Build Your Own LED Grow Light

I rechecked the manual and couldn't find anything regarding multiple drivers per output. I'm looking for power, soft start, sunrise and sunset from this controller. A one week transition from veg to flower would be a bonus as well. I'm thinking:
CH1: Driver Power. Introduce delays for every two drivers to allow more than two drivers/circuit
CH2: 12 hr flowering cycle
CH3: deep red/far red flower initiators (to be added later)
CH4: unused
CH5: unused
If necessary I can use CH4 and CH5 for more lights or power controls. Relays can have delays so driver power can be sequenced. An isolation circuit is fairly easy to build if I need to isolate the dimming inputs for each driver.

ok, Im just posting what i seen in the QandA,

Q:there is two power sockets (DC jack and screw), could I connect two power supply at the same time to improve the power , to connect more lights ?

A:Sorry, connect two power supply to one controller at the same time is not allowed, it will damage the controller, or even break your power supply, PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS, thanks.

Ah! The power supplies they are referring to are the ones that power the timer, and drive directly connected LEDs. The DC Jack is for low power applications, and the Screws are for high power applications. The device is capable of handling 20A total, or probably around 4A at 12-24VDC per channel. I'll be drawing about 100µA per LED driver for a dimming input, so I should be OK. I'm glad you challenged me on it, as it forced me to think about it. That Naval Electronics Technologist training is still serving me well. ;)

oooooooooooooooooo,ok, ic

and,

Thanks for your services brother.

my brother is retiring from 101 next month,

Beannnnners, Beannnerrrsss,, gonna, --------Beanersssss, gonna kick you in the face"

yeah bonsai, It was my last FireOG seed, and i dont like how it grows anyways, so i crossed it with a tall, fast growing bagseed. First time doing it, will do it different next time, lol.. I think i have about 500 freakin seeds. good news, wont have to buy seeds,lol..

they are huge seeds too man, like pea size. unreal..

here is a family pic, the tall male was only 44 days old when i removed it and put it away for further testing. ( 12 days without water, in cocoloco, and not a single flaw.) In 44 days, i watered him only 4-5 times, total. it strived in dryer medium it seemed.

I'm thinking of a TC421 WiFi time programmable led controller, and using one of the five channels for power to the drivers via a relay. A 20K resistor in series with the dim input for the drivers should drop the voltage from 0-12 to 0-10V.

full

TC421 WiFi Time Programmable Led Controller​

Be careful if you want to order this. The TC420 lacks the WiFi, and several eBay vendors are trying to lure buyers by having both part numbers, or neither in their ads.

I contacted one of them asking:
Is this the TC421, or the TC420? Both are listed in the title, but the description says TC420, The description also indicates that an APP Client can be used which indicates that it is the TC421.

... and their reply was:
Dear friend,

Thanks for contacting us.

All the item information was showed in the listing description, please kindly check it and see if the item ok for you.

Your kindly understanding will do us a big favor!

Any other questions or needs, feel free to contact us.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Regards,

If an image of the manual is shown check to ensure it reads "WiFi Time LED Controller."

as a noob who also builds their own lights i approve of this thread. currently running 4 and 6 cob setups using citizen 1212's supplemented with osram knockoff 5050 smd's. been going thru this thread looking at some of the newer stuff. there are some decent builds. i go with old school timers and use the smd's as ramp up / ramp down (sunrise / sunset) lights.

They're scheduled to arrive Monday. Some features, like program ability and supplemental wavelengths will have to wait for implementation until I can scrape together some more funds. :(

They're scheduled to arrive Monday. Some features, like program ability and supplemental wavelengths will have to wait for implementation until I can scrape together some more funds. :(

ok, cool.. Thats the way things are sometimes, Hobby is backseat, right on..

ok, cool.. Thats the way things are sometimes, Hobby is backseat, right on..

full

COBs and Mounting Hardware​

Pin heatsinks are 163mm x 158mm x 70mm. The side mounting holes are vertically centered in the 10mm bottom plate, on 20mm centers.

WOOT! Good stuff Salt, now get ta building, lol..

seriously, take your time, its important step in the process..

awesome Salt!! SO your going to build a Far-red rig, or did you go Rapid LED route? I might tinker project a Far-Red bar or something. Found some PCBs strips for Monos, so I might.. Was using my Growmau puck, till i learned more about the emerson and far-red thing. *shruggs, we'll see, lol..

anyways, excited for ya, cant wait to see it up and running..

Have a great day bro

Back
Top Bottom