Buds can be made PURPLE very simply

I just started using this purple maxx snow storm, on my already purple black domina, it has "turned purple" sooner than it usaually does, and I have been using some on a couple jack herer plants to see if it will turn the green strain purple....not so far in the 4th week of budding with the jack....but the resin production seems to be more. I would like any more info that anyone may have......thanks.

I dont have a grow to compare to, But I foliar sprayed purple maxx on my Grand daddy, and it is VERY frosty and deep purple..

tmpphpHzyRrA.jpg

tmpphp8SZMxq.jpg

tmpphpQ1WrDo.jpg

Ok. So my 2 cents on the situation comes down to this. Purple is genetic, its either in the strains genes or not. If you do get purple in your plants, more then likely its at the ladder stages of flowering. Its ussually signs of a definecy if the color is not genetic. GDP, Purps, P. Urkle and all those other Purple strains more then likely have them in their genetics. Now lowering the temps at night late flowering will induce some colors, but its inducing them at the cost of creating a defeciency. If thats cool with you then have at it, if not then let nature take its course. Purple flowers dont mean its potent. Look at the Purple Power, its been around for years and looks great. But companies have been discontinueing it left and right due to the low THC content. And for a grower who has experience with that strain, it can get potent just not somthing thats going to lay you out. So purple or not, if its not genetic morte then likely its a defiency being caused by temps. If i am wrong please clearify, but as long as I've been around canna these are scientificly proven facts.:goodluck:

You selling this stuff or what? This is the second post like this. Almost identical even. Purple color means nothing. Really! It means nothing! It looks cool but in reality means nothing towards quality or taste.

So true all purple means in your buds color is the end of flowering was to cold for proper uptake up phosphorous I believe it is. But if you like purple and have an air conditioned grow room lower dark temps to around 55 for the last 2 weeks and you will have loads of purple buds.

I thought this thread was dead and buried, lol.

I've GOT to move to your neighborhood.

I've read that several of the purple strains were lacking in taste. I don't know, the only purples I've encountered were from cool temps toward the end of harvest (not purple strains) and once, due to nutrient deficiency/lockout.

The idea of dispensaries being concerned with bag appeal just seems wrong to me. They're medical dispensaries (well, they're supposed to be). Children's vitamins are sometimes purple - and look like cartoon characters, too. Oddly, adult vitamins seem to focus on their medicinal(?) content.
I have to disagree to apoint about potency being the most important as personally for anxiety I find flavour and aroma to be a key factor in dealing of course color doesnt matter at all unless its from plants that turn those colors because of genetics like purple pineberry as those strains with exotic colors due to genetic generally have some rather exotic flavor and aroma so how it looks in a bag can allow you to tell if a strain listed as black domina for example is what your actually buying as it has a very unique appearance. I could see a product that adds color safely to a plant without effecting its natural potency ,flavour and armoa as usefull for identifying your buds by color. Would be cool if they had a variety of colors it would make it so much easier keeping buds in the right pile when the scissor hash breaks become a bit to long.

All i wanted to know was , if anybody has tryed this product.Not what Purple color means. Plus it dose mean something, purple color here in cali. means $$$$$$
Hmmm.... I could take green average bud, spray purple food coloring on them, and sell them to you for BIG bucks?

Sign me up.....:goodluck:

All Im trying to do is help people produce what they want. I have nothing to do with the company that makes Purple Max. I know that purple is just for the eyes but TRICHOMES arn't. Peace my friends I just want to share my knowledge. thank you

Okay maybe it does produce more trichromes but unless this product is going to genetically alter your plant to produce more thc you may have more trichromes but overall the amount of thc produced by any given plant is determined by genetics before it even pops from the ground.

So while this product may produce more trichromes in my opinion it will just mean that the amount of thc that the plant would have produced without this product will now be spread out over a larger amount of trichromes, not increasing potency but actually evening out its distribution over the plant.

For example when I have allowed my plants to just grow without training so they grow one huge main cola with very little branching I will get colas 20-30" long but I have found the top 10" to be more potent then the middle and so on I think with a product like this if it really does generate a far larger dusting of trichomes it will help to make lower buds more consistent in potency with top buds.

So overall from what you have said about this product if it does always do what you have said it does it would actually have a use in a medicinal garden to help ensure a more consistent potency of the entire plant and possibly help to remove the need to seperate your meds into jars of top ,mids and lowers especially in a SCroG garden when the buds are usually more consistent in strength anyways.

For example when I have allowed my plants to just grow without training so they grow one huge main cola with very little branching I will get colas 20-30" long but I have found the top 10" to be more potent then the middle and so on

Because the top 10" is closer to the light?

:rofl:

Because the top 10" is closer to the light?

I really dont know why but it just seems as though the very top has more trichromes there so if I could produce a more even distribution of trichromes over the entire plant then It would have a more consistent potency. So I think if this product also helps increase trichrome production then more thc would be distributed throughout the plant instead of how it seems that it concentrates at the top. But it also could be a property of growing indoors as the penetration of a artificial light is nowhere what sunlight can do I have noticed that my outdoor plants not only are bigger but there is less scragly immature bud at the bottom as when I grow indoors not a very huge difference but a difference nonetheless.

in the northeast it gets cold, and when that fresh air came down on a section, they turned purple, so there's no doubting the cold air works. maybe I fell for the looks, but the purple ones had a better high.

Back
Top Bottom