Budsyezbuds's First CFL Indoor Grow!

Everything is going well. Woke up this morning to find that I can see it beginning to get frosty near the bud sites which gets me very excited. Also noticed more pistils and little to no stretching. I think it is finally starting to focus on bud production. The temps are steady at around 77 - 80 degress f with the humidity lowered from 60% to around 47 -50%. Nutes were fed on the 7th and the next feeding will be simply water. The beginning of Week 4 for champion will be Monday.

Week 5

Everything is coming along nicely and starting to actually looking like the finished product. I have been having a problem of too many leaves getting yellowing and dying. Yesterday I gave champion a bit more nitrogen to help with that, I hope it works. I also noticed some of the pistils beginning to turn amber on the tallest buds and im not sure if thats natural or what. The smell is getting stronger but not too strong. All around this is a nice plant to grow but I only care about how the smoke is of course. I will keep it in flowering for about 3 more weeks then I will harvest. Im still waiting on my 60x magnifier so the trichome's look will be a factor also in when I harvest.

Thanks for reading

Today is the end of week 5.

Tomorrow will mark Week 6 of flowering.

Champion is doing quite nice and amazing! The smell is soooooo good that I cant wait until I can sample this wonderful plant. The trichomes are looking like its 60% cloudy and 40% clear and I see very few amber ones so I think its right on schedule. It is looking like it will be ready in 2 weeks which means this week will be the last week I feed nutes. I will give it 1/2 strength then 1/4 strength on the last watering for the week. Next week I will feed it one molasses mix for the first watering of the week then plain water until I harvest. I accidentally dropped my cleaning rag on the bud and the smell was very very skunky/piney and lovely. I bought another stand up light to try to get more of the bottom and side of the buds for the last two weeks. I hope that works out well.

Well here are some pics.

20141026_143254.jpg

Nice Top view

20141026_143416.jpg

20141026_143454.jpg

20141026_143510.jpg

20141026_143633.jpg

20141026_143637.jpg

20141026_143648.jpg

20141026_143702.jpg

20141026_143711.jpg

Champion...sole survivor of my first grow experiment.

Thank for reading.

Yes I know, I don't know if i can resist a sample smoke the day I harvest via microwave. It would be a little small popcorn bud but it would be something. I also have my Barney's L.S.D in the middle of flowering also and cant wait for that. The super lemon haze is not looking too well as it has a reverse taco going on in its top leaves. Anyway just two more weeks and I will have my own bud.:thumb::tokin::joint:

Week 7
Flush Week (Day 42 flowering)

Well...this is it. The final week for Champion. This has been a long long journey but im happy I didnt give up and that im finally at the end.

Champion is doing just fine right now as she is on cruise control at this point and just naturally dying. Most of her leaves are yellow and dying and she is very top heavy now. I thought earlier this week I would need 2 more weeks but after looking at the trichomes today I see 70% cloudy, 20% clear and 10% amber. This led me to figure with just 1 more week she will be just right and i can chop her down and begin the drying process. Next post will be of the chop and final smoke report. Thank you Antics for the continued support, I had more lurkers than supporters which sucks but maybe it will be different next time.

Thanks for reading.

Not giving up has a lot of rewards. Knowledge, Experience, and of course, a nice harvest.

Make sure if any branches are really heavy, that you support them. With about 1 week left you don't want to snap a branch!

Are you checking trichomes on the buds instead of leaves? That's the most accurate way I've seen, a lot of times the trichomes on the leaves mature faster than on the buds.

And sorry if I repeated anything, I'm subbed to a ton of journals and topics, so I feel like a broken record some days, and can't always remember who I told what to lol.

Sometimes it'll help get your journal more posters by posting in other people's journals, asking questions about their grow, techniques, and whatever else you want to know. The growers here are all very proud of their work, and are always happy to share their experience and knowledge with other growers.

We're all in this together brother :thumb:

Yes I am checking the actual buds as I saw you talk about that with someone on another thread. Im spotting more amber on the buds than I thought I would, Its almost finished up. I think im done giving water to champion completely until the chop in a few days, as the soil is still moist from the last feeding. This morning I took the smallest nug off the plant for a testing and I have it drying now. Im going to smoke it Thursday or Friday as it should be done drying by then.

20141104_070843.jpg

Im ready!!

Week 7
Preharvest:party:

Well ...this is the last post before I give my final harvest and smoke report. I decided that im going to chop Champion tomorrow morning before the lights come on for the other plants. My reason for chopping a few days early is that I need the space for my Super Lemon Haze and LSD. I didnt yield that much because I had too many plants for the amount of lights I had. From now on im growing 2 plants max at a time. My next grow is going to be at my new house I move to and will be Pineapple Chunk and Lemon Kush im also getting some super og for free for voting. Im still high right now from trying a sample from champion, im feeling pretty good right now. In my final report I will give a list of thing i would have done different. I learned so much from this one attempt and now I feel like I can double my yield on my next grow.

Right now Champion is very thirsty as she is going on 5 days now without water and I taste no chemicals with the sample so no need to do a last flush. Tonight the lights will go out a bit early then tomorrow morning I will cut. It feels sad seeing something you have cared for come to the end of its life but I thank the plant everyday and toke in remembrance :blunt:

Slh is the one im watching close now. I cant wait to taste it.

Here are some final pictures of Champion in her last days. I did not yield much but I met my goal which was to grow my own personal weed that is quality and not have to buy it. Now I can spend the money for weed on tasty food, and grow supplies. My microwaved sample was smoother than anything I ever bought in my little town.

20141105_161517.jpg

20141105_161514.jpg

20141105_161458.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Nice looking plants you got there :)

Hey thanks. I checked out your grow and things are looking good!

Harvest Day...

So I woke up early this morning before the lights came on and took Champion out of the grow tent. I think I did good with drying her out before i harvested because the bottom of the stalk i was trying to cut was like wood so i had to move up to cut.

My wet weight was around 36g which is enough for only me until my other plants are done. Harvest day is bitter/sweet and i think all growers know that. I am going to dry for 3 days then began to cure.

20141106_060543.jpg

20141106_055518.jpg

Not much but its an expected result as I was just trying to grow enough for me and learn along the way. Next time I will have at least an ounce.

Looking Back..
Some things I would have done different is:

1. Not use those silly peat cups
2. Use a humidifier from the start
3. Defoliate a bit more
4. Flush more often throughout the grow.
5. Use more CFL lights
6. Buy and use a moisture meter

Smoke report::blunt:

The smoke is very familiar and i think i remember which bag this seed came from. I pulled off the lowest least potent nug, let it dry for a few days, microwaved it for a bit to finish the drying process then i ground it up and put it in my bowl. The smoke is amazing, a min after my first toke i began to feel high and that lasted for about an hour then the stoned feeling came and lasted for about 3 hours. The sleepyness onset towards the end, I was fighting heavy eyes and had to take a quick nap. Champion had me wanting to go to bed at 8:30! I can only imagine with a proper dry and cure how this strain will be.

This journal was created for the purpose of recording my first experience and to help any aspiring CFL growers.

:thanks:This is the last post and a final farewell. Thanks for reading and following along. Puff tough.:peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom