Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Sure hope I can get these 2 plants harvested by time the seeds pop. Going to be pretty busy the next 3 - 4 days trimming & drying. I managed to pull 10.5 oz. off a Gorilla Girl last week. Hoping to get close with the next 2 plants also. They've got some nice size colas so very possible.
Here's a pic of each.
6-449.JPG
6-454.JPG

Nice plant!

thanks for the tag @Buds Buddy
looking foward to learning the ins and outs of DWC

OK, I've never used a Heat Mat to germ. before. I checked on the plugs / plants a little bit ago & the mat seems pretty warm to me. Not burning hot but pretty warm. Not sure how warm this should get. I was thinking of putting a hand towel between the Heat Mat & Dome so it's not quite so warm.
Like I said. Not sure if I should because not sure how warm it should get.
Thoughts ?

Thanks for hopping aboard.
Are you doing DWC now? If so, have you ran into any issues that I may be able to avoid ?
honestly my first DWC grow has been going great. Did you mention what nutes you are using?
I would just set a weekly reminder in your phone to dedicate a day of the week to res changes.
One thing I will warn you about is how fast you use nutes compared to soil. unless you grow coco, I wasn't ready for all the nutes I needed. make sure you stock up on even more ph down tho, cuz I ran out and had to use some pool ph down that's very powerful and it wasn't instant. my tap water here is 7.3-7.6 so it takes a bit to get it down to 5.7-6.0
also make sure you check you towns public work documents, and check to see if there's chlorine in your water. if there is, you should let water sit out for 24 hrs to evaporate before you use it for res changes. plants don't like chlorine
also, when in doubt, res-change! so much easier than a flush in soil or coco! just remix nutes and try again!:passitleft:
finally, always check your res ph the day after a res change because at least for me, ph shoots back up after the res change and I have to re-ph it. a lot of people don't check their ph on here, especially if they use AN ph perfect, but it's good to check all buckets once a day. you never know when your plant can be sitting in 7.00 ph water. :eek:
with my buckets in FF nutes, I almost have to re-ph them once a day with up to 3ml of ph down. that adds up quick!

OK, I've never used a Heat Mat to germ. before. I checked on the plugs / plants a little bit ago & the mat seems pretty warm to me. Not burning hot but pretty warm. Not sure how warm this should get. I was thinking of putting a hand towel between the Heat Mat & Dome so it's not quite so warm.
Like I said. Not sure if I should because not sure how warm it should get.
Thoughts ?
it should be warm to the touch, nothing more. If you think its too hot, you can insulate it a bit by placing a towel over it then put the seeds on that. I use gro-blocks and a seedling dome to sprout my DWC babies and they love my mat, no towel.
congrats on journal OTM! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom