Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Ok cool, sounds like she’s feeding and drinking well.
Here's the pics
7-53.JPG
7-54.JPG
7-55.JPG
7-56.JPG
7-57.JPG
7-58.JPG
7-59.JPG

Tonight when I checked things pH went up to 6.4 so adjusted back to 5.8. ppm is reading about 350.
Water Temp is 72 F. Room Temp is 72 F. RH is 60%. This is right before lights on so plants haven't perked up yet. Not sure if the roots should look this way or if something is wrong ? They were a lot whiter yesterday. LMK what you think. Thanks !!!

Did some research & found info on GWE website. Appears to be some root rot going on. If all the roots were brown it could have been just stained roots from the nutrients. But since only part of the roots are brown it's root rot. GWE says I'm not suppose to do full bucket changes for 3 - 4 weeks & just top off the water till then because the roots haven't built up a protective film over them yet. Says doing full bucket changes can make root rot appear overnight in young plants that aren't established yet. If this is true, "It's the 1st thing I'm not doing right".
Next cause is light leaks. I guess I should have listened & taped up the site tubes. That pretty much renders the site tubes useless for me as that is what I go by to fill my buckets. Pretty hard to use them for drainage with the buckets on the floor. Anyway, the brown roots appear to be on the side with the site tubes. I'm thinking light is getting in the buckets through the site tubes. 2nd Mistake.
3rd Mistake is Clear Green Air Line Tubing. Light can get in this way also. 4th Mistake is I don't think I'm getting enough air to the roots. Things look way better as far as bubbles when the pump is running just 1 bucket instead of 2. 5th Mistake is I think i may have had the water level a little too low when I did the bucket change.
So today I'm buying 2 more buckets without site tubes since they are useless to me. That eliminates that issue. Also wont look so bad when I dump old nutes in the yard since there wont be hoses hanging off the buckets for neighbors to see ... lol. Then replacing the Green Air Line with Black Tubing to fix that problem. Also buying another Air Pump so there's 1 for each plant. I think this should cover all the bases as far as Air & Light goes.
Opinions please. Does it sound like I'm on the right track ?

Yes it sounds like those fix’s will address the issues u states, the side water lvl tube is useless to me also, and I’ve been changing my water every week also, I’m gonna have to look into that , I kno I’ve read to change it every week but that could b on the nutrient bottle, ya kno to sell more products lol

I have been using blue site level tubes for 5years and never had root rot, i do though use black air lines, so i really don't think its coming from the site tubes. But this is up to you, my guess would be the clear air lines. If it is light related. :peace:

Did some research & found info on GWE website. Appears to be some root rot going on. If all the roots were brown it could have been just stained roots from the nutrients. But since only part of the roots are brown it's root rot. GWE says I'm not suppose to do full bucket changes for 3 - 4 weeks & just top off the water till then because the roots haven't built up a protective film over them yet. Says doing full bucket changes can make root rot appear overnight in young plants that aren't established yet. If this is true, "It's the 1st thing I'm not doing right".
Next cause is light leaks. I guess I should have listened & taped up the site tubes. That pretty much renders the site tubes useless for me as that is what I go by to fill my buckets. Pretty hard to use them for drainage with the buckets on the floor. Anyway, the brown roots appear to be on the side with the site tubes. I'm thinking light is getting in the buckets through the site tubes. 2nd Mistake.
3rd Mistake is Clear Green Air Line Tubing. Light can get in this way also. 4th Mistake is I don't think I'm getting enough air to the roots. Things look way better as far as bubbles when the pump is running just 1 bucket instead of 2. 5th Mistake is I think i may have had the water level a little too low when I did the bucket change.
So today I'm buying 2 more buckets without site tubes since they are useless to me. That eliminates that issue. Also wont look so bad when I dump old nutes in the yard since there wont be hoses hanging off the buckets for neighbors to see ... lol. Then replacing the Green Air Line with Black Tubing to fix that problem. Also buying another Air Pump so there's 1 for each plant. I think this should cover all the bases as far as Air & Light goes.
Opinions please. Does it sound like I'm on the right track ?
Yes..like I said before tape the tubes. I know it’s not the prettiest thing to look at but to me I could care less what my buckets look like, as long as everything is clean and the plants are healthy that’s all that matters. I also use black aquarium tubing for my pump lines for the same reason, bigger air stones and a more powerful pump would be better then several weak pumps. If you like I can refer you to a good pump that can be used for dwc and rdwc if you ever decide to go that route.. it’s nice to have a pump that can utilized in more then one way..your plants are established now, they are no longer seedlings so I think your fine to continue doing buckets changes as you have been but now you know for next grow.

I have been using blue site level tubes for 5years and never had root rot, i do though use black air lines, so i really don't think its coming from the site tubes. But this is up to you, my guess would be the clear air lines. If it is light related. :peace:
My Air Lines are actually Clear Green. The type of lines you get from the hospital. Wife had a double lung transplant so we have lots of green hose.

Your next top up or water change add hydrogen Peroxide with your hydroguard. Add hydroguard every 3-4 days.
How much Hydro Guard would I add after a few days if I use 7 ml. for 3.5 gallons when I mix nutes ?
I'm thinking it may not be necessary. You'll see in a minute after I check back on something.

Back
Top Bottom