Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

Last but not least; The Re-Veg Big Bud story. I bought a pack of 5 Seed Stockers Big Bud Auto-Flower Seeds. All were planted at the same time. 4 completely finished & the 1 never even started to flower. So I put her on 12/12 & then she produced & rather nicely I might add. So, I have no idea if this plant will even Re-Veg because it may have some of the Auto-Flower genes in it ???
I did a Fire OG Re-Veg before & it had started growing again within 2 weeks. The Big Bud doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I'll give it 1 more week. If nothing I'll replace it with a 3rd Photo. Not sure what it will be. I have several different seeds to choose from.

That's twice I've heard about Re-Veg ... time for me to ask some questions about it!

Welcome @SQl2kGuy . Hope there's some info you can use. It's my 1st Coco Grow also. Been growing a little over 2 years now so thought I'd try Coco. If you have enough time for feeding by hand it's not bad. But when you don't have a lot of time tending to them they can be a PITA. I will use an automatic watering system next time because I don't have time to be feeding by hand twice per day. They also take Nutes every feeding ... Never just water. So you use about 4 times the nutes you do in soil. Gets expensive. I've already used 4 - 1 liter bottles & 4 - 1/2 liter bottles; plus I have a few others I'm almost out of. I used at least $250 in nutes for this grow I believe because I water by hand & a bunch gets wasted from run off. Once I switch to Auto Pots there wont be any waste so I'll probably use less than 1/2 of what I used watering by hand. Just a heads up on what you're in for so you can be ready.
I will say Coco has gave me my biggest plants ever. Won't know if it's any better till I get the yield increase I'm looking for.

Looks and sounds good man I love head highs so I can't wait for my ak. I've been slacking but my plants are stacking now lol.

Got about 2.5 weeks left I'd assume like day 54 or 55

Attachments

• 20190814_114716.jpg
    20190814_114716.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20190814-112053_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190814-112053_Gallery.jpg
    788.7 KB · Views: 40
Looks and sounds good man I love head highs so I can't wait for my ak. I've been slacking but my plants are stacking now lol.

Got about 2.5 weeks left I'd assume like day 54 or 55
I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come. A whopping 2.5 oz. of dry bud from the AK 47. I haven't had that low of a plant yield since my 1st grow. If the rest do this shit I'm saying their info on perfect environment & all the other stuff is a bunch of bull. I have everything dialed in as close to what they say is perfect as possible & very expensive nutes, etc...
I got better yields with higher temps & lower RH & way cheaper nutes as things stand so far. Let's see what the rest do 1st.

Seems crazy you only got 2.5 the buds must not be dense?? You had tons of bud on the plant. My 2 aks are still pushing out white hairs and not even fully stacking yet, I posted pics on my journal last night at day 55.

It's crazy I grew out 4 trans siberians and literally all of them are different phenotypes, they even all smell different! No smells from the Aks yet they aren't even putting out frost yet and the other plans are getting 50/50 clear and milky tricomes

Oh Boy, not sure what to do now. Hopefully someone knows what I can do. Well I ran out of Big Bud Nutrient. No money til I get paid which is a week a way. I still have about 2 weeks of feeding Big Bud if I follow the directions to a Tee.
@farside05 I know you understand & know about nute mixes so maybe you can help me out with this. Here's what I'm using: Sensi Coco Bloom A : 4-0-0 / Bloom B : 0-4-5 / Sensi Cal Mag + : 4-0-0 / Rhino Skin : 0-0-4 / B-52 : 2-1-4 / Bud Candy : (No 3 digit # on bottle) only thing it says is 0.5% Mg & it contains non plant food ingredients.
The Big Bud I ran out of was 0-1-3.
Now I have Full Bottles of Over Drive: 1-5-4 that the directions say to use the final 2 weeks. I think I have 3 - 4 weeks from the way things look.
Not sure whether to mix nutes the way I was & just leave out the Big Bud ? Mix the nutes the way I was & add Overdrive to replace the Big Bud ? Or switch to the Final 2 week Feed Schedule (Bloom A & B, Cal Mag & Overdrive only) for the rest of the grow. I've already fed once mixing the way I was & replaced the Big Bud with Overdrive.... But heck if I know if I should have done this.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Damned Doctors & prescriptions took all my money this week. I'm sure they'll be taking a lot more soon as they found a blockage in my heart & being sent to a Cardiologist now. Not sure I'll even go as I just signed the Do Not Resuscitate papers also. 58 years of nothing but struggles so I'm ready to go as soon as possible so I signed the papers.

