Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

I haven't checked mine again; but I'm pretty much doing the same thing you are & I don't see any ill effects on my plants so I think I'm OK. I'll check it again in a few days.
I have bigger issues to worry about now. A couple days ago I kept smelling electrical so I started checking outlets. Found one in my hallway that both sides of the outlet was all melted. I replaced it & it's not getting hot anymore. But I noticed one outlet in my grow room is kind of warm also. Because of that I put my lights on Bloom Only & turned off the Veg switches so I'm now just using my red lights only. Hope they'll finish OK that way. My outlets are all cool to the touch again though & that's my main priority. It's just too much power for my house I guess. Another reason to go down in tent size & lighting .... or higher an electrician before I start another grow.
I just wish these damned things would finish already. Almost 12 weeks in & still have 2 - 3 weeks to go. I put the Red lights only on & now the plants seem to be putting out a lot more white hairs again. Not sure what to think but it looks like I have no choice but to finish this way & hope for the best. Selling these lights, well pretty much the whole set up once this grow is over & going to a smaller COB set up.

You really lucked out. Consider a smoke alarm in the grow room.

There's Smoke Detectors in every room & they are all wired together so if 1 goes off they all go off. Never got smoke. I could smell the electrical burn smell so I went on a search for it. I also have 2 ABC Fire Extinguishers just in case.
What's your thoughts on finishing with just Bloom Lights on ?

There's Smoke Detectors in every room & they are all wired together so if 1 goes off they all go off. Never got smoke. I could smell the electrical burn smell so I went on a search for it. I also have 2 ABC Fire Extinguishers just in case.
What's your thoughts on finishing with just Bloom Lights on ?
It's not the best way to finish. Can you run an extension cord to the light?

Today is Day 82 & still waiting for these ladies to be ready to get stripped down Naked .... Yeah !!! I'm thinking 2 more weeks for the 2 Big Girls. Starting to wonder though because since I switched to the Bloom Lights only they seem to be putting out more white hairs. I guess they like it ???
I put the 2 big ones on the Final 2 week Nutes (12 mil A & B, 6 ml Over Drive & 6 mil. Cal Mag X-tra). That's 3/4 Strength.
The pH is at 5.8 & the ppm is about 700 ppm of Nutes. Going to Defol the upper stuff this weekend for the final finish.
Feel like it's taking forever this grow. Is that what happens when you dial in your Temp & RH .... LOL ? I'm usually done & smoking a bowl by now. Different strains though.

All 3 of my lights are plugged in to separate outlets. But the wiring for the outlets run through the whole house. There are 4 breakers for General Lighting so I'll have to turn 1 off at a time to see exactly what each one controls. Maybe there's an outlet on a different breaker. Not sure yet but I'll check it out.

I'm really surprised at the way these plants are reacting to just the red lights. A whole lot of white hairs have came out all over the place after that. I doubt it could be the Overdrive as I've only used it once so far. Maybe they were ready to do that anyway, don't really know. But I'm all for more weight as so far this grow has not been very good yield wise.
That N.L. is one sticky plant. Smells fantastic. The Six Shooter is making the best looking buds & will probably produce a little more than the N.L. I'm looking forward to the end of this grow .... but not to the trimming. This is going to take a day for each plant. I think I'm going to go back to hanging the whole branches to dry instead of the paper bag method. The smoke seems to taste better & be more potent drying the whole branch & then trimming. I also think the bowl trimmer takes too much off so I'm going to attempt going back to hand trimming. Buds look better hand trimmed. It's just so time consuming though.

Just did my morning feed so checked Run Off pH. I'm feeding at 5.8 since they're in the last 2 weeks. Run Off came back at 5.0 on the 2 Big Girls & 5.4 on 1 smaller one & 5.5 on the other smaller one. So pH is going back up some. Just not very fast. Should be balanced out in the next couple of feedings I think.
Doesn't seem to be bothering the plants so I guess things are A - OK .

Lights just came on & I can't believe how much the buds are fattening up since using just the Red lights. Even the buds on the smaller plants are reacting nicely to it & starting to put out lots more hairs. I may just leave things this way for now to see how things come out. I like what I see so far.

Well, well, well .... It's Day 84 / 12 weeks to the day & still counting. These girls are sure giving me mixed feelings. One part of me is saying you bitches should have been done 2 weeks ago. The other part is loving the girls putting out & fattening up. Now I'm not sure where I'm at on things. The Buds were about 15% Red prior to switching to just the Red Lights & Overdrive. Now they've put out so many more white hairs I think its only 5% - 10% Red. So here I am wondering just how much longer this could possibly take ? The one time I needed things to finish quickly ended up taking the longest of all my grows .... go figure. What's the longest you guys have heard of an Auto taking ?

