Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Real similar to the chart I have & I used everything on that chart when I used GH. The weed was really good & really tasty. I keep considering going back to that line up to see if it was the strain or the nutes.
Got a question. I was getting ready to re-calibrate my 2 pH pens. The package says pH 6.86 @ 25 C on 1 & pH 4.01 @ 25 C on the other. Just to make sure .... They are talking about the water temp after the solution is mixed ?
Now to find out what 250 ml. is in English ... lol. Wish these places would give both Far. & Cel. / ml. & oz.
The pamphlet is in Chinese & English. Why not the other info .... right ?

It’s all personal preference, I like the challenge and ability to adjust my mixtures. Some don’t want that and I understand.

I like the taste also, haven’t tried any other so can’t attest to the nute or strain causing it, I’d like to thinks a little of both.....

Got a question. I was getting ready to re-calibrate my 2 pH pens. The package says pH 6.86 @ 25 C on 1 & pH 4.01 @ 25 C on the other. Just to make sure .... They are talking about the water temp after the solution is mixed ?
Now to find out what 250 ml. is in English ... lol. Wish these places would give both Far. & Cel. / ml. & oz.
The pamphlet is in Chinese & English. Why not the other info .... right ?
Yes it’s centigrade, it affects the ability to give a constant reading based on temp. So there’s a sliding scale. If I were you I’d invest in a good PH pen. Most issues that can go wrong are caused by big PH fluctuations. It’s my most important tool I use once the grow is up and going. I use a Blue Lab pen. You can always find a sale somewhere on the internet. Easy to maintain and calibrate. It also gives you the nutrient temperature. They make a ppm pen also that will give you readings in EC or PPMs on the 700 or 500 scale. So it’s versatile.

So what of the supplements should I go for first, I have the three basic and I’m gonna get cal mag, I probably have enough $ for one more For now
If you don’t nt have Hydroguard That would be my suggestion. Don’t buy any of the expert nutes till you have the three part down. If you already have and want to get into the details of mixing you’re own formula, my only advice is start at 1/4 strength and adjust up in small increments and let the plant tell you what she is willing to take without causing deficiencies. At the same time logging the PPMs of each strength and how each additive/supplements affects you’re ppm’s. Make sense?

Yes it’s centigrade, it affects the ability to give a constant reading based on temp. So there’s a sliding scale. If I were you I’d invest in a good PH pen. Most issues that can go wrong are caused by big PH fluctuations. It’s my most important tool I use once the grow is up and going. I use a Blue Lab pen. You can always find a sale somewhere on the internet. Easy to maintain and calibrate. It also gives you the nutrient temperature. They make a ppm pen also that will give you readings in EC or PPMs on the 700 or 500 scale. So it’s versatile.
I've been watching Craigslist & Offer Up for Blue Lab Pens & also for water chillers. Not sure what size water chiller if I use 27 gallon totes though so I have to figure that out. Mainly just pricing the chillers for now. I seen a set up somewhere that a guy had 3 totes connected together with PVC & it all ran off 1 Res. I was thinking of possibly doing something like that.

So what of the supplements should I go for first, I have the three basic and I’m gonna get cal mag, I probably have enough $ for one more For now
My favorites in the line up are Rapid Start, Floralicous Plus, Diamond Nectar & Flora Nectar.
This is where I think the great taste & smell comes from. No scientific proof of it. Just the way it seems to me.

I myself when the plant get to big to do a bucket change, i drain through the site tube into tupperware container not to tall in height, it take about 6/7 of these back and forth to drain the reservior, i'm glade i only have to do this each week because its a pain in the ass but works, you could also pump it out and in with a non submesible pump by just moving the lid a bit to the side and dropping a 1/2 inch hose down the side and reverse this for filling from another mixed up nute bucket. Also i just move my lid to the side a bit to stick my p.h / tds meter in to do my checks.

Like Penny said recirculating larger volumes of water will give you more stability and control. I learned this back in my fish keeping days, the more water you have the less drastic fluctuations will be.

Obviously there’s a limit on practicality when we are talking about hydroponics with full water changes weekly and nutrients that in some cases aren’t cheap. My four plant rdwc will go through 80-90 gallons a week, including a full 75 gallon water change and top offs in between. I’m glad to able to use my wastewater in my garden and landscaping so it’s not a total waste versus going down the drain.

The downfall is you need plants with very similar nutritional needs in the system since they are all feeding from the same “nutrient soup” so to speak. Otherwise, you’ll run into a Goldilocks and the 3 bears type scenario, where one plant is getting too much, one too little, and only one that’s just right, not to mention them potentially finishing at different times. I found clones from a mother plant to be ideal, but that’s not to say it can’t be done with different strains, it just may be more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom