Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

No doubt about that. N.L. is getting the chop next weekend. It's about 1/3 red hairs now so I hope it's over 50% by Friday.
If the Defol caused it I might be in bigger trouble. I was doing a defol when I noticed it. There are very few Fan Leaves left on the plant right now. I probably removed 200 or more. Only left the smaller leaves. Got light all the way to the bottom now ... LOL. I probably wouldn't of defoled so much if they wouldn't have gotten so tall. Light wasn't getting to one side of the plant & all the buds on that side are all scraggly looking so was trying to get light to that area. I wasn't prepared for plants this big. Just the 2 big plants would have been perfect for this 5' x 10' tent. I could have spread these girls a lot wider then. Next grow (if I'm lucky enough to have one) will be one of the big ones I'm growing now all by itself in a 5' x 5' tent SCROG style. I'll be using an XL Auto Pot & COB Lights. No more Hand Watering & I need lights I can use a Lux Meter on because I don't want to spend that much on a PAR Meter.
Anyways, if I get seeds I'll be giving most of them away as I don't need more than 10. Hopefully, I'm wrong though. I've never had one Hermie so not sure what I'm seeing just yet.

No doubt about that. N.L. is getting the chop next weekend. It's about 1/3 red hairs now so I hope it's over 50% by Friday.
If the Defol caused it I might be in bigger trouble. I was doing a defol when I noticed it. There are very few Fan Leaves left on the plant right now. I probably removed 200 or more. Only left the smaller leaves. Got light all the way to the bottom now ... LOL. I probably wouldn't of defoled so much if they wouldn't have gotten so tall. Light wasn't getting to one side of the plant & all the buds on that side are all scraggly looking so was trying to get light to that area. I wasn't prepared for plants this big. Just the 2 big plants would have been perfect for this 5' x 10' tent. I could have spread these girls a lot wider then. Next grow (if I'm lucky enough to have one) will be one of the big ones I'm growing now all by itself in a 5' x 5' tent SCROG style. I'll be using an XL Auto Pot & COB Lights. No more Hand Watering & I need lights I can use a Lux Meter on because I don't want to spend that much on a PAR Meter.
Anyways, if I get seeds I'll be giving most of them away as I don't need more than 10. Hopefully, I'm wrong though. I've never had one Hermie so not sure what I'm seeing just yet.

You need to think about that SCRoG. You need to be able to get at the entire screen. For a 5' X 5' screen, you need access from the front and back of your tent.

Yeah, you're right about that. I guess I'll have to do a lot of LST to bush her out instead. Should still be able to fill the tent with just 1 plant. Now that I know how these grow I know what I need to do. It's just the breeder said they would only get about 3' tall. What was he using .... CFL's ?

It might not be a stable strain. I have a couple of hybrids that can express as either sativa or indica. The indica phenotypes are about 3' tall, while the sativas can easily hit 6' indoors. I need to control their heights, which I didn't do properly in my current grow.

I was just reading the seed packages & they all say 3' - 4' tall. Most say 70 -90 days to harvest too. Oh boy I have 2 days till harvest LOL. 88 Days in today.
I've heard of people cutting buds off plants that were done & then leaving the smaller buds on the plant to finish up. Have you ever tried this ? Was thinking about doing the N.L. that way; but does that work ?

I was just reading the seed packages & they all say 3' - 4' tall. Most say 70 -90 days to harvest too. Oh boy I have 2 days till harvest LOL. 88 Days in today.
I've heard of people cutting buds off plants that were done & then leaving the smaller buds on the plant to finish up. Have you ever tried this ? Was thinking about doing the N.L. that way; but does that work ?

I've never done it. I've seen journals where others have successfully done so.

I think I've met everyone except for @Tom Sawyer ...

Well Tom ... nice to meet you ... and you've just inspired me to listen to that audiobook on YouTube this week :)

It’s been crazy busy here and we’ve suffered a tragedy in the family so I haven’t been posting much here. But my GSC girls are 6 weeks into veg and doing pretty good. Just starting some minor LST on the girls. These girls seem to be a little more sensitive and they slowed down a bit. But I’ve also noticed that my H2O PH is really hot lately 9.5+ so I’m having to use more PH down to get it down to 6.3. Anyway. Didn’t mean to hijack so I’m shutting up now. Buds buddy... those plants look fantastic! Congrats!

Hey there Tom .... Good to hear from you. Been a while. Post what ever you want. Makes no difference to me & there's some really knowledgeable growers here that can help with any problem you have. If you get a chance check out Smokie's grow. We started out growing an AK 47 each so we were comparing grows. He's done a nice job. My grow is narrowing it's end now; which I'm fixing to post about now.

Day 89 & it's all over for Ms. Northern Lights. Today was doomsday for her. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics before the chop. So far I've gotten 18 oz. Wet, but trimmed Buds & I have another full bowl that still needs to be trimmed & weighed. I'm sure that's another 8 - 9 wet / trimmed OZ.'s . So 26 - 27 wet OZ.'s should be around 7 - 8 oz. dry.
I only cut down the top 1/2 of the plant because all the bottom stuff is just too small to waste time on. Not sure what the plant will do (if anything) but I stuck it back in the tent anyway. With it being cut down to about 3' tall it will probably just die.... but we'll see what happens. Anyways, I decided to give her the chop today after reading about Hermies on Grow Weed Easy. It said if you are late into flower & your plant starts to Hermie to either remove it & keep it elsewhere if you want seeds --- OR --- Harvest it right away & cut your losses because it takes time for the seeds to fully develop. I chose the latter & went for it. 7 - 8 oz. will do & if by some chance the bottom lives on I'll get a little more.
I was planning to chop the six shooter this weekend; but maybe not. All of a sudden she put out so many white hairs she looks like a pine tree on a snow covered mountain. She gets a pass for this weekend.
Oh well, got to find a place to hang my drying racks & get these buds in there so see you all later.

Not sure, but I don't think that works on Auto's. I've been on 18/6 since I started this grow on June 1st. I figure the bottom stuff is too small anyway so no big deal if it dies off. Sure it would be nice to get more bud; But it is what it is. Just hope what I was able to salvage is good. I think it will be as it's so sticky it's like duct tape. I'd say about 50 - 60% Red Hairs.

Sure is nice to get more light to the smaller 2 plants (N.L. x Critical & Haze XL). Don't look like they'll be small much longer because I can already see a difference in the plants in just 24 hours directly under the light. They look like they grew 6" over night & the buds look like they started putting out more white hairs. I obviously don't have enough light for this big of a tent or at least it doesn't have a big enough footprint.
The bottom 1/2 of the N.L. I gave the chop to doesn't look to be dying as of yet. We'll see how she looks tonight after work. I still have a bowl full I need to trim so I better get busy. I just stuck it in the rack last night because i was too tired to finish. Anxious to get a dry weight count because I think I finally past my 5.5 oz. per plant record. Whoo Hoo !!!

Well it's 24 hours later & the N.L. is still alive & kicking. Leaves aren't really drooping & it looks like she might be starting to put out more white hairs. I'll get some pics up this weekend. I need to get some regular white light on the Six Shooter anyways so I can tell what she looks like. Can't tell much with just the red lights on. To me it looks like all her branches are covered in snow. I'm 91 days in so far so she has to be close to finishing .... Don't she ?
Anyways, I took the N.L. scrappy stuff that has dried & rolled one up this morning. The shit is really good. First time I've had something that made me want to go back to bed in a long, long time. Just what I wanted since I have a terrible time sleeping more than 4 hours a night. Now if I can find one that gives me the munchies too .... LOL.

Ended up with almost 7.5 oz. dry on the N.L. Just started the AK 47 x Six Shooter & I think I'll get a little more from her.
Every time I think something good is happening with my plants it turns out to be not so good. I seen all those white hairs coming out on the tops & they looked like snowman heads. Thought whoo hoo the buds are fattening but not the case. It's actually caused by light stress & has little to no potency. Grow Weed Easy said to pay attention to the lower buds when this happens to determine when to harvest. It was ready so I started on her. Got a lot of work to do on her so "So Long for Now".

Well ended up with 8.5 oz on the AK 47 x Six Shooter. Haven't tried it yet. What I have left is in jars curing now.
The Haze XL looks like it will probably be done in the next 7 - 10 days. I think I'll get my usual 4.5 - 5.5 oz from her as she doesn't seem to be producing as much.
The N.L. x Critical 2.0 has gotten fairly large. She has a lot more bud sites than the Haze so I'm thinking somewhere between 6 - 8 oz. from her. I expect her to finish about a week after the Haze.
I can't say I'm thrilled with this grow. I made several mistakes that cost me in the end. But now I know what these lights, nutes & Coco will do & have enough knowledge to do it right next time.
Thanks to those who helped me along.
Not sure when I'll do my next grow after this as I have to take everything down & sell this house. Trying to find a Double Wide Manufactured Home on land so I can put up one of those sheds that look like little houses to turn into a grow house.
So it might be a while til I get going because I am not growing in a manufactured home. Just seems too dangerous to me.
I guess I'll have a few months to study growing more so I'll be around reading your stuff.

Looks like the Haze is getting close to the Finish Line. Buds aren't very big but about 50% Red & just covered in Frost. Looks like it will be really good & I'm not seeing any Hermie signs on my last 2 plants. Not sure, but it seems like my Sativa plants grow longer skinnier buds & the Indica's grow much fatter buds. My 1st grow with Sativa's as I'm not a big fan of them; but wanted to try them anyway. The Haze looks like my previous grows so I'll probably end up with about 4 - 5 oz.
The N.L. x Critical is getting pretty big & the buds on her are fattening up nicely. She probably has close to 2 more weeks to finish.

I'm heading to the dispensary. I got an email about something called Mary OG that is suppose to be 53.5% THC for $39 an 1/8th. I got to try this stuff. Got plenty of my own but I can't pass up something like that. Besides, I get a Free 1/8th today because it's BOGO day so I'll try the Serpentine OG also. May as well get a Snow Cap OG Pre Roll while I'm at it. I guess I like the OG stuff as anything with OG in it has been good so far.

GEDC5520.JPG
GEDC5522.JPG
GEDC5524.JPG

What is the wire tray? is it a food dehydrator?

Awesome grow btw!

Back
Top Bottom