Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

Your plants look killer man idk how i could turn out better
You have closer node spacing so that's a plus for big buds. I don't have any light meters or anything so it's all guess work for me. When you get different plants all growing at different heights it makes it tough to get the right amount of light to all of them. So I just do what I can.

You have closer node spacing so that's a plus for big buds. I don't have any light meters or anything so it's all guess work for me. When you get different plants all growing at different heights it makes it tough to get the right amount of light to all of them. So I just do what I can.
:goodjob::thumb:

Bro your plants look amazing! Maybe you just have big auto genetics going for you or they love those nutes or how much water your putting through them.

I wont lie I think my plants would be much bigger if I had watered like you said from the start rather then goin round and round with all the information I was getting, also I've gone multiple days of being lazy after work and not giving them food when they could of used it!!

It will be much better when I'm growing at my actual residence so i dont feel like I'm getting off work and goin right into another job but I should have atleast 35-40 days left and they are really thirsty these days!!

I think I can hit my 10 ounce mark between the autos.

I use to do Heating & AC till I moved to AZ. No more outside work for me. Too Hot ! I do physical labor too. I probably lift 5 tons of 28" x 40" sheets of paper a day so I can cut it all down to size to make Books & Magazines. When I started in this line of work it was fun. Usually 25 girls to every 5 guys. Most wore Halter Tops & Short Shorts back then & work was fun to go to. Now it's the other way around & kind of sucks. But it pays $22 p.h. + Bonuses which is real good for AZ. Most jobs don't pay shit here. But this place has all the benefits, bells & whistles so I plan to stay here till I retire if I don't move out of state. That's still in Limbo till January.

Got home from work & a few branches on the N.L. have already grown quite a bit so had to move the branches to the next squares out. Should help the center stuff grow up I would think.
I think the AK 47 is closing in on her finish. She has about 20% Red Hairs. No yellow leaves yet & still packing on the weight so letting her go a little while longer. I plan to do a pretty good defol on her this weekend & then maybe go another week before I start with the Final Phase Flush.
AK x 6 Shooter looks like she's going to be almost as big as the N.L. I have to tuck a few of her branches through the net also.

Just catching up...
The screen has one disadvantage... you lock the plants in place so you can't move or turn them for maintenance.
It has a couple of advantages... it provides support for the plant, and you can open the plant up to let the light in. The second will increase your harvest. :D

I get lazy from time to time as well. Mater of fact is that I work very hard to be as lazy as possible. I solved the multiple feeds per day problem with a DIY automatic watering system. Two problems were solved. I get to be lazier, and the plants always are watered on time, with none forgotten.

Oh how I wish I could lay around & be lazy just for a week. That would be the Ultimate Vacation for me. Seems all I do is go, go, go. I only have time to get so much done & sometimes I end up to tired to complete it all in one day.
Yeah, I thought about the maintenance when I was doing it & figured this was the lesser of 2 evils. I plan on doing a defol on the 2 big ones this weekend. I can still get to most of it with the 3 smaller plants out of the tent.
AK 47 may finish sooner than I think. About 40% Red Hairs now. Probably start using Final Phase this weekend.

That critical is bigger than half my plants :/
I think you're talking about the Northern Lights x Critical 2.0. The straight Critical 2.0 is Is a midget. About 1' tall & buds the size of marbles. 75% red & all the small leaves are frosty white, thick & sticky as all hell. Considering using this plant for BHO.

Here's that Critical 2.0. Makes me laugh to look at her. She's chopped down this morning. See if I can salvage anything to get a buzz .... LOL.
GEDC5446.JPG
GEDC5447.JPG
GEDC5450.JPG

She doesn't have a real strong smell. Mostly when you 1st open the tent it hits you in the face. I rub the stem between my finger & thumb to get a real good smell of her. She's finishing pretty quickly now. I'd say close to 60% Red Hairs.
The Cola's feel pretty dense. Most are about 2" in diameter & 8" - 10" long. Some a little longer, some shorter. But quite a few branches. I doubt I'll get the 8 + oz. I hoped for. I'm guessing closer to 6 or 7 oz. I'll know soon as she's nearing the chopping block.
I think my AK x 6 Shooter will be my biggest yielder. Her Nodes are the closest & she's just as big as the N.L. now. Those 2 plants alone could fill my 5' x 10' tent. It's unbelievable to me. I've never had plants this big in a tent & Auto's to top it off. I'm Amazed !!!
It's really going to suck taking everything down & moving after this. I just want to keep going & going to see what I can do next .... LOL.

I did like you were saying & cut off a small leaf next to a bud to check it. They are still mostly cloudy with just a very little amount of Amber. So here are some questions for you guys since I usually just go by Red Hairs.
1) About how long does it take for them to turn Amber once they're cloudy?
2) Should I keep Feeding or start the flush with the Final Phase? (It's a AN product you give your plant the last week to flush it)

The buds don't seem to be putting on much more weight at this point. Mainly just turning orange now.

I did like you were saying & cut off a small leaf next to a bud to check it. They are still mostly cloudy with just a very little amount of Amber. So here are some questions for you guys since I usually just go by Red Hairs.
1) About how long does it take for them to turn Amber once they're cloudy?
2) Should I keep Feeding or start the flush with the Final Phase? (It's a AN product you give your plant the last week to flush it)

The buds don't seem to be putting on much more weight at this point. Mainly just turning orange now.
Its strain dependent... some will cloud up early without seeing any amber right into the last week. I actually see amber down low usually before the top goes and I will see amber on the sunleaves maybe a week before I start seeing it at the very top on the calyxes.
I suggest using the product to do a proper flush with 3x the container size of water on one of your watering days 2 weeks before the end, right as the final budswell starts, and then keep on your regular nute schedule right up to the end, including any finishing nutes you might want to use. We have learned a lot since the days when we recommended water only for the last week or two.

Back
Top Bottom