Building my growbox...

Hey Brett2theMax, and thanks! Yeah I'm def glad I got the mylar.. I should have put some around those 2x2s inside the cab as well but thought I was running low and wanted to save it for the panels. Turns out I had enough.. heh!

I added some 'light guards' (don't know what else to call them) over each fan to limit the light that comes in. Crawled into the box with the lights off inside and tried to close the door a bit - the level of darkness seems satisfactory..

Right side 'light guard'
2354.JPG

A bit closer up
2430.JPG

Other side... this is where it gets messy - I have all the cables from the lights, water & air pump, etc running out on this side.. not sure where I'm going to place my power bar yet (inside or outside the box) and seal it properly...
2526.JPG

it's a friggin inferno in there with the lights on, even with the 2 fans running!

When can we expect to see this grow box in action? Stop the teasing and start the pleasing. (yeah I though of that one all by myself) :grinjoint:

mrlaostha - thanks! Took me approx month to build, and i went over budget a bit cause I realized I was missing a bunch of tools, drillbits, etc.. As mentionned in another thread, this project made me well known at my local home depot :smokin:

Strat, hehe, I'm actually trying it out with daylight bulbs as I write this. I'm probably going to pull my girl out of the CFL mother chamber and veg her in the tanner to give her max lumens and hopefully speed up growth a bit. I haven't done anything about the excess temps in there yet - partly cause I don't really know what to do - but for the veg stage, leaving the cab door open a little should help evac the hot air (i'm going 24/7 light anyways)..

So stay tuned :) I'll probably post shots in my journal

Hey swishersweet! Here's a few pics.. Basically I reinforced the side panel of my box with another 2x2 - as mentionned, MDF can get pretty heavy and the door panel was fairly large.. I bought some basic hinges at home depot for about $2 a piece, fixed the hinges to the side panel, then aligned the door nice and flush and bolted that to the hinges with screws bolts & washers. Pics below.

Here you can see the little side panel on the left that the hinges were attached to
hinges1.JPG

Close up of the top two hinges
hinges2.JPG

Mega closeup of one hinge:grinjoint:
hinges3.JPG

And the inside view of how one of the hinges is attached, i drilled through the mylar and used washers & bolts to secure the door.
hinges4.JPG

Hope this helps!

hey man, all this is great work, you put a lot of commitement into it, and I hope that will pay back!
I'm planning to build an hydro system quite similar for myself, as well based on the bloombox, but my main question is, how exactly will be your "water table"(or whatever it can be called,the stuff from where the plants get the water ,nutrients etc...) will run? did you find a sollution to kind of imitate the NC northern light system? or will it be something different?
Well done again man, all this gives me a lot of inspiration! Thanks!

Bro your box looks sick! You planned it out very nice. Can't wait if you decide to make a journal. Keep it up peace!

Back
Top Bottom