Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Should be done trimming up the Afghan tonight so I'll post some pics & weight when finished.
The last plant (GG) has been harvested & is hanging to dry. Thank god for that as I need to get shit going in the shed with the Auto Pots.
Yeah! Getting it going! What the hell! Haha

We have similar systems. Same nutes and all. Curious about your autodoser... do you dose everything? pH? What are your PPMs usually? Is it based on concentration of the nutes or by time frame? Ex. 3 doses per week, or something like it. What is the biggest pitfall of setting something like that up? I have a ton of questions...

A moderately comprehensive view of my rig is in te My RDWC in my sig.
Great questions SteelToe. If you look at the spec sheets of the blue lab it can get into more details on what it can do so I will keep it in plain language for others to understand.

I set the doser (for PH only). For which way I want it to dose up or down and set my parameters, I have it set to drift between 5.8 and 6.1. It takes measurements every 30 minutes (can be set to whatever you want for measuring)

I used to take my measurements with a pen every morning and evening but with travel I got the doser and it is a lifesaver. Most deficiencies in hydro begin with PH issues.

I additionally have two bluelab EC/PPM meters. One for the Rez which measures the current nute numbers that are different every week dependent on what week of growth they are in. The other meter I have set up in my filler Rez to measure what I’m putting into the Rez so I will know what EC it should Be at after topping off during the week. I change roughly once every 7-10 days again according to the week it’s in or my numbers aren’t performing the way I like them too. Additionally, Bluelabs can be set to reed at a EC or PPM lvls just set it and read it. Easy to use.

Old pic but you get the idea.

7231DDDE-B5D7-4309-8998-0C1B1289271B.jpeg

Great questions SteelToe. If you look at the spec sheets of the blue lab it can get into more details on what it can do so I will keep it in plain language for others to understand.

I set the doser (for PH only). For which way I want it to dose up or down and set my parameters, I have it set to drift between 5.8 and 6.1. It takes measurements every 30 minutes (can be set to whatever you want for measuring)

I used to take my measurements with a pen every morning and evening but with travel I got the doser and it is a lifesaver. Most deficiencies in hydro begin with PH issues.

I additionally have two bluelab EC/PPM meters. One for the Rez which measures the current nute numbers that are different every week dependent on what week of growth they are in. The other meter I have set up in my filler Rez to measure what I’m putting into the Rez so I will know what EC it should Be at after topping off during the week. I change roughly once every 7-10 days again according to the week it’s in or my numbers aren’t performing the way I like them too. Additionally, Bluelabs can be set to reed at a EC or PPM lvls just set it and read it. Easy to use.

Old pic but you get the idea.

7231DDDE-B5D7-4309-8998-0C1B1289271B.jpeg
Thats cool. I dont mind fixing pH. I have a relatively flat pattern usually, and if its wonky there's probably a reason to look further.

I have a friend who decided he was gonna set up a grow in Northern Nevada, he lives in San Diego. This was his first grow. He went with Dosetrons and, well it didnt work out. A sad story, but baby steps are a real thing.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info

Root Riot plugs work great. It’s easy to over water them though. You should know that they don’t need nutrients until the first set of true leaves open. The riot plugs I would only water when they feel slightly damp and not to much. The roots will appear growing out the plug and it’s up to you when you transplant. I usually do when those true leaves are fully formed. That’s my indication that it’s early but ok to transfer it into you’re system.

If the roots aren’t through you’re hydroten then leave the solution level touching the hydroten so the wicking can’t carry it up to the roots to feed. Once the roots are in the solution then drop you’re water level an inch or two below the net pot. Have the air stone underneath the net pots so it bubbles to the surface and sprays the roots above the water lvl stoping them from drying out. Once you get to that point I can chime back in but I will be watching prior to that. Puff Puff Pass....

Root Riot plugs work great. It’s easy to over water them though. You should know that they don’t need nutrients until the first set of true leaves open. The riot plugs I would only water when they feel slightly damp and not to much. The roots will appear growing out the plug and it’s up to you when you transplant. I usually do when those true leaves are fully formed. That’s my indication that it’s early but ok to transfer it into you’re system.

If the roots aren’t through you’re hydroten then leave the solution level touching the hydroten so the wicking can’t carry it up to the roots to feed. Once the roots are in the solution then drop you’re water level an inch or two below the net pot. Have the air stone underneath the net pots so it bubbles to the surface and sprays the roots above the water lvl stoping them from drying out. Once you get to that point I can chime back in but I will be watching prior to that. Puff Puff Pass....
Thanks ... Appreciated.

Yeah! Getting it going! What the hell! Haha
I'm a fixin 2. Just ordered a New 6" Carbon Filter this morning though as my old one is a year old. It goes near the ceiling in my grow room so can't hang lights or set up pots until I get it & put it in. There's a school behind me so don't need the smell escaping. I'll have a 2nd one running just recirculating air in the shed too. Trying to make sure everything is just right so I don't have to redo a bunch of stuff.

I'm a fixin 2. Just ordered a New 6" Carbon Filter this morning though as my old one is a year old. It goes near the ceiling in my grow room so can't hang lights or set up pots until I get it & put it in. There's a school behind me so don't need the smell escaping. I'll have a 2nd one running just recirculating air in the shed too. Trying to make sure everything is just right so I don't have to redo a bunch of stuff.
Sounds Ike you got the plan, nice! A school huh? Thats kinda hairy, especially if you got popped for selling. May the force be with you my man!

Sounds Ike you got the plan, nice! A school huh? Thats kinda hairy, especially if you got popped for selling. May the force be with you my man!
Only 2 people get weed from me & it's my Nephew's & they both have their cards. I don't do any selling. I rarely even have company.

Here's a few pics of the Afghan Kush Harvest. Shockingly enough it's my biggest yield to date at 11.1 oz. Did not expect this .... But I'll take it !!!
4-Afghan Nugs.JPG
6-Afghan Nugs.JPG
7-Afghan Nugs.JPG
WOW! Great job! They look perfect! Now would you come over and help.me out. Haha. Outstanding stuff there

Only 2 people get weed from me & it's my Nephew's & they both have their cards. I don't do any selling. I rarely even have company.
Right on man. If you see an 8 year old looking for a sack just say no

Only have grown in soil & coco. DWC & Auto Pots are new to me & I don't know shit about either so I'm expecting disaster .... lol.
Its all the same... kinda. Once you understand the plant you be much better understanding the process. pH is more important in hydro. But once you're settled in its pretty easy.

I have no clue what the hell is wrong with these buckets. I get NO AIR BUBBLES at all. The pumps are Brand New & say they are for 5 - 15 gallon fish tanks so they should work. The air stones are also new .... hell, it's all new & unused. Not sure what to do & running out of time fast as roots are starting to come through the plugs. I don't have time & money to keep throwing into this so if what I have on hand doesn't work it's the end of me trying DWC as it's costing too much at this point. Already have over $100 invested in 2 buckets that don't work.

Pics of each part & how to assemble & get it going step by step is what I need. When all I know is I need buckets, air stones, net pots & air pumps it doesn't tell me enough to buy the correct products. I need more details on each piece to get this right. What size air pump ? What size air stone to match the pump ? How long or short does the air hose have to be ? I'm lost. I don't know a thing about DWC & could really use some specific details on things. Thanks in advance.

Going to try my big ass air pump in the morning that I bought for my air domes in the Auto Pots.
These little pumps barely put out bubbles when I stick the hose straight in the water without a stone on it. We'll see if that's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom