Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

OK you knowledgeable SCROGGERS; I have a question. Is there any reason I can't put the plant in the center of the tent & quad-line the branches. I drew a diagram of what I mean. Sorry it's not the best.... I'm not an artist.
I figure the bottom 2 nodes will grow up to the top & out last so spread them toward the short sides of the net. The 2 Top nodes to the 4 corners of the net. Gives me 8 branches spread out like this.

grow.jpeg

Any reason this wont work ? LMK.... Thanks !

OK you knowledgeable SCROGGERS; I have a question. Is there any reason I can't put the plant in the center of the tent & quad-line the branches. I drew a diagram of what I mean. Sorry it's not the best.... I'm not an artist.
I figure the bottom 2 nodes will grow up to the top & out last so spread them toward the short sides of the net. The 2 Top nodes to the 4 corners of the net. Gives me 8 branches spread out like this.

grow.jpeg

Any reason this wont work ? LMK.... Thanks !
Looks better then anything i could draw lol. Imo it would definitely work

It'll work but I am pretty sure will take longer than simply bending it over.
You bend it over and you keep the original top and every 1/2" to an inch of growth you get two more growth tips and you can just keep going until its full.
I see what you're saying & that does make sense.... But, Already Topped it a week ago. Branches are all growing out. Top branches are about 2" long now. I noticed this plant has some fairly Rigid Branches so it may not bend so well.

Great setup inside that tent Buds. I couldn't help but notice there were no duct openings on the back wall ;). Seriously though, great job. Brother Krip has some experience with SCROGGING, maybe he if sees the tag he can chime in.
Haven't came across anything by him; but I'm open to all advice & tips for sure. Yes, the Back wall on this tent is weird compared to all the others. It does seem to be good quality. Now if they just add those Duct Holes & Double Rectangle Doors they'd probably be a Best Seller.
I started 6 seeds this morning to go in that tent. 2 Cherry on Top (my favorite... so far), 1 White Widow, 1 SFV Kush, 1 Wedding Cake & a Souvenir Seed - Aurora Indica - from Nirvana Seeds. First grow of Wedding Cake & Aurora Indica so not sure of how good those 2 are. But the other 3 strains I've grown & liked so had to get them in there.
I've got a few pics to post later today.
I think I may be getting close to the SCROG Net part. Not really sure. I'm guessing another week or two. Branches must be over 3" long to pass a square in the SCROG Net so I'm basing it on that.

High All. I think the lil' lady is 29 today. She's turning out to be a bushy, rigid gal. Hope she SCROGS OK. I've only fed MC at 1 gr. per gal. up till now. Used up that gal. this morning so going to 2 gr. per gal next feeding. Since her branches are kind of rigid I'm going to start some minor LST on her tomorrow to get the branches flowing in the right directions.
Going to Home Depot to get some of those metal hooks you push in the soil to hold the branches down.

I'm also starting the 6 plants that go in the 5 x 5 tent in here for a few days. Waiting on a couple things I ordered for the 5 x 5 before these 6 go in it.

11-104.JPG
11-105.JPG
11-106.JPG
11-107.JPG
11-108.JPG
These are the plants I'm starting : 1 - WW Fem. / 1 - Aurora Indica Fem. / 1 - Wedding Cake Reg. / 1 - SFV Kush Reg. / 2 - Cherry on Top - Bag Seeds.

12-16.JPG
12-17.JPG
12-18.JPG

I've always started seeds in Solo Cups so I guess I'm experimenting again. Started these 6 in 1 gal. pots.

High All. I think the lil' lady is 29 today. She's turning out to be a bushy, rigid gal. Hope she SCROGS OK. I've only fed MC at 1 gr. per gal. up till now. Used up that gal. this morning so going to 2 gr. per gal next feeding. Since her branches are kind of rigid I'm going to start some minor LST on her tomorrow to get the branches flowing in the right directions.
Going to Home Depot to get some of those metal hooks you push in the soil to hold the branches down.

I'm also starting the 6 plants that go in the 5 x 5 tent in here for a few days. Waiting on a couple things I ordered for the 5 x 5 before these 6 go in it.

11-104.JPG
11-105.JPG
11-106.JPG
11-107.JPG
11-108.JPG
These are the plants I'm starting : 1 - WW Fem. / 1 - Aurora Indica Fem. / 1 - Wedding Cake Reg. / 1 - SFV Kush Reg. / 2 - Cherry on Top - Bag Seeds.

12-16.JPG
12-17.JPG
12-18.JPG

I've always started seeds in Solo Cups so I guess I'm experimenting again. Started these 6 in 1 gal. pots.
Looks like another great grow getting ready to go.
How much more do you have to do before their tent is ready?
Otherwise that Di-Si-Do is going to take over.:laugh:
Bill

Just waiting on a New Exhaust Filter & Cooling / Humidity Controller. This Saturn 4 doesn't work the way I thought it did.
Does fine for the Humidifier as it turns off at 65% like I set it for. But the fan works the opposite of what I need it to do.
I only want the fan to kick on at 80 F. Right now it runs till it hits 80 & then shuts off (Backwards). Should have the stuff by the weekend & the 6 plants will go in the 5 x 5.

