Buds have funky odor

GroKind

Hey y'all. Cut my plant a couple weeks ago and is now hanging upside down. The buds have a unusual odor to them:hmmmm:. Smells like a mixture of cat piss & neam oil. I'm thinking that it may be the neam oil that I sprayed it with way back in the veg stage that is now coming through the buds. I flushed the soil with plain water the last 4 times before I harvested the plant. Should I toss the bud or can something be done? Thanks for any and all suggestions.:peace:

I trimed roughly 1/2 and put in a jar a few days ago and left the other half hanging just to see if it would make any difference. I will trim the rest this weekend when I've time. I've been leaving the lid off the jar 2 to 4 hours a day,the odor might have gotten weaker though...not much.
I'm practicing with bagseed...so its no great loss, other than time. The strange thing is, that the plant never had much of an odor at all. The buds looked great though. This would have been my first smoke that I've grew myself, so I'm bummed about it.

I was gonna let it lay
But y'all know I can't do that.

We use them in boats when you seal
'em up for the winter, up north.
On boats that sit alot(don't get used much) too, in any climate,
cuts down mildew/mold.

Plastic bowl you take the lid off and set inside before ya' seal the boat up.
Sucks all the moisture out of the air and keeps it in the bowl.
just not sure how that relates to dryin' weed :cheesygrinsmiley:

how do DAMPRID products work?
They come on Closet Hangers.. There is also a Box that sits on the floor.. There was a Plug in Model.. They are some weird absorbant crystals that suck moisture right out of the air. Under 20 Bucks.. Prevents mold in the Dry/Cure room.

Type Damprid in any search engine.

Hey y'all. Cut my plant a couple weeks ago and is now hanging upside down. The buds have a unusual odor to them:hmmmm:. Smells like a mixture of cat piss & neam oil. I'm thinking that it may be the neam oil that I sprayed it with way back in the veg stage that is now coming through the buds. I flushed the soil with plain water the last 4 times before I harvested the plant. Should I toss the bud or can something be done? Thanks for any and all suggestions.:peace:
Neem sucks for that reason.. But, the Pests hate it.. I think you used it too late and didnt wash it off .

Thanks for all the replies, server been down for a few days, so I haven't been able to reply. Yesterday I trimmed the remaining half of bud from plant and noticed the smell was not as strong..I put the remaining bud in a jar to cure. I will continue to remove the lids for a few hours a day. Hopefully the smell will continue to disipate. Once again, thanks for all the help:peace:

Note to self: make sure neam oil is washed from plant

Back
Top Bottom