Budlydorights Bitchin big box Of BlueBerry Buds! Water cooled grow.

Hey there budly. Just had to drop by and stick my nose in. Impressive set-up you've got going. Sucks about the screw-up but good save. That vertical ScroG idea is a good one IMO. I've been thinking about something similar using a DWC tub like I am now. One big pot in the middle of the tub sitting on a frame on wheels with a piece of screen mounted in a half circle above the tub about 4 feet across. With two like it when put together would form a circular wall of weed around a 1000W EYE. To access the tubs and plants, just roll one back and walk inside. My room is small but big enough for a set-up like that. I'll have to add on a room in the basement to be able to veg a second setup like it to keep flowering all the time.

I better stifle or I'll be hijacking your thread.

Really nice job you've done. Sounds like you've got more good ideas than time. Don't burn yourself out. This is supposed to be fun. I bet you're having a ball aren't you?

Take care.

:peace:

Thanks LabRat, appreciate you stopping in. I like your idea and will check out your thread.

Yes, I am having a ball but I am so friggin busy that it has become another job so to speak. But it is my escape as well. Plus the fruits of your labor are tasty indeed!

It's real easy to bite off more than you can chew in this hobby.

Hey Budly I I just picked up a fresca sol and am wondering about the dew point. I am using a 130 gallon resovoir and am wanting to know how much a 1000 watt light would raise the temp. I my grow at about 74 degrees and it says the dew point is 55 at 50% RH. I can provide this but am wondering if i place the res in an area that has a temp of 45 will I run into problems.

thanks

Hey Budly I I just picked up a fresca sol and am wondering about the dew point. I am using a 130 gallon resovoir and am wanting to know how much a 1000 watt light would raise the temp. I my grow at about 74 degrees and it says the dew point is 55 at 50% RH. I can provide this but am wondering if i place the res in an area that has a temp of 45 will I run into problems.

thanks

sorry for the tardy response:

I can heat up a 100 gallon rez to over 100 degrees with it inside and about 65 degree air and water. If your rez has good heat transfer you should bring that up to 65-70 easy which would be perfect. You could always throw a radiator on there if it gets hot, or if it's outside, bury part of the rez or a coil of metal tubing and run your return through it.

Does your spot stay at 45 all the time? If it's small and enclosed the water will warm the space. worst case you could build the AC chiller.

sorry for the tardy response:

I can heat up a 100 gallon rez to over 100 degrees with it inside and about 65 degree air and water. If your rez has good heat transfer you should bring that up to 65-70 easy which would be perfect. You could always throw a radiator on there if it gets hot, or if it's outside, bury part of the rez or a coil of metal tubing and run your return through it.

Does your spot stay at 45 all the time? If it's small and enclosed the water will warm the space. worst case you could build the AC chiller.

Yes the ambient air is about 45-50 all the time. It is actually climbing above that now with the rez in there. I think I am going to build your DIY chiller, so i'm not loosing water due to evaporation. The water in the rez runs warm, not hot but its probably about 70-75. Wondering if you could elucidate on how to build the chiller a little better. Also how do I tell the condenser and compressor apart...the 2 radiator looking thing?

One last thing, another grower who uses the fresca sol was saying he was getting mag deficiencies as well as one of his friends...they were using hydro. Did you notice mag deficiencies during flower?

first off, like everyone i like how you constructed your box. mad props on taking the time to think and build up that entire set-up. we need to see some new update pics im interested in seeing the end:cool:

Hey budly,

I got a window ac unit and took the cover off. Right now I am working on taking the fan out but am wondering what to do about the wires. There are 5 different color wires running to the fan...I assume for speed control and power, but I don't want to go hacking away before I get some info from you. Let me know whats up.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Thanks Butcher. I kind of got busy towards the end there and didn't get a lot of updates.
Have gone back to flat gardenening and wil be posting a new state of the art water cooled grow box thread soon.

Yielded about 16 oz off that one, was a little fluffy. quality was nice though.

Back
Top Bottom