Bugs

Ronbo

Mayday Mayday... I have this stuff that looks like dandruff on the leaves.. I touch the leaves and the dandruff fly away.. bugssssssss...

Get in there and look on every stem and leaf back and front, you'll find them. I think its 2tsp/gal with 4 drops of dish soap to emulsify (?) I have a pump sprayer I been blasting the crap out of my bug'd plant they do not go easy...

You inspired me to go drench my veg closet! The best thing I've found for gnats so far beyond the regular doses of neem is colorful sticky traps. Until I walk into them and they stick to my very sparsly haired head...eeew.

The problem i believe is the eggs stick around for a good long time and I have not been super extra diligent and that's what it takes to beat them. Another thing I heard works really well at least on spider mites so it should on aphids also is the hot shot bug strips...wicked chemical action but supposedly like nuclear bomb lethal.

Get in there and look on every stem and leaf back and front, you'll find them. I think its 2tsp/gal with 4 drops of dish soap to emulsify (?) I have a pump sprayer I been blasting the crap out of my bug'd plant they do not go easy...
The neem I have is already in the spray bottle.

The problem i believe is the eggs stick around for a good long time and I have not been super extra diligent and that's what it takes to beat them. Another thing I heard works really well at least on spider mites so it should on aphids also is the hot shot bug strips...wicked chemical action but supposedly like nuclear bomb lethal.
So do I spray it directly on the plants????

Yes I spray directly on the plants. It stinks and is oily but it's better than massive aphid infestation. You can wash your plants after you chop them. Have you found any yet? Look on the back side of the leaves around where you see the white stuff on. It's been my experience that aphids spread quickly, you'll want to establish what whatever is leaving that white stuff is asap.

Yes I spray directly on the plants. It stinks and is oily but it's better than massive aphid infestation. You can wash your plants after you chop them. Have you found any yet? Look on the back side of the leaves around where you see the white stuff on. It's been my experience that aphids spread quickly, you'll want to establish what whatever is leaving that white stuff is asap.
Yes,, it looks like dandruff.. I shook the leave and a few flew away..

Don't spray with anything oil based and put them under lights. Spray at lights out. You can burn your plant otherwise.

If you have little white spots that actually fly, I'd say it's whiteflys not aphids. Same white poo I think, same fix. Spray the crap out of your plants with neem, prune badly infected leaves.

Don't spray with anything oil based and put them under lights. Spray at lights out. You can burn your plant otherwise.

THis! Thank you VG...It's cool and a bit windy in my rooms it seems to dry fast and I havent seen burn but better safe than sorry!

No leaves really been eaten or turning bad. Here are some pics

Attachments

• Photo Nov 19, 9 30 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 19, 9 30 19 PM.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Bugs.jpg
    Bugs.jpg
    743.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo Nov 19, 9 31 21 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 19, 9 31 21 PM.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo Nov 19, 9 32 15 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 19, 9 32 15 PM.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo Nov 19, 9 32 18 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 19, 9 32 18 PM.jpg
    935 KB · Views: 34
Mayday Mayday... I have this stuff that looks like dandruff on the leaves.. I touch the leaves and the dandruff fly away.. bugssssssss...

Opps. Hate when that happens.

Quit touching your plants.

OK so what you have is LEAF HOPPERS.

What I wood do is cull everything and start over.

UNLESS you are positive they didn't bring in a virus.

Where are you located (dont have to give an address city or state will do).

These are not BS - I tried to fix was a fail.

I got rid of the leaf hoppers but they left behind a virus after 4 months of quarantine I culled.

They are common vector for several plant viruses and they migrate from equator north as the season progresses into fall.

Opps. Hate when that happens.

Quit touching your plants.

OK so what you have is LEAF HOPPERS.

What I wood do is cull everything and start over.

UNLESS you are positive they didn't bring in a virus.

Where are you located (dont have to give an address city or state will do).

These are not BS - I tried to fix was a fail.

I got rid of the leaf hoppers but they left behind a virus after 4 months of quarantine I culled.

They are common vector for several plant viruses and they migrate from equator north as the season progresses into fall.
Holy shit. I live in the St. Louis MO area. I have 18 plants. I do not want to kill them. Argh

Back
Top Bottom