Building my 150watt 4'x2½'x2' Cab

Nesnarb

Hey,

This is the start of my grow cab construction. I've put a lot of thought into this so lets hope some magic happens.:grinjoint:

Check out the plans for this cab here --> 150w HPS 4'x2½'x2' Cab Plans

Cut it up - I used four 8' 2x3s with about an inch waste on each
IMG_5395.JPG

Drilled holes - Get a good drill thats my advice
IMG_5399.JPG

Top/Bottom - This was a pain in the ass... i'm sure there's an easier way to do it
IMG_5402.JPG

Framed - Nice
IMG_5405.JPG

:smokin:
to be continued...

trying to get things going cause we're tired of the black market! I'm patient enough to wait three and a half months or more for the grow/dry/cure but I want to get this thing done so we can look like this --->:smokin:

anyways I'm getting there. I'm gonna get the light and seeds a soon as I get paid (hopefully tomorrow) and I still need to paint the inside white and finish the scrubber I'm making. After all that hopefully the design will work with no heat problems. Here's the progress so far.

top/bottom/sides/back/doors

IMG_5445.JPG

all together now

IMG_5447.JPG

thanks for looking :peace:

coming along nicely, can't wait for the finished product.

i don't know if u already mentioned this, but are you painting the wall white or going the mylar approach?

From experience, I would like to suggest that you consider putting some small wheels or casters on the bottom of the box. it really makes life a lot easier when you have to move the box to get to the back or to move it to another room. These things get pretty heavy after the lights and plants are in them and you find you have to move the box.
:peace: :smokin:

Drmarty: I'm going for the flat white paint cause I've heard good things and two cause I really don't know where I'd get any mylar locally plus I think my dad has some paint he'll let me have.

Wolf: I was already planning on using some casters after I noticed you had put them to good use.

Just ordered the seeds and light! I've been working on the scrubber and almost have it done and i've got the white paint. So hopefully i'll have it all put together by the end of the week so I can get it runnin' smoothly.

got:
Original Skunk No.1 by Seedsman
Red Cherry Berry by Barney's Farm
Lemon Skunk by Greenhouse
Arjan's Haze No.3 by Greenhouse
Magic Bud by Paradise

So how did it go?
I'm interested to see how high temps you are getting with that lamp and fans as I'm thinking about a very similar setup.

Basically I've been waiting for a new ballast. The one I have ain't working. I've got nearly everything done and once the new ballast gets here I'll make an update and let you know how it all pans out.

Finally!!! I got a working light. So I will be getting the whole thing thrown together asap and test the temps. If all goes well we'll be growing in no time.

looking good, DIY is definitely the way to go. Are you going to do a soil or hydro grow?

From reading around it appears as if mylar is the most reflective covering, only slightly better than flat white paint. Despite its appearance aluminium foil is worse than both.

Nesnarb - I have the same Technics amplifier as you! Also i have a grow cab half the size of yours and i have a 250w HPS with heat sheild so maybe you could use a 250w too.

Back
Top Bottom