.

May try to take some photos tomorrow night.

Thanx for the heads up to your link. Sad to say that I dont spend enuf time in the journals to see everything.
Very PIMP setup! Blueberry is my favorite so far, ive grown it 3 times.
I do have a question though...why no reflector? Is it due to the fresca setup and cant have one? I think your losing some light w/o one.
just an observation...the plants look fantastic!

About your clone issue. If you get a good mother, and put he in a large pot (10gal +) you should have more than enough clones for your vertical sog setup once she is properly established.

Thanx for the heads up to your link. Sad to say that I dont spend enuf time in the journals to see everything.
Very PIMP setup! Blueberry is my favorite so far, ive grown it 3 times.
I do have a question though...why no reflector? Is it due to the fresca setup and cant have one? I think your losing some light w/o one.
just an observation...the plants look fantastic!

I would guess you spend more than most, your threads are always up to date and rolling along, lot of work. Thanks for checking it out, appreciate you stopping by.

the fresca is a bit lower in the box than it looks. so I'm just doing a vertical style, just not bare bulb. I want the benefit of having the plants close to the lamp without losing all of the spread. Really lends itself well to this style.

The buds are really packing on the weight this week, I'm going to try to take some better quality shots tonight.

About your clone issue. If you get a good mother, and put he in a large pot (10gal +) you should have more than enough clones for your vertical sog setup once she is properly established.

It's just getting them all to root and ready at the same time that seems to be a challange for me. I got 100% last time but some took 2 weeks some took 2 months, some rooted and then went into flower even under 24/0. Perhaps my skills aren't yet up to the job and I need to get a better system down. It's a bitch when you don't know what your doing right or wrong!

Do you have a clone machine, or are you just using rockwool cubes? I'm sure you've read about he success people on here have had with products such as the EZ cloner. Plus you can build a diy one very easily, just your basic DWC setup.

Great job Budlydoright, plants look really happy! I hope I can get nice compact bushy plants like that! Right now my little ones are a little shocked as I left them to long before transplanting them.

For cloning try Munki's wick cloner. I personally really like a 50/50 mix of vermiculite/perlite. A little dusting of stim root and 14 days later I had 100% rooted. I find that making sure they have really good contact with what ever medium you are using is key. I have two domes and everyday for the first week I swap domes when the sides get covered in mist. For the fourteen day I find I don't need to water them once. Hopefully this helps.

Great job Budlydoright, plants look really happy! I hope I can get nice compact bushy plants like that! Right now my little ones are a little shocked as I left them to long before transplanting them.

For cloning try Munki's wick cloner. I personally really like a 50/50 mix of vermiculite/perlite. A little dusting of stim root and 14 days later I had 100% rooted. I find that making sure they have really good contact with what ever medium you are using is key. I have two domes and everyday for the first week I swap domes when the sides get covered in mist. For the fourteen day I find I don't need to water them once. Hopefully this helps.

I read about Munki's once and thought it was brilliant and have been trying to find the thread ever since. I have been rooting in coco and perlite. I don't really want any kind of machine but something simple. Looks like it's time to visit Munki's thread and make some time. If I could get enough cuts, I'll do it next round. That only leaves me 3 weeks!

Major f up.

Last night I was trying to re-install my growcontroller after having an upgrade done. Well to start I turned everthing off and killed power to the 40 amp 220 I use for my main.

About half way through, I thought, "dam it's getting cold in here and wired my light up and fired it on. About 2 hours later I realized my pump wasn't running, and like an idiot, plugged it in. I'm sure you can guess what's happens next. Cold water and hot glass!. Cracked my fresca! Not shattered, just cracked the inside sleeve. Took out the bulb too.

what a bitch, boy is my setup reliant on this thing, tried to hook up a cool tube but there's no way to plumb it with all of the plants covering my ports. I was really lucky that a new shop in my area decided to try a fresca and had one in stock. So 300+ dollars later i have another fresca and an eye 1k. I guess, I'll just have to get another ballast and bulb once I replace the sleeve on the other one.

At any rate, I had to abort the install and get things shored up and into survival mode until this am. what a day, I walked into my perfectly running setup and fucked just about everything up that I could, I just imagine what I could do if I was trying!

I just have to go and re-imstall everything. This happened late last night and I can't get back there till late tonight. I should be whole after tonight.

then I'll try to re-install my automation another time.

Got everything back together again and WOW, what a difference the eye 1000 makes. My old bulb wasn't nearly as bright. It was about 7 years old but only had 1.5 runs on it. Perhaps they degrade over time even when not used. I also didn't realize how dirty the glass tubes had become. I think I'll add a complete rebuild of these fxtures to my regular maintenence, just a good cleaning in and out and new seals.

looks like you need a parabolic reflector

The angles of the photo are a little decieving. The top of the bulb is actually below the tops of the plant. a reflector would have to be at least 5" above the lamp to clear the tops. What I originally planned to do was to make the ceiling movable to concentrate the light even more by reducing the cubic feet. Now I'm debating a more vertical sog with higher numbers for my next go around.

Hey there budly. Just had to drop by and stick my nose in. Impressive set-up you've got going. Sucks about the screw-up but good save. That vertical ScroG idea is a good one IMO. I've been thinking about something similar using a DWC tub like I am now. One big pot in the middle of the tub sitting on a frame on wheels with a piece of screen mounted in a half circle above the tub about 4 feet across. With two like it when put together would form a circular wall of weed around a 1000W EYE. To access the tubs and plants, just roll one back and walk inside. My room is small but big enough for a set-up like that. I'll have to add on a room in the basement to be able to veg a second setup like it to keep flowering all the time.

I better stifle or I'll be hijacking your thread.

Really nice job you've done. Sounds like you've got more good ideas than time. Don't burn yourself out. This is supposed to be fun. I bet you're having a ball aren't you?

Take care.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom