Building stealth chest with CFL - Need advice - With pics

Azazel35

So I got a 3 drawer chest from a neighbor that moved. And decided I would make a stealth box like some of the ones I've seen from Google images. My old box was osb 4x2x2. Had it in garage. I liked it, but it was to obvious or maybe it was my paranoid acting up. So chest was 3 drawer which seemed small. So I had couple old book shelfs, I cut 8" wide boards to add onto the chest depth. And 8" to extend height. I also had add to my door and I got add more onto drawers. So this box is pieced together. Cause don't want spend any more cash. Lol

When I complete it. It will have 8 cfl in the plug in type socket. 3 cfl on light fixture with adjustable rope, with adjustable plexiglass, 4" intake, 6" exhaust on dimmer switch. (Air hockey table fan), with scrubber. I will be sanding it, and painting black.

1. I ran into a few problems. One, I put my outlets to close to the walls. I have that mylar from lowes. Will cfl burn the Mylar if it's to close? Have a quarter inch from touching wall.

If it will burn. Would putting plexiglass on the wall by bulb be ok?

2. What's a good hinge to use? I'm using the big hinges for like outside storage building doors. But it's big and sticks out a lot. I want something that mounts on the inside to be hidden.

3. What's Best way to vent exhaust from the box. It being a stealth box that will be air tight. How would you let exhaust air out where someone wouldn't feel air blowing out some where?
My ideal is to drill few 1/4" holes and mount a wicker basket to top of the holes so air can escape.

4. I'm more concerned about safety this time. So I added a surge proctors and I have everything grounded. Will surge protector prevent a fire? I have been using fire block silent. Wil be mounting a smoke detector.

Sorry about pics being turned wrong way.

image33038.jpg

image33037.jpg

image33036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom