Building a better SuperCloset

KittiesNKush

I've been looking around at all sorts of grow cabinet set ups, but after lurking around forums I've decided that I could build my own. I was originally going to buy the LED Trinity 3.0, but I think I can do it better at about half the price. My goal is to emulate this system. I have done a lot of bitch work on grows, but never had my own so I'm fuzzy on a lot of the finer points. Tonight I'm going to home depot to purchase all the wood and I am putting it together over the next two days.

I will be building out my own cabinet, which will be 7 ft high, 6 ft wide and 2 1/3 ft deep. It will be built into two halves. each one containing two chambers. On the right half there will be a 4ft high first stage flowering room, above it a veg room. On the left there will be a 5 ft second stage flower room and above it an air purification chamber.

Does anyone have any advice? I obviously need to install several fans, get a carbon filter, figure out what lights are the best etc. I will be building this whole thing out over the next two weeks so it should be fun to watch.

I think I can make this system ruin cooler, quieter and overall more efficiently than the SuperCloset version. I am going to shell out for LED lights so it can run on the cooler side, but air purification and circulation is a big goal of mine. Sealing this all up to make it airtight will be interesting. This all starts tonight so I will be posting pictures soon.

I went to the hardware store and got all the wood today. Bought 6 4" x 8" x 3/4' sheets and am building in the morning. Going to make one small change and have the right cabinet have veg going 3 ft high on the bottom and 1st stage flower above it. I know this might be hard to picture but I will be able to show everyone tomorrow. Here is what I am thinking of buying to fill everything out. I don't know the market for everything so I am still constantly changing as I discover what my best options are.

2x Diamond Series LED Grow lights - Going to buy one of the smaller ones for the first stage flower and one of the larger for second stage Edit: Might opt for Budmaster LED lights, the 300 XG for 1st stage and 450 for XG for second stage. Do you guys think it is reasonable to have a bigger light as the flowering stage goes on?

1x EnviroFrow T5 - Veg lights

2x SuperPonics system - I'm sure there are better options but I am not sure what they are yet. I am not confident in my ability to build something like this. I am getting at least two, and need to figure out how to run the hydro system for veg.

Might build my own carbon scrubber, or if I can find a system ready to buy that fits well in my box then I will do that

Still thinking about fans

Pictures tomorrow!

Today I cut most of the frame for the cabinet. I bought a 4 in hydro farm fan, and am going to attach that to a carbon scrubber to fit into the 2ft high room on the upper right hand side of the unit. I am planning on cutting 4inx4in squares into the wall separating the two sides to get air flow, then hoping that 4in fan is enough to pull all that air. Debating on if I should cut 1 or 2 square into the sides to allow for air to flow in.
cut23.jpg

Cut13.jpg

With one scrubber you'll have to be careful with light getting into the flowering areas from veg areas through the vents.
How are you sourcing your water and controlling PH? You'll want to circulate air in the chambers with a small oscillating fan. (at least the large flower) You'll have to watch your humidity in a tight sealed area especially if you're doing a sealed unit. Add CO2. Run a Journal so we can watch.

Ive just built a diy cabinet myself, not on this scale tho..

I got a lot of satisfaction from it to be honest. As im growing autos
I dont need a seperate room for veg n flower. But interested in how people build a full set up. For future reference..

Good luck in your build, i will keep an eye on how you progrss.

Here is my stealth cabinet

image5437.jpg
image5146.jpg
image5428.jpg

With one scrubber you'll have to be careful with light getting into the flowering areas from veg areas through the vents.
How are you sourcing your water and controlling PH? You'll want to circulate air in the chambers with a small oscillating fan. (at least the large flower) You'll have to watch your humidity in a tight sealed area especially if you're doing a sealed unit. Add CO2. Run a Journal so we can watch.
I am going to fill this up and adding my nuts and PH product. And I'm thinking I am going to put four two inch diameter circles into the bottom right side of the unit, and having air holes with circulation fans. Hopefully that and the 4 in fan will pull enough air to clean everything? What do youthink? Like I said I've never done my own so there are a lot of things I dont know about. But I'm trying my best!
Weather hasn't permitted work for the past two days but I was able to get more wood!
cut31.jpg

And I am ordering this light right now. I then plan on getting two of these for flowering. Does anyone think that is a good or bad idea?

I'll pull up a seat for this one :thumb:

Better late than never!

So I really did end up finishing this box. I put in
2 700W Mars II LEDs
300W Reflector LED
4" active air fan
6" active air duct booster
24 inch CAN filter

They are in a mixture of some Organics hydro coco and fox farm and I'm doing THC bomb.
Chamber 1 (Veg) has a bubba kush that my friend gave me, 5 THC bomb clones and 2 grab bag seeds.
Chamer 2 and 3 are in day 5 of flower

I still have a few finishing touches to put on but overall I'm decently satisfied with the way it came out.
photo_4_1_11.JPG
photo_3_1_19.JPG
photo_2_1_28.JPG
photo_1_1_29.JPG
photo_4248.JPG
photo_3309.JPG
photo_1441.JPG
photo_2381.JPG

What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom