Buds & Blessings

Locahontas

420 Member
Hello, Newbie here.

I recently (today) received White Widow & Durban poison seeds from CKS & I am beyond excited to begin growing. I have not yet began germination because I want to ensure I have adequate knowledge & equipment to grow happy plants & impressive yields.

I am brand-spanking-new at this so all tips/techniques would help greatly; pot/tent size, soil brand, light wattage, etc..

Welcome to the forum @Locahontas :welcome:

Hello, Newbie here.

I recently (today) received White Widow & Durban poison seeds from CKS & I am beyond excited to begin growing. I have not yet began germination because I want to ensure I have adequate knowledge & equipment to grow happy plants & impressive yields.

I am brand-spanking-new at this so all tips/techniques would help greatly; pot/tent size, soil brand, light wattage, etc..
I started in a closet with CFLs and Miracle Grow :rofl: I didn't have a clue :rofl: That was in 2007...now I have 2 tents, a 4x8 and a 4x4 with several HIDs, and the same closet I started in, is now a veg closet :thumb: So I say, jump in with both feet and we'll figure it out together, and by together I mean the whole community will jump in to help all we can :thumb: :passitleft::peace:

Hello, Newbie here.

Welcome to :420:

Well, you've come to the right place! So.. what equipment do you have?
Edit- forgot to ask, space and budget?

I started in a closet with CFLs and Miracle Grow :rofl: I didn't have a clue :rofl: That was in 2007...now I have 2 tents, a 4x8 and a 4x4 with several HIDs, and the same closet I started in, is now a veg closet :thumb: So I say, jump in with both feet and we'll figure it out together, and by together I mean the whole community will jump in to help all we can :thumb: :passitleft::peace:

I feel very welcome already, much obliged :D

your starting set up sounds A-OK to me :laughtwo: .. I think I want to get started with a small tent. 4x4, even 2x2 to get my feet wet..

Welcome to :420:

Well, you've come to the right place! So.. what equipment do you have?
Edit- forgot to ask, space and budget?

I want to start small; maybe two plants max whilst learning the ropes. I have a 600W spectrum light & a few 3 gallon fabric bags. I have a sunroom that I am using as an office (just a corner of the room)— I can dedicate the rest of it as a grow space. as far as budget, I want quality equipment to minimize frustrations; I’ll put away for it if need be.

I feel very welcome already, much obliged :D

your starting set up sounds A-OK to me :laughtwo: .. I think I want to get started with a small tent. 4x4, even 2x2 to get my feet wet..
Yes, I would actually recommend that :thumb: and IMO I would go with a 4'x4'x6.5' to start, and as far as lights, I use HIDs, but you may prefer LEDs, although HIDs are much cheaper, they tend to get a little hot...it took me awhile to dial in my room with the right temps and humidity levels...but I have 2 tents and a veg closet all in 1 room :goodluck:

Yes, I would actually recommend that :thumb: and IMO I would go with a 4'x4'x6.5' to start, and as far as lights, I use HIDs, but you may prefer LEDs, although HIDs are much cheaper, they tend to get a little hot...it took me awhile to dial in my room with the right temps and humidity levels...but I have 2 tents and a veg closet all in 1 room :goodluck:

4x4x6, got it; I’ll see what I can find. I’ll see how the LEDs do for now; it gets pretty warm in my sunroom. but I’ve just moved here so I’ll have to see about the resting temperature during the fall/winter (Buffalo, NY)

Hello, hello..

just returning for an update— I germinated 4 seeds total; 2 white widow, 2 Durban poison. my Durban’s died shortly after germination. I’m not sure why but it gives me more time to tend to my white widows as I didn’t want to overwhelm myself with too many plants .. today is day 11 of being potted in Happy Frog soil mix. I have done no feeding so far, just keeping the soil moist & on a 18/6 light schedule. how am I doing? pictures below— any & all tips will help.
369CB801-715D-4099-B8AD-5514CEA837CF.jpeg
FB69871F-9EB0-498F-B47E-23C2C9032162.jpeg

You make iso wax, how bout p()ssy sticks ya got that too

Hello, hello..

just returning for an update— I germinated 4 seeds total; 2 white widow, 2 Durban poison. my Durban’s died shortly after germination. I’m not sure why but it gives me more time to tend to my white widows as I didn’t want to overwhelm myself with too many plants .. today is day 11 of being potted in Happy Frog soil mix. I have done no feeding so far, just keeping the soil moist & on a 18/6 light schedule. how am I doing? pictures below— any & all tips will help.
It looks like a totally fine sapling to me lol, it’s only bending because the sun is directly that way, so it’s finding the sun, it’s amended soil so just water for a couple to a few weeks no nutrients yet just water , that right there will take your lil sapling to the next level , vegetation! Be careful to who you listen to on this platform and others, a lot of people like to claim that they are master growers but haven’t had one dank harvest in their life rofl.

Hello, hello..

They look good, but that soil is awful wet looking...gota let that soil dry out, so that those roots grow in search of water, makes for a healthy plant :thumb: ...and if they're not autos, I would recommend starting in solo cups, or smaller containers, they'll grow faster...here's my Pineapple chunk at 7 days from sprout

As far as people giving bad advice on this forum :hmmmm: that usually doesn't happen, cause if we don't know, we will tag someone that does :thumb:

Wow a p()ssy stick with a tilted lip lol, check this out

Attachments

• 38531759-C293-4A12-A5C5-33F1C65F5006.jpeg
    38531759-C293-4A12-A5C5-33F1C65F5006.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 0BC54542-808F-4EFE-9502-303173537F86.jpeg
    0BC54542-808F-4EFE-9502-303173537F86.jpeg
    588 KB · Views: 24
  • 44DD6ED1-3E4A-43B9-A5C4-9F63929E2631.jpeg
    44DD6ED1-3E4A-43B9-A5C4-9F63929E2631.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 29
Back