Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Hey All, I'm fixing to start my next journal & hoping to see some of you here. I may need a little help along the way; because this is my very 1st attempt at a SCROG Grow. Only info I have is what I've read with zero experience at it.
Anyway, my plan is to SCROG a single Do Si Dos in a 5 gallon grow bag to fill out a 3 x 3 x 6 tent.

I already have about 100 pics to post as I started the Do Si Dos 2 weeks ago from seed; which I'll bring you up to date on. Trying to eliminate some of the slow start stuff. When this plant is big enough I'll be topping it & taking clones for another grow in a 5 x 5 tent.

So here's the Info:
Light : Mars Hydro FC-E3000 (300 Watt)
Tent: Cheapo 3 x 3 (No Name)
Strain: Do Si Dos (Pyramid Seeds)
Nutrient : Mega Crop (Version 4)
Additives: Cal Mag, Silica
PK Booster: Terpinator

So before we get started on the actual journal I want to do a Shout Out / Tag to some of the growers. So here we go.
@Mars Hydro , @InTheShed , @Emilya , @farside05 , @Bill284 , @bluter , @Nunyabiz , @Virgin Ground , @Pat Puffer , @VetSmoke85 , @Reave , @BakedARea , @Thirvnrob , @Mdlroad , @Tokin Roll , @Farmer Reading , @Rexer , @LLsBestGo , @Enjoil , @Ganjagrandaddy , @MarcoD1984 , @MochaBud .

Anyone else who cares to pull a rock & sit a spell is more than welcome. The more the merrier !
The more people I have joining / The more resources I have to get advice from.

Thanks for joining & I'll get things rolling as soon as I break it up ! OH.... I'll get the journal going too.

Hey All, I'm fixing to start my next journal & hoping to see some of you here. I may need a little help along the way; because this is my very 1st attempt at a SCROG Grow. Only info I have is what I've read with zero experience at it.
Anyway, my plan is to SCROG a single Do Si Dos in a 5 gallon grow bag to fill out a 3 x 3 x 6 tent.

I already have about 100 pics to post as I started the Do Si Dos 2 weeks ago from seed; which I'll bring you up to date on. Trying to eliminate some of the slow start stuff. When this plant is big enough I'll be topping it & taking clones for another grow in a 5 x 5 tent.

So here's the Info:
Light : Mars Hydro FC-E3000 (300 Watt)
Tent: Cheapo 3 x 3 (No Name)
Strain: Do Si Dos (Pyramid Seeds)
Nutrient : Mega Crop (Version 4)
Additives: Cal Mag, Silica
PK Booster: Terpinator

So before we get started on the actual journal I want to do a Shout Out / Tag to some of the growers. So here we go.
@Mars Hydro , @InTheShed , @Emilya , @farside05 , @Bill284 , @bluter , @Nunyabiz , @Virgin Ground , @Pat Puffer , @VetSmoke85 , @Reave , @BakedARea , @Thirvnrob , @Mdlroad , @Tokin Roll , @Farmer Reading , @Rexer , @LLsBestGo , @Enjoil , @Ganjagrandaddy , @MarcoD1984 , @MochaBud .

Anyone else who cares to pull a rock & sit a spell is more than welcome. The more the merrier !
The more people I have joining / The more resources I have to get advice from.

Thanks for joining & I'll get things rolling as soon as I break it up ! OH.... I'll get the journal going too.
Thanks for the tag I'm in

first question ... why just 1 ?

2- 4 in scrog would fill the net faster with the same canopy and earlier flip. not that one won't do it . it will, just longer veg and larger plant with the net higher up.

To get things started I want to post all the "Mars Hydro FC-E3000" info from their website. I'm really liking this light so far. It really lights up a 3 x 3 tent very well. I think this 4 Bar Light should do an excellent job on a SCROG Grow.
So here's the pics from the website.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Site pics continued:
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

@Mars Hydro , I have a couple of questions about this light.

1) In one place it says you can Daisy Chain 15 lights together & in another place it says 20. Not sure which one is correct ?

2) I also have Mars Hydro TSW 2000's & TS 3000. Can all these different lights (FC-E3000 / TSW 2000 / TS 3000) be daisy chained together if I ever needed to do that ?

first question ... why just 1 ?

2- 4 in scrog would fill the net faster with the same canopy and earlier flip. not that one won't do it . it will, just longer veg and larger plant with the net higher up.
I had considered 4 plants in 3 gallon pots. I just figure 1 in a 5 gallon would yield about the same & a 3 x 3 tent is pretty small. I figured since you still get some stretch after flip I'd only need to Veg about 5 - 6 weeks ? Like I said, I've never done SCROG so don't know if I'm correct in my assumption.

Site pics continued:
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

@Mars Hydro , I have a couple of questions about this light.

1) In one place it says you can Daisy Chain 15 lights together & in another place it says 20. Not sure which one is correct ?

2) I also have Mars Hydro TSW 2000's & TS 3000. Can all these different lights (FC-E3000 / TSW 2000 / TS 3000) be daisy chained together if I ever needed to do that ?
I'm glad to see things are working out for my friend.
Looks like you are set up for a while. Thats great.
Can't wait to see you cranking out you beautiful ladies for @Mars Hydro
:cheer: :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::yummy:
Bill

Alrighty then.
You growing in Coco?
If you did 4 plants in small 5 gal pots you would cut your veg in half
No, I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. Don't want to mix & feed nutes twice a day. Also don't want to deal with all that run off under a SCROG Net every day.
4 - 5 gallon pots would surely fill the tent quickly. This is more or less going to be a learning experience for me to see what happens when I SCROG. I'm sure I'll have a much better understanding of it once I have a grow in & can see what to expect.

Thanks for popping in !

OK, so you see the site info. So here's some pics of the unpackaging. So here's what's in the box when you receive it.
16.JPG

The 4 Light Bars with Samsung LM301B Diodes.

17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG
21.JPG

Then we have the Mounting Rails. They conveniently marked them with Arrows for light bar placement should you go that way. I measured & spaced them apart equally which you'll see soon.
Got to love the Green "Mars Hydro" Logo on the sides of the Mounting Rails. Looks Cool !
The Rails & Light Bars are all aluminum so they should work well for Heat Sinks.

22.JPG
23.JPG

The Driver for this light is a "MeanWell Driver" which is something I'm very happy with.
Of course we get the Free Sticker Sheet. I've got these stickers everywhere after owning 6 of their lights.
I've always had nice grows with them; so why change ? If it aint broke, don't fix it; Right ?

24.JPG
25.JPG

Back
Top Bottom