BudsNBerners Serious 6 & Strawberry-Akeil

BudsNBerners

420 Member
Hey guys been lurking for a bit here and finally felt it necessary to pull the trigger on a grow journal. My first grow is just starting to finish up, but I am trying to do the perpetual thing so I am starting some seeds now. I am very new to this, but growing was always something I wanted to try and after a few months I am totally obsessed.

So here we go. I have 2 strains I am working with, one is Serious Seeds Serious 6 and the other is Serious Seeds Strawberry-Akeil, they are both mostly sativas.

Germination/Clone Tent:
T5 lights on an 18/6 timer
I started one seed a week ago which has already poked out, I am waiting on the strawberry to pop out

Plan:
I have been messing with a single DWC bucket but so far enjoy soil a bit more, seems more beginner friendly.
Seeds are germinating in FF Happy Frog
Would like to transplant into FFOF in 1 or 2 Gal pots once they are a bit more established
Will move to a final 5gal pot of FFOF a couple weeks before flower

Nutes:
Still up in the air, honestly I have learned less is more for me right now so I am hoping with the transplants into FFOF twice I will not really need many nutes in veg. I think this can work for the seeds, still working on a plan for clones (you can see 2 purple kush clones sitting in the cloner in my tent)
Still thinking about what nutes to use in flower, so many options out there

Tents:
Clone tent is pretty small as you can see it has a light fixture with 2 t5 bulbs in it
I have a separate veg tent which I will move them to I have an old mars hydro pulling 160ish from the wall and a HLG 65w
finally I will flower in a 4x4, have a china brand light I got off amazon that pulls 400 and a brand new BudgetLED Series 3 250w bringing me to 650w from the wall

Overall I think working on documenting what happens and what works (or doesn't) has been one of my bigger downfalls of the process. Hoping that the journal will allow me to better document but also helps to have some eyes on it. So here we go, serious 6 planted on 11/19 poked out 11/24 and today (11/25) I decided to add one more to the mix so hopefully the strawberry-Akeil will be poking her head out in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 22
You might want to take a look at The Mega Crop Thread.

It's good for all mediums, and is a one part dry nutrient system good from seed to harvest. It just happens to be very cost effective as well. It's costing me less than just one of the components of the system I previously used.

As you have chosen to grow in soil you might be interested in these threads. You'll find lots of good information for soil growing in Emilya's current journal. Her paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for soil growing.

Back
Top Bottom