Seems crazy you only got 2.5 the buds must not be dense?? You had tons of bud on the plant. My 2 aks are still pushing out white hairs and not even fully stacking yet, I posted pics on my journal last night at day 55.

It's crazy I grew out 4 trans siberians and literally all of them are different phenotypes, they even all smell different! No smells from the Aks yet they aren't even putting out frost yet and the other plans are getting 50/50 clear and milky tricomes
Buds that were 4" long & thick dried up to 1" long buds & skinny. The Buds felt pretty dense but dried out airy. I don't know what happened. Not sure if it's a Sativa thing or not because it's my 1st Sativa.
None of the Buds on any of my plants have really fattened up the way they did when I used GH nutes. So far I'm not convinced AN nutes are all that great. My 1st grow using them also. Buds all over everywhere .... I just hope they fatten up more.
The net I put up is working but I'm still running out of places to poke branches through to keep them off the light. Every time I move branches outwards all the stuff in the center grows up into the light again. Any thing less than 10 oz. off each plant (N.L. & AK x 6 shooter) makes this grow not worth what it cost me.
I seen your plants & your grow looks really good. You should get some nice yields. The AK never really did smell much. The N.L. probably smells the strongest.

Buds that were 4" long & thick dried up to 1" long buds & skinny. The Buds felt pretty dense but dried out airy. I don't know what happened. Not sure if it's a Sativa thing or not because it's my 1st Sativa.
None of the Buds on any of my plants have really fattened up the way they did when I used GH nutes. So far I'm not convinced AN nutes are all that great. My 1st grow using them also. Buds all over everywhere .... I just hope they fatten up more.
The net I put up is working but I'm still running out of places to poke branches through to keep them off the light. Every time I move branches outwards all the stuff in the center grows up into the light again. Any thing less than 10 oz. off each plant (N.L. & AK x 6 shooter) makes this grow not worth what it cost me.
I seen your plants & your grow looks really good. You should get some nice yields. The AK never really did smell much. The N.L. probably smells the strongest.
I can relate to that , I spent $400-500 on nutrients with AN nutrients, the Connoisseur full line all the way to bud Factor X . I’m now doing MegaCrop and my buds are just as big as the high dollar nutrients..

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that!! This week's been rough for everyone it seems! I just had to bakeract my close friend last night cause he was suicidal and violent.. I'm sorry man you'll get through it.
Wow, that had to suck doing that ... but understandable.
I think at one time or another everyone feels suicidal at least once in their life. Some of us feel it a lot more. I feel that way a lot but am no danger to anyone else but myself. Never get violent. Might swear & complain a lot but nothing ever physical. That being said & me recognizing it I had the Doc put me on Anti Depressants yesterday also. I'm not sure whats going on with me but I feel like I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown. Probably all the stress from a divorce, loosing my house, my paycheck not covering my bills, etc. I'm about ready to get myself thrown back in prison where I didn't have these worries. My biggest worry in there was whether I would win at the Pinochle table that day. It's more of a vacation than a sentence when you're a single guy. The ones with families have a harder time.

I can relate to that , I spent $400-500 on nutrients with AN nutrients, the Connoisseur full line all the way to bud Factor X . I’m now doing MegaCrop and my buds are just as big as the high dollar nutrients..
I was thinking of going to Mega crop also after this grow. Looks like Mega Crop might start driving the prices of other nute companies down if they don't get greedy & jack their prices up. Seems everyone is switching to it.
Anyways, about the Big Bud. Are you saying to just keep mixing the way I was & leave out the Big Bud & Don't add the Overdrive either ? That's kind of what I was thinking but wasn't quite sure.

I was thinking of going to Mega crop also after this grow. Looks like Mega Crop might start driving the prices of other nute companies down if they don't get greedy & jack their prices up. Seems everyone is switching to it.
Anyways, about the Big Bud. Are you saying to just keep mixing the way I was & leave out the Big Bud & Don't add the Overdrive either ? That's kind of what I was thinking but wasn't quite sure.
Just leave the big Bud out you’ll be fine . The overdrive is the last two weeks of weight gain !

