Budtheory - 1st Grow - Hempy - Various Strains

OK! WE'RE WAITING! (fingers drumming in the background). oh, yeah, u might wanna' put some med tape on u're fingers before u start manicuring. u can get blisters from those scisors! LOL! makes for painful pipe loading or rolling......OK, I'M JUST SCREWING W/U NOW! LOL! LOL!

UPDATE:

OK, wife is out of town with the nice camera...so sorry for the res of some of these pics.

Long story short I harvested the bt mother. 72 hrs of cold and dark.
IMGP2191.jpg

Right before harvesting
IMGP2193.jpg

I got many colas....biggest was 96 grams....several in the 70 gram range, 60 gram range...and 8 or so in the 20-30 gram range.

The one was 67 grams
IMGP2194.jpg

I trimmed everything right at harvest. An old timer I know does this and he said it makes it and curing easier. I agree,

I got 4 hangers like this
IMGP2196.jpg

However....I think I should have gone another 1-2 weeks. The top of colas were 2-5% amber trichs...but lower buds were immature. So, I either should have let it go longer or trimmer her back more extreme to get light to the lower levels.

I could have had better results. Anything that did not look like I top notch nug that I would want to buy, go thrown instead into the bubble hash and butter pile. I hate to say it...but alot...ALOT of bud fit this category. At least half the plant. And since I stessed the sh*t out of her I did not want to put her back into the flowering room and risk seeding all other plants.

Still, I got this hash....and some seriously potent butter.
IMGP2198.jpg

I am water extracting the butter 3 times to get all plant matter out of her.

Pn a side note...I cleared a bunch of space...so new plants went into flowering.

Also...the SDxMK plants seems to want to hermi. She only seeds a pod or two on each of her buds,,,,but hasn;t seeded any other plants in the room. This seems weird, She is soo resin coated I am keeping her for now but might ditch the strain and plant if I can not get her stable. But no joke...she has more crystals than any other plant in the room.

Would breeding her make the result less likely to hermi if what I bred her into is super stable?

Also, how is it she has a seed or two, but she hasn;t pollenated any of the other plants near her...nor do I see male flowers?????????

can't wait to see the weight after drying. really nice 1st grow. hope it cures out to u're liking. ya' know, the longer u cure it the smoother it gets. keep us informed.

rainbow.jpg

I'm glad I found your journa.l I just met this same guy and got a couple of clones of Rainbow. I was wondering how they would do in Hempy. Looks like they will do just fine.

The rest of your grow looks great as well.

Budtheory,
I'm using the Cutting Edge Solutions on my current grow. Although I am just using their Micro, Grow and Bloom mix and using Cal/Mag Plus, Hydroplex, Sweet, Silica Blast and Liquid Karma.

I am planning on going with CES's full line on my next grow replacing the Cal/Mag Plus with their Cal Amp and Mag Amp and then using their Uncle John's Blend to replace the Hydroplex and Sweet.

My questions are:
Did you use any other supplements than CES?
What was your driving factor to go with CES over other nute companies?
Do you plan on continuing the use of CES?

I am on my 3rd grow with CES, it is the only system I have tried and am happy withmy results so far, but want to make sure that I am not missing out on something that may deliver better results. There isn't a lot of information on their product line here, but tons of A/N DM and others, so I am looking for feedback (either positive or negative, I am not attached to using any particular brand).

Cheers,
Steve

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom