Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

What is the wire tray? is it a food dehydrator?

Awesome grow btw!
It's a Bud Trimmer. You cut your buds off, throw them in there & put the lid on & give it a couple of hand cranks & your buds are trimmed. Then I throw them in a Net drying rack for about 3 days to dry & then into Mason Jars for Curing. The buds will taste Green until they sit in a jar for at least 2 weeks. At 4 weeks the stuff starts getting really tasty & more potent. By 8 weeks in the jar you have maxed out the flavor & potency. Once you put the stuff in jars you have to open the jars for a few minutes each day to let the moisture out & then close them back up.
Thanks for the compliment on the grow. I'm down to 1 plant now. I'll be posting about everything with a few pics on Sunday.

It's a Bud Trimmer. You cut your buds off, throw them in there & put the lid on & give it a couple of hand cranks & your buds are trimmed. Then I throw them in a Net drying rack for about 3 days to dry & then into Mason Jars for Curing. The buds will taste Green until they sit in a jar for at least 2 weeks. At 4 weeks the stuff starts getting really tasty & more potent. By 8 weeks in the jar you have maxed out the flavor & potency. Once you put the stuff in jars you have to open the jars for a few minutes each day to let the moisture out & then close them back up.
Thanks for the compliment on the grow. I'm down to 1 plant now. I'll be posting about everything with a few pics on Sunday.
Well sir, I would like to inform you that you have just contributed to the delinquency of a grown ass man with a credit card and an Amazon Prime account. You should be ashamed :ganjamon: ...on the plus side, it came with a drying rack and trim scissors:laughtwo: thanks for the tips, your last harvest looked awesome!

Well sir, I would like to inform you that you have just contributed to the delinquency of a grown ass man with a credit card and an Amazon Prime account. You should be ashamed :ganjamon: ...on the plus side, it came with a drying rack and trim scissors:laughtwo: thanks for the tips, your last harvest looked awesome!
Sure beats sticky fingers & cuts trim time down 75%.

Really? Where has this thing been all of my life?

Just a little smoke report. The HAZE turned out to be the best of everything so far. The N.L. & AK 47 X Six Shooter are kind of a disappointment. The stuff is only so - so. Not the greatest, Not the worst. The Critical 2.0 was pretty much a waste of time when it runted out. The little bit of smoke I got from it wasn't very good at all. Gives you a buzz but wears off really fast. The AK 47.... She looked like she was going to be bomb but not the case at all. Just another So - So high. So all in all none of the others were strong enough for me. But the Haze ... yeah; it's real good ! Smoked a joint right after it dried & knew the minute I lit it that it was going to be good. I was shocked that it tastes & smells so good without any curing. I've only pulled 3.5 oz. off it so far. Left the little stuff on the plant & it's still growing. I'll finish the chop on her this weekend.
I still have 1 plant left & she looks really good to me. It's the N.L. x Critical 2.0. Lots of bud on that girl & some big ass colas. The branches are falling over from the weight. It's the longest growing Auto I've ever seen. I'm 105 Days in on this girl. I'm trying to hold off til more of the lower buds are full of red hairs but not sure I'll be able to with all the weight on the branches. But until a branch breaks I'll keep pushing her. I'd like to get another week on her if possible ... maybe more if needed.
Anyway, I posted 1 of my P900 lights on Ebay to see if it sells. If it does I'll post the other 2 lights also. Looking to get the CXB 3590 Set Up for my next grow. I think I'll get a better / more even coverage area with them. Not that these lights are bad by any means. They did a great job.
I think the genetics played a big role in some of this stuff just being so - so. Everything grew so big & looked pretty darn good. My Temps & RH were plenty good all the way through & I used good nutes so it has to be genetics. Oh well, wont buy from that Seed Bank again. I don't have 4 months to waste on So - So weed so they aren't getting my business again.
Well that's it for now. See Ya !!!

Really? Where has this thing been all of my life?
I saw these things on amazon last winter and almost bought myself one for a Christmas present. If my current grow finishes as well as its grown in veg mode, I may need one too.

Yours looks like it's gone.

Some folks seem to be dumping old product on e-Bay. I'm seeing "8X 1000W Dual Chips Full Light Spectrum LED Plant Grow Light Veg Bloom Kits US" for $480.99 USD. They don't specify what the lights actually draw from the wall.

Got home from work tonight to find my 2 Big Ass Main Colas got too heavy for the branches. They snapped & broke a bunch of smaller branches under them. No choice but to harvest her now. I got a pretty good start on it but still have hours of work left to do. I had planned to post pics of the plant tomorrow but now it will just be the buds hanging to dry.

Haven't been on the forum lately. All my plants are done & ended up with close to 1.5 lbs. total. I left the base of the Haze in the pot & stuck it in the corner & I'll be damned if it isn't re-vegging. It has several new leaves & branches forming. I don't have time to grow it so I stuck it in the yard to see what happens. I may take it with me when I move in the next few weeks. The N.L. x Critical 2.0 got so big & heavy it fell over. I cut off all the top stuff & the bottom end is growing in my closet. Buds are getting bigger & more & more white hairs keep coming so I'm good with that.
Sold 1 of my P-900's, The Vipar Spectra, The Tent, Drain Pans & Drying Rack so far. Once I get moved I'll buy the 5' x 5' set up I mentioned before.
Hope all is well with everyone. I may not be around much for a while due to moving. Got a Home Inspection on Monday & should close somewhere around the middle of next month.

Haven't been on the forum lately. All my plants are done & ended up with close to 1.5 lbs. total. I left the base of the Haze in the pot & stuck it in the corner & I'll be damned if it isn't re-vegging. It has several new leaves & branches forming. I don't have time to grow it so I stuck it in the yard to see what happens. I may take it with me when I move in the next few weeks. The N.L. x Critical 2.0 got so big & heavy it fell over. I cut off all the top stuff & the bottom end is growing in my closet. Buds are getting bigger & more & more white hairs keep coming so I'm good with that.
Sold 1 of my P-900's, The Vipar Spectra, The Tent, Drain Pans & Drying Rack so far. Once I get moved I'll buy the 5' x 5' set up I mentioned before.
Hope all is well with everyone. I may not be around much for a while due to moving. Got a Home Inspection on Monday & should close somewhere around the middle of next month.
Yeah. I’ve been super distracted myself. Just posted an update.
good to hear you had a good season. Mine looks like it’s going to finish well too. Even though I didn’t try to work in 3 grows this year. Just 2 is all I could manage. But the first one did very well and it looks like my GSCs are going to finish nicely around the second week of November. Then I’m packing in my gear and hibernating for a while. I’ll still be advocating as an activist but I probably won’t grow any more until I run low on supply or prohibition ends altogether. I’m also actively looking at Oklahoma now for retirement. Drove up there again this last weekend looking at fishing camps on Lake Texoma.

Back
Top Bottom