• <$250

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • <$500

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • $1000 or more

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters

Buds

So my first grow was in a closet, and the return was pretty lousy considering time invested, so I am hoping to turn around a batch within 3 months rather than 6 this time. Here's a picture of my new enclosure - you will notice also I have switched to CFL's (1600 lumens each) at least to start with. The Primary goal with this grow is spending as little money as possible while maintaining a healthy garden.

01-19-09_1412.jpg

new_year1.JPG

I am using expert gardener soil that is 10-5-9 I think, in 2 gallon pots. seeds are from a bag of outdoor dank, unknown strain. The stem to bud ratio was very nice and very few seeds - i pulled 9 seeds from 1/2 oz. so let's hope for the best. as always, weekly picture updates, and +rep for any advice given in the thread.
:cheer:

Get some Y adaptors and add a few more lights. See if you can find a little wall mount fan and mount it to the backside to blow out the front.How many seeds did you plant? If it is 9 I would think about getting smaller containers and start them in those, and keep them in smaller until you can sex them. Then pick the strong fems and move them to the right size container. You don't have a lot of room to work with, so you better start figuring out what you want to do to them. Looks like a good area for a small SOG or SCROG... Good luck bud.... :peace:

Get some Y adaptors and add a few more lights. See if you can find a little wall mount fan and mount it to the backside to blow out the front.How many seeds did you plant? If it is 9 I would think about getting smaller containers and start them in those, and keep them in smaller until you can sex them. Then pick the strong fems and move them to the right size container. You don't have a lot of room to work with, so you better start figuring out what you want to do to them. Looks like a good area for a small SOG or SCROG... Good luck bud.... :peace:

i am only starting the seeds this close together - and yea it's 9. i want to see how many seeds if any are viable, then will decide the container count etc like you said. i'll grab the y adapters in a few days, and prolly a little fan too. thanks mang!

You can put a Y on, then put a y on each one of those ( three Y's 4 bulbs) for each cord.. Would give you 8 total lights and the spread is good. Nice poll, the results should be interesting. Should of had one $ amount higher too and made the results open.. :peace:

You can put a Y on, then put a y on each one of those ( three Y's 4 bulbs) for each cord.. Would give you 8 total lights and the spread is good. Nice poll, the results should be interesting. Should of had one $ amount higher too and made the results open.. :peace:

the y adapter method seems like a great way to go, especially doing it the way you suggested, also, i agree with you now on the grow setup costs having higher dollar amounts. oh well lol.

HOLY CRAP I AM GETTING A 250WATT HPS TOMORROW FROM A FRIEND FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I got two Y adapters from wal-mart - $1.88 each

012609_001.jpg

The ladies(fingers crossed) are really looking good this time, mostly I believe due to having the lights way closer to them then during my last grow (really stretched out to the point I used paper clips to hold them up!). I am watering using bottled water a little at a time, due to the containers they are in (I expect to have to transplant within the week) not having drainage, but will be switching to tap water once I transplant to plastic containers with overspill plates underneath...I will be picking up 4 more Y adapters, more bulbs, pots, etc. this friday so hopefully the girls won't want for anything until then. As always, fire away with any suggestions you may have for me.

Day 6 since I put them in the dirt in the first place:

012609_006.jpg

and a close up:

012609_007.jpg

Just wanted to tell you kind people what an honor it is to grow along side you, instead of buying it from others anymore.

Get them out of the teacups as soon as possible unless you drilled holes in the bottom of them. the roots will rot out if they sit in stale moisture too long. keg cups work great for this. Good start. More lights the better.

yeah I don't even want to know what I've spent on my grow room. Well over $1000 maybe well over 2. Would have spent less if I just went and did it right the very first time.

Get them out of the teacups as soon as possible unless you drilled holes in the bottom of them. the roots will rot out if they sit in stale moisture too long. keg cups work great for this. Good start. More lights the better.

lol my gf would MURDERIZE me if i drilled holes in the bottom of her Lenox tea cups - I will be changing their pots Friday or sooner, also I am doubling the lights from 4 to 8 on Friday as well...total lumens will be 12,800 at that point. I am also solving ventilation concerns this week, before temps become a problem due to the extra CFLs.

OK so remember the big white pots i originally had my seeds in, marked with candles? LOL I was idly tidying up and looked in them, as I was reorganizing, and discovered three more plants growing out of that soil with really long roots, due to being (I guess) really far down into the soil, making them taller than the rest of the herd. I put them in moist dirt under the lights with the rest of the girls, and though they sagged at first, by the end of the light cycle they were standing ramrod stiff, and have new leaf growth already.

What makes this so ironic is my plants are taller in <2weeks than other's who have vegged a month and not gotten past 4 nodes yet...My guess is the difference is not what equipment you use, it's whether you listen to the advice you receive from this wonderful community, and LISTEN TO YOUR PLANTS. Some of the members here have gone to great lengths in order to give us the most accurate account they can of how they grew the monster buds that other bud mags wish they had, so don't take that for granted.

RESPECT
:smokin:

pic update of the new younglings.

012909_010.jpg

012909_011.jpg

012909_012.jpg

012909_013.jpg

012909_015.jpg

:cheer:

that one in the lower right looks like a pure sativa! damn, hope it's a female!

Back
Top Bottom