Budworshipper's CFL Auto Flowering Small Cabinet Journal

Thankyou BB.... The Thc is spreading on buds nicely.

Welcome and thankyou GG.

It is mighty stealthy.. The filter does a great job. By only having the filter as my source of air movement, i have negative pressure in the cabinet.. No smells leak at all. Only when i open doors can i smell anything. The low level heat provided by the CFL keeps it down too..

:Namaste:

I'm going into the grow game very very soon and just putting the finishing touches to my cab. I am struggling with an air inlet. Just wondered if you have one or not with you saying you have neg pressure. I wouldn't have thought the air exchange rate would be enough.

Hi there and welcome to my journal and :420:

How big is your cabinet ?... How big is your filter ??

I had no actual vent hole or intake port on my cabinet.. Other than the filter pipes exit.I totally relied on air being sucked thru the gaps on the doors.. With no forced air into the cabinet and only have it being drawn in causes the negative pressure....

In my scale cabinet it was more than enuf... I had to be consider stealth at all times...

If using wood for a cabinet, you can add a port or vent basically anywhere... This will increase air draw into ya cabinet... Still maintaining a negative pressure... As long as your fan keeps running, you have fresh air..

If your cabinets big enuf for a powerful fan n filter combo, you could blow air into your cabinet with another fan set up... As long as the input fan is blowing less than your filter set up is drawing, any smells should go thru ya filter..

The principle stays the same basically...

If stealth is not a major concern on your grow you can have fans circulating air in ya cabinet too...

All depends on the size really....

Best of luck with ya scary first grow

:high-five:

Hi there...im being dim today... Is that feet or metres ??... I think its feet....:joint::joint::laugh::laugh:

If it is feet and ya cabinet is totally sealed, then i would suggest an air vent low down, to allow fresh air in... This will then be moved around by ya 4" fan.... Then drawn out thru ya filter... Thats what i would do anyway, for stealth purposes..

What strains are you thinking of, coz some just stink... Which is great when you smoke it, but advertises its presence to the world when growing.... I highly recommend Nirvanas blue mystic for a stealth grow, where smell is needed to be low...

Heavyweights green ninja is meant to be low odour too...

Auto or fem ??....

Glad i can help, we all started off novices... The learning curve is steep at first, but so worth it !!!

:peace:

Cheers buddy, smell not an issue for me as it's my own house and I smoke regularly,( it's stealth to please the wife as she worries weren't not legal being in the UK) but I am running a small 4"in-line fan with carbon filter. It is measured in feet. gonna put a 3" inlet hole with homemade light trap on outside. Thanks for your input. Didn't realise this was a finished thread as I was reading through. Big kudos to you

DSC_000872.JPG

My cab is coming along nicely. Will be ready in a few weeks, few more bits to get yet

DSC_000872.JPG

My cab is coming along nicely. Will be ready in a few weeks, few more bits to get yet

Cool.... You got the same filter as me by the looks if it. :high-five:

The vent and light trap will do just nicely !!!!

I think your gonna need to use some low stress training on ya girls, to keep em under control and stop em growing into the light.. I had that problem first time round.... If i was to do it
Again i would go feminised, short veg period, tie em down then go for 12/12 flowering...

You can LST an auto, i did it.... Plant was growing nicely, went away for a weekend... Came back to a monster, those autos can sure grow quick :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Yes mate, i have completed a rather troublesome fem grow.... In fact, smokin up the last of her right now...

If you wanna see where i got my LST ideas from, pop over to " monos " journal, using the link on his posts... You will see what can be acheived thru doing it....

Like my last girl, she was kept short thru LST and short veg period... There are other methods too...

Thanks for the tips BW. I've been researching for about a year or so, reading thread after thread on last to prep me ready. My girls will be coming in the form of afghan and pineapple chunk clones from a very good friend. Can't wait to get ggoing. I think with all the reading I've done and the many nice people her on 420, i should be OK. Still scary tho like you say. Keep an eye out for the journal coming soon...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Congrats on starting your first grow. I started my first at the beginning of November. Good luck!!! I'm gonna join you for your first grow if you don't mind. :welcome:

sorry didn't realize you started this in 2013 just looked at the nov 22 LOL but I'm still gonna read through it and see what you did.

Canopy shots today.... Im sure there is a difference already

image16032.jpg
image16033.jpg
image16034.jpg

Definatly a lighter green to top buds...
Here’s one for photo of the month !
Still time to enter !
At the bottom of my post I have the link for 420 contest check them out !

Back
Top Bottom