Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

I'm growing Wembley now, in soil and RDWC. The plants (there are4) are doing well. Stretching quite a bit. One plant in particular is stretching big time. Quite a bit fir an 80% Indica.

They are just past third week.

The soil plant is doing well but doesn't have anything close to the size of the hydro.
This plant is at 4 weeks

I usually grow both styles... not so much to see tbe differences between the two methods since im growing from seed, more to diversify a bit. Good luck
Nice Grow there.

The radius on such a small buckets is screwing you. And it sounds like its at the bottom of your bucket so the bottom makes it even stiffer.. If you can find a bucket with flat sides you may have better luck, but they are rare since you need a lid. The larger the bucket, the bigger the radius, the easier it is if your using round containers. I know there are scrillions of 5 gal buckets with all sorts of things drilled onto them that don't leak, this is just what I've run into. I use bulkheads, but they are really big and would not work here.

Counter Culture will sell you nice, square buckets of various sizes, with and without holes (per David at BG Hydro). They sell bulkheads cheap, and all the rest of the crap we use. BUT, you will need your left arm and a child to pay for it. My rig is made up of two GH Rainrorest rigs repurposed, but not a smart way to go due to cost. If you are Interested. The thread My RDWC has a fairly comprehensive description of my rig
I just ordered the Site Tube Drain Kits off eBay. Says they'll be here by Friday.

I kind of thought they might not work since I can see the water level right through them.
What is this about tadpoles & bullfrogs ?
Haha. Just my sllyness. Using it for a metaphors for a very dirty res.

I know this is a thread about DWC but i have one last question about my plant lmao, since shes been growing for about 2 months already should i keep her in veg till she gets a lil bigger? Or should i send her into flower mode? Pic to help consider what to tell me lol
25A0626F-E5BD-4E8F-8C9E-881275423E8F.jpeg

OK, I went through a couple of my old journals & took down all the names of people who commented in them. How many are still Active I do not know. I guess we'll find out.
Some of those I'll tag are very experienced & knowledgeable. Others are novice & looking to learn.
I'm open to everyone joining in, giving ideas, posting pics, etc. The more the Merrier.
So let's get on with this long ass list of tags: @1ne eye , @The Celt , @Greenthumbs42019 , @FatBeaverBuds , @farside05 , @Emilya , @Virgin Ground , @Mr Kuklinski , @MrSauga , @Pennywise , @InTheShed , @Old Salt , [USER=331483]@Tom Sawyer , @Sparkey224 , @Fastass419 , @grim creeper , @Barney86 , @West Hippie , @Cannagrowerled , @PE636 , @RedZedHead , @TraLa , @Canadadoes , @Dkmg01 , @SOG001 , @Metal Halide , @bluter , @Hydroholic , @Oz3 , @Havocsm1 , @780grow , @Black Thumbs , @BigD13 , @LordDWC , @Chris Scorpio , @ganjaguy , @RPN , @sWEED in BCN , @The Physicist , @Qualitypotlover , @mumps , @Rosie44 , @Ganjagrandaddy , @SQl2kGuy , @GHempster , @lfbleaf , @clwatrtom , @Smokiemcpot19 , @CADBOY , @Alafornia , @oopssteptinit , @Godfather Skunk , @TysonOG , @HutchBenedict , @roaring lion , @JCTJ , @Blazedgirl679 , @TheStonyRoller , @13goody13 , @Rexer , @JermsIsBaked , @Trinisy , @Backlipslide , @PK1 , @Head1982
This should be a good start if even 1/2 the people join in.

all aboard QP checking in ✅

Attachments

• 053CE2B3-92E4-442B-A9EE-D9167FD16386.jpeg
    053CE2B3-92E4-442B-A9EE-D9167FD16386.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
I know this is a thread about DWC but i have one last question about my plant lmao, since shes been growing for about 2 months already should i keep her in veg till she gets a lil bigger? Or should i send her into flower mode? Pic to help consider what to tell me lol
25A0626F-E5BD-4E8F-8C9E-881275423E8F.jpeg
See all those lighter colored leaves kind of in front & right ? In a week or 2 those leaves will be branches that will grow up taller then the branch you bent over. Once they do, tie them branches out to the sides & start flowering. If you do this, you should get around 4 oz. If you wait till the new branches that you bend over to grow more side branches you'll get even more yield. Every time you tie branches sideways you will get more branches to grow more buds on. You have to decide "How much weed you want from 1 plant" to decide when to start flower. At this point it's about yield & the amount of patience you have. I have the same tendencies .... To want to rush things. So I find something else to keep me busy so I'm not thinking about my plants all the time.

See all those lighter colored leaves kind of in front & right ? In a week or 2 those leaves will be branches that will grow up taller then the branch you bent over. Once they do, tie them branches out to the sides & start flowering. If you do this, you should get around 4 oz. If you wait till the new branches that you bend over to grow more side branches you'll get even more yield. Every time you tie branches sideways you will get more branches to grow more buds on. You have to decide "How much weed you want from 1 plant" to decide when to start flower. At this point it's about yield & the amount of patience you have. I have the same tendencies .... To want to rush things. So I find something else to keep me busy so I'm not thinking about my plants all the time.
Thank you bro

Along for the ride, long time hydro RDWC. Med grower, two plants every time. Top or fim, Scrog, and LST. Use GH Flora Trio nutes advance formula, 750 xl Kind LED Light. Bluelab auto doser and meters. I can go into detail about my set up just ask.

looking at you’re set up. I noticed earlier that you had you’re air pumps on the ground. Unless you have a back flow valve attached to the airline I would lift the pumps off the ground and above the water of your buckets or a power failure will cause a back flow and you will have a flood.

Attachments

• 8F67C49A-F733-4AF0-B610-2733CB3277AB.jpeg
    8F67C49A-F733-4AF0-B610-2733CB3277AB.jpeg
    885.7 KB · Views: 21
Along for the ride, long time hydro RDWC. Med grower, two plants every time. Top or fim, Scrog, and LST. Use GH Flora Trio nutes advance formula, 750 xl Kind LED Light. Bluelab auto doser and meters. I can go into detail about my set up just ask.

looking at you’re set up. I noticed earlier that you had you’re air pumps on the ground. Unless you have a back flow valve attached to the airline I would lift the pumps off the ground and above the water of your buckets or a power failure will cause a back flow and you will have a flood.
Thanks for the Tip. Hope you stick around as I can use all the help I can get on this grow. I'm off to a slow start though. 2 out of 3 seeds popped. I'll throw the one that didn't out if nothing today.
But I've never used Root Riot Plugs before & they seem to be growing really slow. Not even sure how I'm suppose to be dealing with them so just giving them 2 -- 3 ml. of water per day & waiting to see roots. They'd be double this size if started in soil so not sure if I'm doing this right.

We have similar systems. Same nutes and all. Curious about your autodoser... do you dose everything? pH? What are your PPMs usually? Is it based on concentration of the nutes or by time frame? Ex. 3 doses per week, or something like it. What is the biggest pitfall of setting something like that up? I have a ton of questions...

A moderately comprehensive view of my rig is in te My RDWC in my sig.

Back
Top Bottom