420 Magazine Background

Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Buds Buddy

Grow Journal of the Month: May 2020
High Everyone ? Well you should be !!! It's more fun that way.
Anyway, I'm fixing to start a New Journal. My last grow is down to the harvest so time to get rolling on the next one.
So here's what will be happening. I have a little 3' x 4' x 6' Propagation tent. For those who don't know what this is ....
it's a tent that has a divider in it. 3' x 3' area is for keeping a Mother plant (which I don't have yet so using it for an Auto Flower Grow). The other section is 1' x 3' & has a shelf in it. That part is for starting clones & seeds. I'll post pics tomorrow of it.
I'll be starting 3 seeds of Critical 2.0 in Root Riot Plugs. I'm only planning on doing 2 plants but starting 3 seeds just in case.
I'll just be using a 2' - 2 Bulb T-5 for Germinating. I also have a Heat Mat if needed.
Can't remember the Breeder as I've had these seeds a good 2 years. They are Auto Flowers so they will run at 18/6 the entire grow.
These 2 plants will be done DWC (with help I hope). My first attempt at DWC. I bought 4 - 5 gallon Black Buckets at the Hydro Store (2 for growing & 2 for Bucket changes). I bought 2 - 6", 2 - 8" & 2 - 10" net pot lids but I'll be using the 6" this grow. I'm just using Single Valve Aquarium Air Pumps from Walmart that are good for 5 - 15 gallon aquariums. 1 pump per bucket. I have a 6" x 1" Air Stone for each. Net pots are filled with Hydrotron Grow Rocks.
I'll be using Mega Crop throughout this grow & I'll have Cal Mag & pH down on hand. Ordered Hydro Guard but wont be here till the end of the week.
Anyways, this is how this journal starts. But within 2 - 3 weeks at most I'll be starting 3 Photo Period Plants in my new grow room. We'll get more into that as things progress. But these 3 plants will be done in XL Auto Pots & this will also be used for the 1st time. Should get interesting ... or at least I hope so.
I'll get pics up tomorrow & Tag in anyone I can think of. Any knowledgeable DWC & Auto Pot Growers are Double Dawg Welcome !!! I can surely use your wisdom along the way.
If you would like to be tagged please comment below & I'll do this in the morning when I post pics & start the grow.
L@@K forward to seeing you there. "PARTY ON"

Buds Buddy

Well I got things Rolling today so we'll start with the Prop Tent. I've got the Main 3' x 3' area set up with the 2 DWC Buckets. Nothing in them yet of course ... but soon enough. Let me know if you guys see anything I need to change up as this is my 1st DWC grow. Will these Air Stones do the Trick ? Not sure if I needed a way to adjust the air so I hooked up a valve thing for it. Planning to Test this stuff out in the next day or 2 so I know it's ready when I need it.
The lights I have in there (Blurple T-5 LED's) were only meant to keep a Mother alive & not for growing. But I may try them anyway to see what happens. I can always throw one of my Mars Hydro TSW 2000's in there if need be.
For now I'm just using a 2' - 2 Bulb T-5 to germinate on the Clone / Seedling side of the Tent.
Here's some pics & then more info in my next post to keep things in order.
Prop Tent - 1.JPG
Prop Tent - 2.JPG
Prop Tent - 3.JPG
Prop Tent - 4.JPG
Prop Tent - 5.JPG
Prop Tent - 6.JPG

Buds Buddy

On to the start of the Grow. Well I couldn't find my Clear Solo Cups that fit perfectly over my red ones so for now I'm using this storage container as a Clone Dome. I'm using Root Riot Plugs that I soaked in 5.8 pH'd water & then squeezed out. I then placed 2 of the Critical 2.0 Seeds in the Plugs & 1 Northern Lights in the 3rd plug. Cut off a small piece of the bottom of the plug to cover the seed in the hole. They were Labeled & placed in the Dome on top of a Heat Mat. I'll mist the dome when lights come on later. For the next few days I'll mist & give it a couple of ml.s of water & wait for the sprout.
I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have. Once again, this is a 1st & I can use any & all the help I can get to make this successful. Thank in Advance !!!
3) 7-1.JPG
4) 7-2.JPG
5) 7-3.JPG
6) 7-4.JPG
7) 7-5.JPG
8) 7-6.JPG

1ne eye

Its up to you, but its nice to see the water level in the bucket without removing the lid all the time, so what i do is drill a hole near the bottom of the bucket, i think about 5/8 or 13/16 can't remember the size i drilled in them, insert a gromet i do believe 5/8, insert an barbed elbow in there and then attach a 1/2 inch piece of plastic hose running up the bucket for a level gauge.

Buds Buddy

Its up to you, but its nice to see the water level in the bucket without removing the lid all the time, so what i do is drill a hole near the bottom of the bucket, i think about 5/8 or 13/16 can't remember the size i drilled in them, insert a gromet i do believe 5/8, insert an barbed elbow in there and then attach a 1/2 inch piece of plastic hose running up the bucket for a level gauge.
Any chance you have a pic I could use as a reference to do this ? Thanks.

Buds Buddy

OK, I went through a couple of my old journals & took down all the names of people who commented in them. How many are still Active I do not know. I guess we'll find out.
Some of those I'll tag are very experienced & knowledgeable. Others are novice & looking to learn.
I'm open to everyone joining in, giving ideas, posting pics, etc. The more the Merrier.
So let's get on with this long ass list of tags: @1ne eye , @The Celt , @Greenthumbs42019 , @FatBeaverBuds , @farside05 , @Emilya , @Virgin Ground , @Mr Kuklinski , @MrSauga , @Pennywise , @InTheShed , @Old Salt , [USER=331483]@Tom Sawyer , @Sparkey224 , @Fastass419 , @grim creeper , @Barney86 , @West Hippie , @Cannagrowerled , @PE636 , @RedZedHead , @TraLa , @Canadadoes , @Dkmg01 , @SOG001 , @Metal Halide , @bluter , @Hydroholic , @Oz3 , @Havocsm1 , @780grow , @Black Thumbs , @BigD13 , @LordDWC , @Chris Scorpio , @ganjaguy , @RPN , @sWEED in BCN , @The Physicist , @Qualitypotlover , @mumps , @Rosie44 , @Ganjagrandaddy , @SQl2kGuy , @GHempster , @lfbleaf , @clwatrtom , @Smokiemcpot19 , @CADBOY , @Alafornia , @oopssteptinit , @Godfather Skunk , @TysonOG , @HutchBenedict , @roaring lion , @JCTJ , @Blazedgirl679 , @TheStonyRoller , @13goody13 , @Rexer , @JermsIsBaked , @Trinisy , @Backlipslide , @PK1 , @Head1982
This should be a good start if even 1/2 the people join in.

Last edited:

Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy

Looks like a cool setup. Those T5's are kinda crazy. Never seen em like that. Growdozer coming through!!
Seen them on eBay so thought I'd see what they would do. My 1st time trying them so we can see together.

bluter

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2020
what were the black buckets worth BB ?

our local dollar store has started bringing them in at 4 bucks a pop. i picked a bunch up for an outdoor container garden build. i wouldn't buy the hydro store ones as they were pricey.

Top Bottom