Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Thanks for the shout out @Ganjagrandaddy I hope you've been well!

Hiya Buds, good to see you on another new venture. Stay well and be safe.
Doing good buddy. been a while but still following the Mc path. another baby on way in July and had a great perpetual run of autos, been a busy bee.lol be well.mate

OK, just doing a quick update on the Do-Si-Dos as I'm in the middle of a harvest right now. Right now I'm keeping the new Mars Hydro FC-E3000 at about 24" & at 70% brightness to try to keep some tight node spacing on the lower 4 branches. Hope I'm right, as my thought is.... if I keep the node spacing tight I should be able to keep my net a little lower. Ordered some plant clips to fasten the branches to the net so I don't have to use ties. Hope the 1/2" ones work as that's what I ordered.
Here's a few pics.
84)  5-3-21.JPG
85)  5-3-21.JPG
86)  5-3-21.JPG
87)  5-3-21.JPG

Looking good @Buds Buddy

Let that stem stretch, it make it easier to work on once the net is placed.

My scrog net is normally set 9 to 12 inches above the top of the bucket.

Will you be weaving her thought as you go, or (lst) smash her down and start weaving?

Tok..
Not really sure yet. I guess it depends on growth rate. I'm guessing I can't really start SCROG until I'm in the Final Pot.
So I may have to start with LST if they start getting big. Is it necessary to weave through the net or can I just use plant clips to hold the branches to the net ? My thought was to keep all the main branches under the net & clip them to the net until the tent is full. Then flip & grow upward. 1st time so if this wont work please let me know. Thanks !

Not really sure yet. I guess it depends on growth rate. I'm guessing I can't really start SCROG until I'm in the Final Pot.
So I may have to start with LST if they start getting big. Is it necessary to weave through the net or can I just use plant clips to hold the branches to the net ? My thought was to keep all the main branches under the net & clip them to the net until the tent is full. Then flip & grow upward. 1st time so if this wont work please let me know. Thanks !
You will see... if you get in there daily and tuck them under the net, there will be no need to clip them. This is why smaller holes work better than larger 4" holes too... it is easier to keep everything horizontal. With the larger holes sometimes you have to wait a couple of days for the growth tip to get long enough to be able to tuck.

@Buds Buddy everyone does it a little different and @Emilya is spot on with hole size, I use 3 inch holes.

If you click the link for my journal you will see how I do it in late veg before I make the switch to flower.

Others may disagree with this way, but it works very well for me.

Tok..

@Buds Buddy everyone does it a little different and @Emilya is spot on with hole size, I use 3 inch holes.

If you click the link for my journal you will see how I do it in late veg before I make the switch to flower.

Others may disagree with this way, but it works very well for me.

Tok..
I'll check that out. Thanks.

Hey guys, anyone make bubble hash before ? I'm down to 2 plants to harvest so in the next 2 weeks I want to make some. I've asked this question several times, but still no answer to it. Do you decarb the trim & buds before making hash ? It will be my 1st attempt so don't want to miss something like that if it needs to be done. I'm thinking of using the dry ice method.

Some folks just stick a big wooden spoon in a drill!

paint mixer works. either the wooden kind you use by hand. or the metal one that goes on a drill.

If you use the pollen press to make small pucks while you have the squeeze on it you need to add a little heat to it to make it stick together, then its even hard to keep it from crumbling. Once you spoon it out of your bags you will need to let it dry for about 4 to 5 days, i use a shoe box for this with a lid so you don't have hair and floating particles stuck to it. The blondest hash that comes out of the bags is the best ( full melt ) usually in the 45 to the 90 micron,somtimes the 120 lot depends on the strain. Good smoke and a nice change.

You will see... if you get in there daily and tuck them under the net, there will be no need to clip them. This is why smaller holes work better than larger 4" holes too... it is easier to keep everything horizontal. With the larger holes sometimes you have to wait a couple of days for the growth tip to get long enough to be able to tuck.
was about to post similar Godess. lol .So like a good scrog.

Been pretty busy with the harvest lately so haven't had a chance to update. I'll do that now. So 2 days ago (5-5-21) I up-potted. While doing so I noticed some very tiny white winged critters crawling on top the soil. But nothing on the plant.
I used a brand new unopened bag of FFOF for this grow; so I'm sure there's gnat larvae in the soil. There are no flyers yet as they are tiny. So I mixed 1 qt. of 3% Peroxide in a gal. of water & poured it through last night to kill the larvae. Also, added a sticky trap just to see if I catch anything.
Here are the pics from 5-5-21.

88)  5-5-21.JPG
89)  5-5-21.JPG
90)  5-5-21.JPG

She seems much happier since the up-pot. Growth started taking off immediately.

91)  5-7-21.JPG
92)  5-7-21.JPG
93)  5-7-21.JPG
94)  5-7-21.JPG
95)  5-7-21.JPG

I did check the nets & they are the 3" holes. Making a PVC frame for it this week. How high above the 1st net do you put the 2nd net ?
The 1st net is the scrog ideally so this one is the workhorse that thr threading happens in. The second net would be more of a stability guide for the uprising buds forming As for the height of the 2nd net , it will depend on the 1st one . Once the first level is decided on and ready to flip , the initial vertical stretch will show which buds will be in the canopy and need the support. Flipping was my time to allow the vertical growth to happen and I flipped once the scrog net was filled from stem to edge.

Back
Top Bottom