Bug netting?

RetiredRN

Has anyone ever used bug netting with their outdoor grows to keep bugs and beetles from eating the plants??? I made this contraption that I’m going to put a bug net over and then grow my plant inside of it. Does the netting affect the plants ability to grow in any way???

image.jpg

Over the years of viewing this forum I have seen all sorts of creepy crawlies come chewing their way out of the stem or bud o_O

Ye, some do use bug or animal protection & this may well depend on where you live in the world to what sort of insect problems that may occur in your neck of the woods.

The bugs most likely to do damage are Thrips, Mites, Weevils and Gnat larvae
They might well be small enough to get through the mesh but such creatures don't walk to a plant do they(?), they are usually in the soil already or eggs are laid on the leaves or the top layer of soil
Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure how Red Spider Mite gets about, but the mesh can only help, surely
Don't know how sunny your sky is or the denier of the fabric, but I can't see it making much difference under the Great Grow Light in the Sky

Back
Top Bottom