Bugs need help

Killian

I fed my plants tonight and noticed little white bugs in my runoff trays. They are so small in having a hard time trying to see them with my loupe. I looked the plants over and couldn't see any on them. They seem to only be interested in the soil. Any ideas what they could be and how I can get rid of them. Sorry they are to small to get a picture. I know there's not much to go on here but I've never seen them in my grow before. Soil is FFOF with 30% perilite.

likely gnats. kill now while early.
the gnat larvae that is. not the plant lol.

whiteflys don't have a soil stage.

are they root bound ?

i dunno about soil fer sure - they like wet, you could dry the soil right out til water...

I used a wet dry cycle all the way through veg so if that would do the trick I think I wouldn't have them now. Thanks for replying though.

the soil would have to be parched. like droopy droopy dry.

Mosquito bits. Buy it on amazon. It’s nematodes that activate when you add water. They eat larvae, eggs, and babies. No effect on your roots.

i like this.

Diatomaceous earth is also a good thing. You sprinkle it on top of your soil between watering. Anything that lands or crawls on it will shread itself. Again it has no effect on your roots. That does the surface and the medium. If they are flying you also hang sticky tape. It’s not a bad idea to hang anyway, if you think you might have a problem. If you see any on it, you know you do. The last thing is the leaves. I use insecticide, but most people don’t like that. I wouldn’t use it in flower. I also Bud Wash when I harvest anyway. The point is that if you do have fungus gnats, you have to break their life cycle, which is a multi-pronged effort. I’ve had them before. They are a real pain in the ass to get rid of. I’m sure they were in the bag of soil that I bought. I dose my soil before I start a grow with mosquito bits to avoid it.

This is what I use. It works great along side of the drying out the soil between water/feedings. Sprinkle it on the surface and it shreds the bugs till they die. @Calvados, it's the same as what he is talking about. Drying out won't work if you only dry out once but a series of times. Don't over water. They love the moisture
Pay attention under ur lights On the plants or floor for dead bugs/flying bugs. I'd put up some yellow/blue sticky tabs at soil level. They are attracted to it and stock it to it. Then you'll have a better sense of what you got going on.

*pictures are worth a thousand words*

Back
Top Bottom