Just waiting on a New Exhaust Filter & Cooling / Humidity Controller. This Saturn 4 doesn't work the way I thought it did.
Does fine for the Humidifier as it turns off at 65% like I set it for. But the fan works the opposite of what I need it to do.
I only want the fan to kick on at 80 F. Right now it runs till it hits 80 & then shuts off (Backwards). Should have the stuff by the weekend & the 6 plants will go in the 5 x 5.
That fan must would drive me crazy. HeHe good thing you knew what it was doing.
Bill

Got my 1st taste of Making Hash; but haven't got to taste the Hash..... yet ! Nothing to brag about on the yield. Used 1.5 oz. of Trim & 1.5 oz. of popcorn bud. Got 16.1 gr. that I blocked up to dry & saved enough crumbled stuff to smoke a bowl today & try it.
I did the 2 bucket method. Bucket #1 with the 225 Micron Bag got filled with 2 gallons of water I kept in the fridge for 3 days & then added 1.5 oz. of Trim & filled bucket almost to the top with ice. Let that sit 15 minutes, stirred 15 minutes, sat 15 minutes, stirred 15 minutes & then drained the bag leaving the water in the bucket.
In Bucket #2 I put the 25 Micron Bag in 1st & then the 73 Micron. Then slowly poured the water from Bucket 1 into Bucket 2. Drained each bag separately & used a Plastic Spoon to scoop up the Hash.
I put this trim aside after 1 wash.
2nd Run I ran the 1.5 oz. of Popcorn Bud. Same Process.
3rd Run I mixed the Trim from Run 1 with the Bud from run 2 And ran the process again.
4th Run I added the Stems to the Mix. I did not use the 25 Micron Bag on this run as it was still draining from the previous wash.
The weed was pretty much Baseline / Bottom Tier quality. Gives you a good buzz for 30 minutes & then it's gone. So hopefully this improves it somewhat. I'll soon find out. Weed isn't worth smoking to me so not worried about what I get back out of it; if I can turn it into something better.

11-109.JPG
11-110.JPG
11-111.JPG
11-112.JPG
11-113.JPG

11-114.JPG
11-115.JPG
11-116.JPG
11-117.JPG

Later today I'll do some Butter & Coconut Oil to make me some Brownies to eat when I get the Munchies from the Hash.... LOL.

Hey all, Do I need to decarb for butter or oil ? I decarbed last time I did butter; but was told not to because the heated Butter or Oil decarbs it. I want to make this today so I can do Brownies tonight. LMK which way to go. Thanks !
If you have a link for it please post it.

The butter machine recommends decarb before putting the product into their machine for infusion. Yes, you do need to decarb. Look up any recipe for the magic butter machine to see the first steps in preparing your herb for processing. I put mine in a mason jar loosely lidded, at 230° in the oven for 20 minutes whether I am making butter, coconut oil or RSO type oil.

OK guys, I could not wait to try the Hash.... lol. 1st we smoked a bowl 50/50 Hash & Weed. Could taste the Hash big time & got a nice buzz. But then about an hour later I could not resist the temptation of some Hash under the glass.

11-118.JPG
11-119.JPG
11-120.JPG

And she's ready for a nice big hit :p ! Way better then the weed was.

The WW & Aurora Indica broke ground this morning. Not standing tall yet; but got it's head up.
Love fresh beans my friend.
Hope they are all beauties.
Bill

SFV Kush broke ground too. 3 up / 3 to go. I did get the Saturn 4 to work the way I wanted. Had to re-read the manual because I thought it said you could use an exhaust fan for cooling. I ran the whole tent all day yesterday & fan & humidifier shut off & came on several times. I think the RH knob on it is off by 10% or my Accurite Temp / Humidity Monitor is... One of the 2 are off. I have to put the Saturn 4 on 80% to get a 70% RH reading on the Accurite. Not sure which is correct; but to play it safe I'll go with what I set the Saturn RH at. So I'll set the Saturn for 65 - 70% which should give me an Accurite reading of 55 - 60% which is good enough for me. The Saturn automatically increases the Humidity by 4 or 5 % above what you set it for before it shuts off & kicks on at 3% under what you set it for. The Exhaust fan works the same way by cooling it 5 degrees lower then what you set it for. These Saturn 4's are quite useful. You can use it as an Intake or Exhaust, Humidifier or Dehumidifier, Night Circulation Fan & Co2 Controller. Got 2 of these in a bin full of equipment for $50. This Bin had over a $1000 worth of equipment so it was a steal of a deal.

Back
Top Bottom