Building a temporary sealed wall to split room - Need advice

sman

I want to split a room in half using a temporary wall so that I can seal off a portion creating a sealed 'room within a room'. What is the best way of doing this?

pvc is the cheapest I believe. Can I frame up a pvc wall? Will it be sturdy enough? How would I anchor it to the floor/wall etc? I want to use a decent mm blk/white poly?

Also, my main concern is the door on the temp wall. How do I make the sealed, light-proof zipper door in the poly?

I'm pretty handy it's just I've never messed with poly before and need a painted picture in my mind on creating the door. I don't even know where to get the zippers and things although I'm sure 'Homie' has the necessary ingredient.

Anyone have experience with this? All feedback appreciated!

:love: this place! :adore:

I want to split a room in half using a temporary wall so that I can seal off a portion creating a sealed 'room within a room'. What is the best way of doing this?

pvc is the cheapest I believe. Can I frame up a pvc wall? Will it be sturdy enough? How would I anchor it to the floor/wall etc? I want to use a decent mm blk/white poly?

Also, my main concern is the door on the temp wall. How do I make the sealed, light-proof zipper door in the poly?

I'm pretty handy it's just I've never messed with poly before and need a painted picture in my mind on creating the door. I don't even know where to get the zippers and things although I'm sure 'Homie' has the necessary ingredient.

High-hi, and welcome to 420mag!

On the door/zipper, I would simply put in a velcro closure. If this is going to be a "vapor barrier" I would imagine that you'd have an actual framed wall? If so, make the door open toward you as you walk into the room, and velcro some panda film over the inside. There is a product called Zipwall that you could --oggole search-- for though they're not cheap. But they have an adhesive backing and are designed for such things. I can't post the link to it here, but you know Oggole, right? Gotta be dyslexic sometimes. Or you could go take a walk in the rainforest in South America. they might have some for cheaper.

EDIT: I found the zippers in the rain forest. $15USD for two of them. "ZipWall HDAZ2 Heavy Duty Zipper Kit, 2-Pack"

What's your constraints in terms of what type of damage you can do to the ground, ceiling, and end walls? lol

I just framed up my divider wall with metal track and studs...My whole room is framed like this though. I'm going to use a pocket door in order to not take away any extra area of the room. It won't be air tight for now...Just light proof...the divider wall that is...The entire structure is sealed though. Use that zipper/velcro idea above for actually sealing it.

What's your constraints in terms of what type of damage you can do to the ground, ceiling, and end walls? lol

I just framed up my divider wall with metal track and studs...My whole room is framed like this though. I'm going to use a pocket door in order to not take away any extra area of the room. It won't be air tight for now...Just light proof...the divider wall that is...The entire structure is sealed though. Use that zipper/velcro idea above for actually sealing it.

It's a rental so I want to cause as little damage as possible, but I know someone that can fix the minimal damages i do cause, I.E. The exhaust holes in the ceiling -_-

Dont want to go all negatative on ya there pal, but what J2k3 says is probably abit more serious than u were thinking set up wise perrhaps ??. . And a handy dude like you should be able to afix a false wall etc . . Go have a check out in the grow room forum area - I'm sure there will be someone to guide you through it.

There is a much easier way to do this. Go to your home store and buy some 4x8 foot panels of insulating foam. [search home depot for "foamular"] Easy to cut with box cutter, just tack up a 1x2 inch rail across the ceiling and floor, and tape or glue the panels to these rails, or put foam weatherstrip on one edge and just wedge them between ceiling and floor. Use Gorilla tape to join the seams. One panel can be your door, using Gorilla tape as a hinge, or use velcro to make the door removable if you don't have enough room to swing it open. The 3/4 inch pink panels are opaque and are strong enough to put vent holes in.

...the vent holes are for the lights guys.

There is a much easier way to do this. Go to your home store and buy some 4x8 foot panels of insulating foam. [search home depot for "foamular"] Easy to cut with box cutter, just tack up a 1x2 inch rail across the ceiling and floor, and tape or glue the panels to these rails, or put foam weatherstrip on one edge and just wedge them between ceiling and floor. Use Gorilla tape to join the seams. One panel can be your door, using Gorilla tape as a hinge, or use velcro to make the door removable if you don't have enough room to swing it open. The 3/4 inch pink panels are opaque and are strong enough to put vent holes in.

Thanks I will definitely look into the foamular :high-five:

(EDIT - just looked at the foamular, thank you very much!)

just going back through old threads. . . .There are plenty of "how to construct a grow room " tutorials on You Tube too

You can try temporary room dividers. These are often used to improve the layout and functionality of a room. Acoustic temporary divider walls are used to control the noise transmission in space and are very popular in busy spaces such as offices or school environments.

We are entering this venue with out of the box concepts. Our industry is modular walk in cooler panels, preferable reclaimed to conserve costs. Modular panels, 24” to 47” x 8 to 20+ft long. Slip or cam lock fasteners, very hygienic easy to install. Seals well. We are located in Denver and have plenty of inventory. Check our you tube videos on installing walk in cooler panels.

Back
Top Bottom