Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Put a couple of oil drain pans under my buckets. That raised the plants about 4". Lux reading now at 465 x 100 = 46,500 Lux so I'm good now. Plants look like they grew an inch since lowering the lights.
So what I'm getting out of this is you keep your lights close to prevent stretching but if you raise your lights too high you don't get enough light for vertical growth. I would think too high would also cause nute uptake problems due to lack of photosynthesis ?

Yup light and environment makes a huge difference.To much light and not enough nutes is as bad as to much nutes and not enough light then add temperatures to the mix which can really mess things up.
If you can’t control the mix you need to be reading day to day on your feeds and even if you can control you need to no what the strain you have wants
Fun game that’s for sure
Im in the tropics and only get 1 grow in winter but no environment control so just ride with what the season gives and try my best to read if it’s thirsty or hungry:thumb:
Just don’t get caught up in the magazine nug shot and think that’s what you need for a successful grow
If it’s not fried or starving at the end and does what you want in the smoke it’s a success especially if you have learned while you grow:peace:

Just don’t get caught up in the magazine nug shot and think that’s what you need for a successful grow
This grow is just about learning a little about DWC. But I do like the sweet looking nug shots in the contests & I will eventually grow something that looks as good. I'll be trying some strains I haven't grown before after searching Seed banks & Terpine profiles. Never knew Terpines had different effects or that different weed had different terpines till this grow. So now I have a better idea of what I'm looking for seed wise. So I'm learning along the way.

OK, these girls are drinking & I need to either increase the water level or do a nute change. Waiting for someone to tell me how they do it. Not sure if I just add pH'd water with Hydro Guard or if I add nutes too.
I think I'm going to order a 3rd Mars Hydro TSW 2000 & get rid of the Nextlight Mega. Just too big for me to work with. Takes up 1/2 of my area & I can barely move in there. I like the Mars lights anyway.

The Gelato 33 x Do-Si-Do's hasn't sprouted so replaced her with another Blueberry.
Damned plants are pre-flowering and only a few inches tall. Tried to LST a little but with plants & branches so short not a whole lot I can do. I'll be lucky to pull an oz. off each plant. Is what it is.
I'll never grow this strain or auto's again anyway.

This is what i do, i just top up with ph water and hydroguard plus cal/mag if needed. I do my nute changes on Sat, later on when there drinking alot and the tds is down to about 250-300 usually on Wednesday i will add some MC to my top up solution to bring it up just below where i started after nute change on Sat, and then on Sat start all over again with a full nute change. Just the way i do mine, i'm sure people do it other ways also. You might need to experiment a bit so you have a idea how much MC to add with your top up to bring it up so its some what below your reg nute change. Hope this helps some what.

This is what i do, i just top up with ph water and hydroguard plus cal/mag if needed. I do my nute changes on Sat, later on when there drinking alot and the tds is down to about 250-300 usually on Wednesday i will add some MC to my top up solution to bring it up just below where i started after nute change on Sat, and then on Sat start all over again with a full nute change. Just the way i do mine, i'm sure people do it other ways also. You might need to experiment a bit so you have a idea how much MC to add with your top up to bring it up so its some what below your reg nute change. Hope this helps some what.
Thanks. Much appreciated. I was wondering because I figured with just water & hydro guard I'd be reducing ppm's.

Just looked back & I started these Auto's on 5-25 so tomorrow will be 5 weeks exactly. So they are about 5 weeks to harvest if I go by the time it took in soil to grow these same plants.
5 weeks is good though as I should have the 3 soil plants almost ready to start flower by then.

Anyone here order seeds from "Dutch Seeds Shop" ? Looks like they have the strains I like the best.
I've done Dutch Passion Seeds but not sure if these are the same breeder. Never the less all I need to know is if the seeds from Dutch Seeds Shop are considered to be from a quality breeder ?
I want good genetics far cloning so want seeds from a well known good breeder.
I'm getting things narrowed down on my search so should order in the next week.

Check this out .... Says it will work as a light dimmer switch. I have a few of them so going to try it.

Hey guys, any reputable sites to buy seeds from that ship to the U.S.?
Most ship here. It's the payment types that very from one seller to the next & the price of their seeds. I've been on a seed search for a week to narrow it down to 1 seller who has most of the seeds I want.

Here's an update on the girls. They are starting to drink a lot more. About 1/2 gallon in 3 days.
I did a bucket change today & raised the MC to 4.5 grams per 3.5 gallons of water. Only .5 gram increase. ppm is now at 442. Water Temps @ 72.5 / Room Temp at 72 - 77 F / RH @ 55 - 60%.
Plants still not stretching all that much. Really tight nodes & bushy as hell. But only 6" tall ... lol.
Last 2 pics are the children. The other Blueberry hasn't broke ground yet.
7-77.JPG
7-78.JPG
7-79.JPG
7-80.JPG
7-81.JPG
7-82.JPG
7-83.JPG
7-84.JPG

Back
Top Bottom