Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

I think the plants are starting to take off now. They are getting bigger everyday. That AK 47 has still got my attention the most. She's so pretty I hate to see her die.
Here are some Day 28 pics. As you can see I added my Wire Racks on top of oil drain pans for run off. Works great.
GEDC5064.JPG
GEDC5065.JPG
GEDC5066.JPG
GEDC5067.JPG
GEDC5068.JPG
GEDC5069.JPG
GEDC5070.JPG

all looking great, and after spending all that money on all those great nutes one would expect nothing less. Everything looks pretty much perfect. :goodjob:
Thank You !!! I wasn't sure if it was the Nutes or the strains. All I know is these plants are way prettier than any others I've grown.

Hey there ya'all ... got a question. My plants are 4 weeks old today. Some are really bushy & hard to tell where the branches are. Is it too early to do a defoliation on them ? They are starting to put out female sex signs & when I open the tent I get hit with the smell pretty good. Not sure if I should do it just yet or wait another week or 2. Would like to get some air & light down in there. Can't tell what to tie back because too many leaves in the way.

You may want to spread out the branches at the same time to allow more light to reach them. If you leave the tips of the shorter branches higher than those of the longer branches, they will grow a little faster and catch up. Tent pegs are a really good choice for this, as they are gripped well by most substrates. I've used straightened plastic covered paper clips with a bend in the end, but they tend to pull up.

Day 28 & all's well ! Today I started my Week 5 Bloom Nutes @ 48 oz. each. I also decided to start defoliating. I defoliated 3 of my Auto's (AK 47, Haze XL & AK 47 x Six Shooter) & did a temporary tie down on some branches.
I also defoliated my 2 Photo's (Afghan Kush & Widow's Breath) & topped them again. I didn't tie anything back on the Photo's as of yet. I don't think the girls like their new haircuts at the moment cause they look sad. But they'll get over it & by tomorrow they should be their bright & cherry selves again.
The other 3 Auto's I'll do a Defol on tomorrow.
Here's some pics of the plants after defol. Didn't take all that much off. Leaves were just big.
GEDC5132.JPG
GEDC5134.JPG
GEDC5135.JPG
GEDC5136.JPG
GEDC5137.JPG
GEDC5138.JPG
GEDC5139.JPG

Good Morning everybody !!! Well we're here in the AZ. desert where the high for today is 111 F. I'll have to get HIGH just to deal with it. This shit aint nuthin nice !!!
Anyway, I did my morning feed of just 36 oz. of nutes. Then I did the defoliation on the other 3 Auto's. I also took just a little more off the AK. I'll tie back some branches on the 3 I defoled today when I feed tonight.
The 3 Auto's I defoliated last night look good this morning. The leaves are praying to the God's.
But for now, here are some pics of the 3 I defoliated this morning.
Over & Out !!!
GEDC5153.JPG
GEDC5154.JPG
GEDC5155.JPG
GEDC5156.JPG
GEDC5157.JPG
GEDC5158.JPG
GEDC5159.JPG
GEDC5160.JPG
GEDC5161.JPG

Good Morning everybody !!! Well we're here in the AZ. desert where the high for today is 111 F. I'll have to get HIGH just to deal with it. This shit aint nuthin nice !!!
Anyway, I did my morning feed of just 36 oz. of nutes. Then I did the defoliation on the other 3 Auto's. I also took just a little more off the AK. I'll tie back some branches on the 3 I defoled today when I feed tonight.
The 3 Auto's I defoliated last night look good this morning. The leaves are praying to the God's.
But for now, here are some pics of the 3 I defoliated this morning.
Over & Out !!!
GEDC5153.JPG
GEDC5154.JPG
GEDC5155.JPG
GEDC5156.JPG
GEDC5157.JPG
GEDC5158.JPG
GEDC5159.JPG
GEDC5160.JPG
GEDC5161.JPG

How about we average out temperatures so that we're both comfortable. Here in NS it's 15°C/59°F. I would love some higher temperatures. Our average would be 29.4°C/85°F.

59 isn't too bad. 85 is pretty nice. 111 F & I try to stay inside ...LOL. Where is NS ? Not sure what it stands for.

Nova Scotia, Canada. I rather have the 59 than the 111, but I'd really like to see the sun.

It's day 30. 2 of the Auto's I defoled are almost at the point that you can't tell I did anything. All the top leaves on these plants have came up & are giant leaves. The AK 47 has small bunches of hairs in the centers so it's on it's way to making magic happen. The Northern Lights is the tallest of the bunch at about 18" & 3 of the others are really close in size. The Critical 2.0 is the small one of the bunch (8") & the Critical x N.L. isn't a lot bigger (10"). They look perfectly healthy so I guess it's the strain. The 2 photo's are still small. I still have those 2 with just the blue light (Veg Switch) on so they grow slower & don't take up a lot of room. They still have 5-6 weeks to veg so I'll wait another week or 2 to turn on the flower light & let them grow more. It's just a Viparspectra 450 watt light so all it's really good for is seedlings & keeping a mother alive. They will Flower under 900 watt lights (1 plant per light) when they go to 12/12. I'm not sure, but these plants all seem small to me compared to others I've grown. They are a lot bushier though. I need to compare my pics from other grows to be sure. In a way I'm kind of glad they are shorter because dealing with 5' plants in a tent sucks. I've had a couple get that tall but most are around 4'. The other thing I've noticed different than usual is the branches are thicker this time. I'm guessing that has to do with growing in Coco & more abundant root growth.

Well, I'm starting to feel like a Nut Case writing this journal. Don't Crazy People talk to their selves ? That's what I feel like I'm doing.

Well, I'm starting to feel like a Nut Case writing this journal. Don't Crazy People talk to their selves ? That's what I feel like I'm doing

You're not a Nut Case, just taking notes for your next grow.

Guess I just expected more growers to visit & give me some tips on what I'm doing right or wrong & how to get the most out of it with what I have. At least that's what I was hoping for. I really want to learn how to get at least 8 oz. off a plant.
I keep trying & my yields do increase little by little each grow so I guess I am learning something as I go. But it's been 2 years & 5 grows later the biggest yield so far is 5.5 oz. My 1st 2 grows were all Photo's so they took longer.
As far as taking notes .... I have a binder with all the info from every grow in it & hundreds of pictures on my computer.
I think I learn more reading other peoples stuff than doing a journal at this point.

Back
Top Bottom