Wow, that had to suck doing that ... but understandable.
I think at one time or another everyone feels suicidal at least once in their life. Some of us feel it a lot more. I feel that way a lot but am no danger to anyone else but myself. Never get violent. Might swear & complain a lot but nothing ever physical. That being said & me recognizing it I had the Doc put me on Anti Depressants yesterday also. I'm not sure whats going on with me but I feel like I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown. Probably all the stress from a divorce, loosing my house, my paycheck not covering my bills, etc. I'm about ready to get myself thrown back in prison where I didn't have these worries. My biggest worry in there was whether I would win at the Pinochle table that day. It's more of a vacation than a sentence when you're a single guy. The ones with families have a harder time.

It really did suck but he asked for it to happen.. literally told us if he doesn't get help that night he wouldn't be around in the mornin so we acted!
And your right I think everyone goes through it at some point I know I have plenty of times when shits weighing to heavy and I dont have the answers.

Oh Boy, not sure what to do now. Hopefully someone knows what I can do. Well I ran out of Big Bud Nutrient. No money til I get paid which is a week a way. I still have about 2 weeks of feeding Big Bud if I follow the directions to a Tee.
@farside05 I know you understand & know about nute mixes so maybe you can help me out with this. Here's what I'm using: Sensi Coco Bloom A : 4-0-0 / Bloom B : 0-4-5 / Sensi Cal Mag + : 4-0-0 / Rhino Skin : 0-0-4 / B-52 : 2-1-4 / Bud Candy : (No 3 digit # on bottle) only thing it says is 0.5% Mg & it contains non plant food ingredients.
The Big Bud I ran out of was 0-1-3.
Now I have Full Bottles of Over Drive: 1-5-4 that the directions say to use the final 2 weeks. I think I have 3 - 4 weeks from the way things look.
Not sure whether to mix nutes the way I was & just leave out the Big Bud ? Mix the nutes the way I was & add Overdrive to replace the Big Bud ? Or switch to the Final 2 week Feed Schedule (Bloom A & B, Cal Mag & Overdrive only) for the rest of the grow. I've already fed once mixing the way I was & replaced the Big Bud with Overdrive.... But heck if I know if I should have done this.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Damned Doctors & prescriptions took all my money this week. I'm sure they'll be taking a lot more soon as they found a blockage in my heart & being sent to a Cardiologist now. Not sure I'll even go as I just signed the Do Not Resuscitate papers also. 58 years of nothing but struggles so I'm ready to go as soon as possible so I signed the papers.

Sorry to hear things haven't been going well. @West Hippie is probably correct that they won't miss the Big Bud. I know when I ran numbers on AN's suggested product mixes in the past, they came out around 1-1-3 N-P-K. Dropping the Big Bud, which mainly is a K booster, isn't going to change much with as heavily weighted as the whole product line is to K.

Sorry to hear things haven't been going well. @West Hippie is probably correct that they won't miss the Big Bud. I know when I ran numbers on AN's suggested product mixes in the past, they came out around 1-1-3 N-P-K. Dropping the Big Bud, which mainly is a K booster, isn't going to change much with as heavily weighted as the whole product line is to K.
Thanks !!! Much appreciated.

Just thought I'd pop in & say I'm feeling a little better today. I think I'm getting over the initial shock of what devastated me in the 1st place & now I have to start facing the reality of what happened. I'll tell you one thing ... having something traumatic happen that causes a total mental breakdown even for a few days is nothing I ever want to happen again.
I've never felt so helpless in my life.
Anyways, my girls are doing fine. Taking a lot longer then I expected though. I figured 70 - 80 days tops but they will take longer than that. I'm thinking it would be cheaper electric wise to grow Photo's as long as these take. Once an Auto goes past 10 weeks I start looking at it as an added electric cost. I can easily finish a Photo in 12 weeks & only have to use 12 hours of electric for 7 - 8 weeks. Just trying to figure out a cheaper, but just as productive way to do things. Mega crop is at the Top of my list.
I'll get more pics up this weekend when I do a little Tent Maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom