Bug

koosh1029

I bought fox farm soil, started using it about a week or 2 ago, and i’m now seeing gnats on the soil, and there’s this bug I keep seeing on my plant , any1 know? And what can i do to get rid of these bugs ? Ive put neem oil on, even on the soil but bugs are still on there.

Attachments

• 8BCD14FE-0220-4A79-8F74-EBBA269EAC0B.png
    8BCD14FE-0220-4A79-8F74-EBBA269EAC0B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
I bought fox farm soil, started using it about a week or 2 ago, and i’m now seeing gnats on the soil, and there’s this bug I keep seeing on my plant , any1 know? And what can i do to get rid of these bugs ? Ive put neem oil on, even on the soil but bugs are still on there.
The best thing for Gnat control is gnat nix which you can get on amazon or course sand and put about an inch layer of it over your soil

And kill that bug,whatever it is...

Welcome to 420,koosh1029 :welcome:Soil gnats seem to come with new soil-

The gnats themselves don't hurt the plants-they don't eat,they can only drink-they're
just a pain in the a$$....
BUT they lay eggs in the soil,and their larva mess with the plants root system (by eating some of it)
Neem oil on the soil will help,as will letting the soil dry out,and following @Lastbud's suggestions will
also help-they may take awhile to get rid of.
The larvae only start on roots when their preferred meal (decaying plant matter) runs out-so it's not an emergency-but getting rid of them asap is still a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom