Building a Stealth grow cabinet. Help with light setup

ragerecon

Soon I will be building a 4'hx2'dx3'l and was wondering if this would be good for 1-2plant scrog -
New 2012 400W LED Grow Light 128pcs 3W for Indoor Plant House Hydroponic System or Bettergrow 300W LED Grow Light Hydroponics VEG Flowering 3W Diode Lamp Panel because I was thinking 400hps with cooltube and 4in inline fan but I'm worry about the noise and want to some save money.

The quality of the light may leave a little to be desired. They don't give a whole lot of information about the spectral distribution. They are under driving the diodes at ~ 600mA according to the information they give. That will cause less heat generation and longer diode life at the cost of photo output... not always a bad trade off. Note that the first says it is a 400 watt fixture and it only consumes 230 watts. If it was made with top quality diodes (which for that price isn't an option), that would be the perfect size for your tent. Seeing as they give no ratios at all, a couple of 23 watt CFLs on the side of either 2600k or 6500k (depending on the ratio in the panel) might help offset the lower photo output.

Hi, I cant help you with LED's but I have tried just about every 4-6" inline fan out there with the exception of a vortex. I highly recommend the Soler and palau 100X from amazon about $90. most powerful inline fan you can get for the noise it puts out, which is very quiet . It has 2 settings 130 CFM and I believe 100CFM. back pressure really seems to effect most cheaper model inline fans such as the suncourt 4" rated at 80CFM which I believe is more like 40-50CFM, but backpressure doesn't bother the S&P. For the cost you can't go wrong with an S&P 100x. It is rather bulky and big which is why I was hesitant to purchase it, but 8 inline fans later, here I am lol. Hope this helps and gl with your future grows!

Back
Top Bottom