Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Ya mine usually stays around 68-70 degrees.. 72 is right on the border of being iffy, but the hydro guard will protect you from any issues that would occur as result of a hot Rez.
From what I read on GWE you can have up to 80 F water temps as long as you use Hydro Guard.
72 F has been the lowest & 74.4 F was the highest so far. I'm going to have to work with 70 - 75 F & hope for the best.

OK, Here's what I'm thinking happened. On Monday I told you about me forgetting to put the plants back in the buckets after the bucket change. They sat in buckets of air for a little over an hour before I remembered it. Next morning I have brownish roots. Roots were bright white prior to that.
So everything will probably be fine as long as I put my plants back in the water.
Never the Less, I did buy a 65 LPM / 1030 GPH Air Pump today & 2 Black Buckets. Already have Black Rubber Tubing & my stones are 2" x 6" cylinders. My old pump is 40 LPM so I'm putting 1 pump on each bucket. Should have plenty of Air / Bubbles this way.
Am I on to something ? I'm guessing at this because of the way things happened. All other variables were in a good range so it sure seems like the cause.

I got 1 bucket switched over with no site tubes or air lines connected through the buckets. Now I feel better dumping old nutes in the yard since it just looks like buckets of water. Ran the air line through the lid (drilled hole & put a grommet in for it). So now when I remove the lid the air stone & all come out at the same time. I also put 1 pump on each bucket & it's like a Jacuzzi the way it's bubbling now. I'll switch the other bucket today before lights out.

Nice setup, very similar to the setup I made.
It looks like it will make things easier to work with for me & less obvious to my neighbors. I know my neighbors are all smokers as we've talked about weed from dispensaries while burning a fattie.
But still don't want them knowing anything. Piss them off for some reason & you're busted. So I do my bucket changes after dark & others can't see as well.

Who here knows what the LUX reading should be at the canopy ? I know it's suppose to be in PAR for LED's but I'll have to use the LUX to PAR conversion chart. All I have is the Dr. Meter LX1330B Lux Meter to go by. Trying to figure out why these plants aren't stretching. They keep growing more branches but like 1/4" apart & the plants keep getting wider & not taller. The light is about 4' above the canopy so they should be stretching like hell. Then again, last time I grew these in soil & I think they only got about 18" tall & yielded about 2.5 oz.
LMK on the LUX so I can see where I'm at. Thanks !!!

The Blueberry seed has popped it's head up above soil. Still wearing it's sleeping cap though.

After researching Terpines yesterday I reached a conclusion that I want to look for strains that mainly have Myrcene & Linalool Terpines & are blue or purple strains. I higher THC level to go with it is a bonus. Seems the more I read I kept seeing Do-Si-Dos over & over as 1 of the strains that fit that category. Do'Si'Do's, Incredible Bulk & Mendo Breath are all kind of similar so I'm thinking they have the same Terpines.
I can't believe after 3.5 years of growing that I realize I Don't Know Shit !!! There's so much more knowledge to be had. I guess I'll never be a Know it All ... lol.

After researching Terpines yesterday I reached a conclusion that I want to look for strains that mainly have Myrcene & Linalool Terpines & are blue or purple strains. I higher THC level to go with it is a bonus. Seems the more I read I kept seeing Do-Si-Dos over & over as 1 of the strains that fit that category. Do'Si'Do's, Incredible Bulk & Mendo Breath are all kind of similar so I'm thinking they have the same Terpines.
I can't believe after 3.5 years of growing that I realize I Don't Know Shit !!! There's so much more knowledge to be had. I guess I'll never be a Know it All ... lol.
You wouldn't want to be a know it all anyways, you wouldn't have any friends. ;)

Hey there @InTheShed I need your help. I'm not up on LUX & PAR. What should my LUX Meter be reading at the Canopy ? Is there a chart somewhere that has LUX info for certain stages of growth?
Trying to figure out why these plants aren't growing vertically. They are growing horizontally (getting wider) quite a bit. These plants are close to 5 weeks old & look more like 2 - 3 weeks old.
Last grow in soil the plants were 10 times this size by week 5. So far I'm not seeing any advantages to DWC compared to soil. Just a lot more work & more electric usage for less weed so far. I would expect that a 5 week old plant in DWC should look more like a 7 - 8 week plant grown in soil.

A lot if auto’s I’ve grown have Been very compact and need to tuck and pony tail fans in veg but once they decide to flower they can explode
I ran incredible bulk last year,ended up going to seed near the end but never spotted a narner through the grow.
Still a good vape and was right at the end of the grow when I spotted the first sign of seed.
Didn’t make it to my grow again list though

Back
Top Bottom