I only have one XL that I know of (Haze XL). The 2 small plants are at least 2 weeks behind the 2 big ones so I'm looking at another month for those 2. Probably around another 2 weeks for the big ones. I'm getting worried I'm going to lose everything I have because these things are taking too long & I'm getting farther & farther behind. Never had any go past 10 1/2 weeks before. Don't get me wrong, I love what the plants are doing & if I wasn't behind on things this would be quite enjoyable to watch. But with my current situation I need them done yesterday.... LOL.
All these doctors visits are killing me right now just in Co-Pays so when the bills start coming things will just get worse. They're saying I might have to get a pace maker. Still have to do more tests 1st to know for sure.

Here we are at Day 85 & counting. Did my morning feed & got some new pics to post. Looking like the N.L. will finish 1st but the AK / 6 Shooter is right behind her. By time I get the N.L. Trimmed & Dried the Shooter will be ready to follow. Right now I'd say I'll get my biggest yield from the AK / Shooter. She's putting out lots of nice buds. Unfortunately, I think it's mostly a Sativa plant. I'm not sure what 6 Shooter is; Indica or Sativa ? That one I'm leaving till a minimum of 75% Red.
Got to try & make it have some body high & not just the Head High.
Notice the white Balls of Hairs on top some of the Buds (Looks like snowman heads) ? When I switched to just Red Light that's what started happening + all the buds put out more hairs all along the sides of the buds.
The other 2 are putt - putting around slowly but budding. They will take a while still. I don't think those 2 are getting enough light. I'll probably Super Crop the Haze today since she's tall & thin.
Anyways, here's some pics for you.
GEDC5561.JPG
GEDC5563.JPG
GEDC5564.JPG
GEDC5567.JPG
GEDC5569.JPG
GEDC5571.JPG
GEDC5572.JPG
GEDC5575.JPG

Uh Oh, I'm not positive yet but I think I may have Hermied my plants. I was doing a defol on the N.L. & it looks like I may have seeds growing in the buds. There are no ball sacks at any of the nodes though so maybe it's green growth I'm seeing. Sure looks like tiny green seeds though. I guess I'll know soon. I was trying to find a pic of a plant that has just started to hermie but didn't find one. Trying to find one that shows seeds just starting to grow in buds so I can tell for sure. I hope like hell I'm wrong as long as this grow is taking & all the money it cost me.

That right there is why I do not endorse the defol methods that I see on these forums... the chances of hermi go so far up it is not worth it. I hope you are wrong too, but even if it does go, there are bright spots to look at. First, if it hermied and produces seeds that were caused by known stress, then you just created feminized seeds with not a lot of downside... they most likely won't be genetically inclined to hermi. Also, the smoke from a partially pollinated bud is not all that bad really... I wouldn't throw it away at any rate, and that is the pot that I would give my brother. What I am saying is that it is not the end of the world... just take the lessons learned from this, enjoy your female seeds, and move on.

Might not be the end of the world; but I lose my house, my car, etc. if this stuff is full of seeds. I can't pay my bills without it. So it will take a hard hit on me if it's no good. I'm the only income source in this house so all the money problems are mine to deal with. I make $22 p.h. but that's still not enough without my grows to pay all the bills. So yeah, this will be a very drastic hit on me if they hermied. Out of all my grows, when I need it more than I ever did, this has to happen. I was born under a bad sign as the song says .... If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. This grow has cost me $400 in electric, $300 in nutes & 4 months of my time & I can't recoupe my losses from seeds. I also wont be able to start another grow because the supply money wont be there or my house to grow it in. Yes, I'm worried sick about this. Damned I wish I could find a picture of what it looks like when seeds 1st start forming in the buds.
All the posts I've read on defol show these guys taking off all the fan leaves several times per grow & not one ever had a hermie that they spoke of. I'm thinking it was the Super Cropping to get the branches off the lights & the light being too close.

Might not be the end of the world; but I lose my house, my car, etc. if this stuff is full of seeds. I can't pay my bills without it. So it will take a hard hit on me if it's no good. I'm the only income source in this house so all the money problems are mine to deal with. I make $22 p.h. but that's still not enough without my grows to pay all the bills. So yeah, this will be a very drastic hit on me if they hermied. Out of all my grows, when I need it more than I ever did, this has to happen. I was born under a bad sign as the song says .... If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. This grow has cost me $400 in electric, $300 in nutes & 4 months of my time & I can't recoupe my losses from seeds. I also wont be able to start another grow because the supply money wont be there or my house to grow it in. Yes, I'm worried sick about this. Damned I wish I could find a picture of what it looks like when seeds 1st start forming in the buds.
All the posts I've read on defol show these guys taking off all the fan leaves several times per grow & not one ever had a hermie that they spoke of. I'm thinking it was the Super Cropping to get the branches off the lights & the light being too close.

It's too late to quit now. All we can do is hope for the best. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom