Building A Better Soil: Demonstrations & Discussions Of Organic Soil Recipes

So I woke up yesterday morning to see if any of my seeds had sprouted, and one of them finally had! Yay!!
I wake up today and found that there is a second stalk that grew up... can seeds sprout from both ends? I think the seed is confused and instead of rooting one end and growing up the other, they are both growing up out of the soil?? Unless there was a second seed in the soil already and I'm just a high ass and planted a second seed lol.

1595354589510.png
1595354599315.png

Sorry I Bob I can't read the unit in that post, is that pounds? I assume 600 gal bags would give more than 30 ounces. Wow if it is! Hats off to Coots! :hookah:

I watched in interview on you tube - thats what he said 30 POUNDS per plant and it was verified. Not sure if that's dry or wet weight prollly wet but either way thats a big plant.

20200813_155341.jpg
Hello everyone I'm digesting as much of this amazing article as possible as fast as possible but I have a quick question I was hoping for some insight into my "recipe" that I found online that was made easy for people like me who lack a lot of knowledge!

I was wondering if I should use half happy frog instead of all 8 ocean forest and I was going to use 2 bags of the premium alive mix instead of 1.

Thanks in advance!

Bagged soil is sorta the opposite of mixing your own.

There are lots of recipes.

I use whats called "coots mix"

Google it its pretty basic and not a lot of inputs can even purchase kits with everything you need beside the peat moss perlite and compost. Those you can find at your local nursery. Some local nurseries even sell their own mix for cheap. Be better than those bags you mentioned and likely a lot cheaper.

Compost is the key to a good soil.

Can make your own, can purchase in a bag or get some local.

Bagged compost that I've tried and are excellent:

Coast Of Main - lobster compost
Malibu - BU Blend
Leaf Mold at your local woodland - free and the best.

Back
Top Bottom