Building a grow room! Need advice!

JunkYard

O.k, I'm going to build a grow room, and have some specific questions. Any and all help is appreciated! I want to do it right, so this will be an on-going process, and will probably take place over a substantial amount of time. (Low funds)

So far my idea is to build the room 5' x 5' x 7'. How many plants would this space hold? I want to grow two different strains. (Kali Mist, and Grapefruit) I can get the Grapefruit in a female seed, but will have to take my chances on the Kali. I thought about starting like three Grapefruits, (Female) and five Kali Mist seeds. Will the 5' x 5' x 7' space hold the 8 plants until I know the sex's of the Kali, or do I need to build a bigger room?

Also, I'll need to buy an exhaust fan, and a carbon filter. I'm thinking about a 465 cfm Dayton blower for the exhaust, and I'm not real sure which carbon filter to buy along with it. Any suggestions? Will the 465 cfm Dayton blower work for ventilation, and air flow to keep the room cool while attached to a carbon filter?

For lights, I had in mind 1, 1000 watt hps for flowering, (It will be non-cooled)and I'm not sure the best route to go for the veg cycle. I only plan on vegging for a couple weeks due to the strains being Sativa dominant. (Tall) Should I go with flouro's for the veg cycle, or maybe a 400-600 watt transiton MH bulb. If flouro's, how many watts?

I'll be growing in a basement, btw, so I'll not be dealing with high temp intake air.

I want to do this right, and I don't mind spending for it. It will just take me a while to get everything together, and finish the room. I won't start growing until the room is complete.

If you have suggestions, please post them. I need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

i would say your space is good size for 5 larg bushy plants or meany small ones .your fan size is good for the room and a scrubber, your going to want a dehumidpher for sure if using hydro. t5 8 Bulbs 432 watts lights are real nice for veg or mh400 or 600. also it takes time to grow and it takes a few weeks to get your seed going under a shop light from the hardware store. so you can get some thing every few weeks and have your plants ready when you are, good luck and peace.

Back
Top Bottom