Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

High Everyone ? Well you should be !!! It's more fun that way.
Anyway, I'm fixing to start a New Journal. My last grow is down to the harvest so time to get rolling on the next one.
So here's what will be happening. I have a little 3' x 4' x 6' Propagation tent. For those who don't know what this is ....
it's a tent that has a divider in it. 3' x 3' area is for keeping a Mother plant (which I don't have yet so using it for an Auto Flower Grow). The other section is 1' x 3' & has a shelf in it. That part is for starting clones & seeds. I'll post pics tomorrow of it.
I'll be starting 3 seeds of Critical 2.0 in Root Riot Plugs. I'm only planning on doing 2 plants but starting 3 seeds just in case.
I'll just be using a 2' - 2 Bulb T-5 for Germinating. I also have a Heat Mat if needed.
Can't remember the Breeder as I've had these seeds a good 2 years. They are Auto Flowers so they will run at 18/6 the entire grow.
These 2 plants will be done DWC (with help I hope). My first attempt at DWC. I bought 4 - 5 gallon Black Buckets at the Hydro Store (2 for growing & 2 for Bucket changes). I bought 2 - 6", 2 - 8" & 2 - 10" net pot lids but I'll be using the 6" this grow. I'm just using Single Valve Aquarium Air Pumps from Walmart that are good for 5 - 15 gallon aquariums. 1 pump per bucket. I have a 6" x 1" Air Stone for each. Net pots are filled with Hydrotron Grow Rocks.
I'll be using Mega Crop throughout this grow & I'll have Cal Mag & pH down on hand. Ordered Hydro Guard but wont be here till the end of the week.
Anyways, this is how this journal starts. But within 2 - 3 weeks at most I'll be starting 3 Photo Period Plants in my new grow room. We'll get more into that as things progress. But these 3 plants will be done in XL Auto Pots & this will also be used for the 1st time. Should get interesting ... or at least I hope so.
I'll get pics up tomorrow & Tag in anyone I can think of. Any knowledgeable DWC & Auto Pot Growers are Double Dawg Welcome !!! I can surely use your wisdom along the way.
If you would like to be tagged please comment below & I'll do this in the morning when I post pics & start the grow.
L@@K forward to seeing you there. "PARTY ON"

Well I got things Rolling today so we'll start with the Prop Tent. I've got the Main 3' x 3' area set up with the 2 DWC Buckets. Nothing in them yet of course ... but soon enough. Let me know if you guys see anything I need to change up as this is my 1st DWC grow. Will these Air Stones do the Trick ? Not sure if I needed a way to adjust the air so I hooked up a valve thing for it. Planning to Test this stuff out in the next day or 2 so I know it's ready when I need it.
The lights I have in there (Blurple T-5 LED's) were only meant to keep a Mother alive & not for growing. But I may try them anyway to see what happens. I can always throw one of my Mars Hydro TSW 2000's in there if need be.
For now I'm just using a 2' - 2 Bulb T-5 to germinate on the Clone / Seedling side of the Tent.
Here's some pics & then more info in my next post to keep things in order.
Prop Tent - 1.JPG
Prop Tent - 2.JPG
Prop Tent - 3.JPG
Prop Tent - 4.JPG
Prop Tent - 5.JPG
Prop Tent - 6.JPG

On to the start of the Grow. Well I couldn't find my Clear Solo Cups that fit perfectly over my red ones so for now I'm using this storage container as a Clone Dome. I'm using Root Riot Plugs that I soaked in 5.8 pH'd water & then squeezed out. I then placed 2 of the Critical 2.0 Seeds in the Plugs & 1 Northern Lights in the 3rd plug. Cut off a small piece of the bottom of the plug to cover the seed in the hole. They were Labeled & placed in the Dome on top of a Heat Mat. I'll mist the dome when lights come on later. For the next few days I'll mist & give it a couple of ml.s of water & wait for the sprout.
I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have. Once again, this is a 1st & I can use any & all the help I can get to make this successful. Thank in Advance !!!
3) 7-1.JPG
4) 7-2.JPG
5) 7-3.JPG
6) 7-4.JPG
7) 7-5.JPG
8) 7-6.JPG

Its up to you, but its nice to see the water level in the bucket without removing the lid all the time, so what i do is drill a hole near the bottom of the bucket, i think about 5/8 or 13/16 can't remember the size i drilled in them, insert a gromet i do believe 5/8, insert an barbed elbow in there and then attach a 1/2 inch piece of plastic hose running up the bucket for a level gauge.

Its up to you, but its nice to see the water level in the bucket without removing the lid all the time, so what i do is drill a hole near the bottom of the bucket, i think about 5/8 or 13/16 can't remember the size i drilled in them, insert a gromet i do believe 5/8, insert an barbed elbow in there and then attach a 1/2 inch piece of plastic hose running up the bucket for a level gauge.
Any chance you have a pic I could use as a reference to do this ? Thanks.

OK, I went through a couple of my old journals & took down all the names of people who commented in them. How many are still Active I do not know. I guess we'll find out.
Some of those I'll tag are very experienced & knowledgeable. Others are novice & looking to learn.
I'm open to everyone joining in, giving ideas, posting pics, etc. The more the Merrier.
So let's get on with this long ass list of tags: @1ne eye , @The Celt , @Greenthumbs42019 , @FatBeaverBuds , @farside05 , @Emilya , @Virgin Ground , @Mr Kuklinski , @MrSauga , @Pennywise , @InTheShed , @Old Salt , [USER=331483]@Tom Sawyer , @Sparkey224 , @Fastass419 , @grim creeper , @Barney86 , @West Hippie , @Cannagrowerled , @PE636 , @RedZedHead , @TraLa , @Canadadoes , @Dkmg01 , @SOG001 , @Metal Halide , @bluter , @Hydroholic , @Oz3 , @Havocsm1 , @780grow , @Black Thumbs , @BigD13 , @LordDWC , @Chris Scorpio , @ganjaguy , @RPN , @sWEED in BCN , @The Physicist , @Qualitypotlover , @mumps , @Rosie44 , @Ganjagrandaddy , @SQl2kGuy , @GHempster , @lfbleaf , @clwatrtom , @Smokiemcpot19 , @CADBOY , @Alafornia , @oopssteptinit , @Godfather Skunk , @TysonOG , @HutchBenedict , @roaring lion , @JCTJ , @Blazedgirl679 , @TheStonyRoller , @13goody13 , @Rexer , @JermsIsBaked , @Trinisy , @Backlipslide , @PK1 , @Head1982
This should be a good start if even 1/2 the people join in.

what were the black buckets worth BB ?

our local dollar store has started bringing them in at 4 bucks a pop. i picked a bunch up for an outdoor container garden build. i wouldn't buy the hydro store ones as they were pricey.

Back
Top Bottom