Building your own rosin press

KarlJay

I have a 16 ton jack from a pipe bender and want to make my own rosin press.

So I was going off of a video on YouTube that is now gone, but it listed some controllers from Inkbird. Something like this:

So I'm doing some research and it seems a bit involved to setup and there are some cheaper options.

@6:11 you see some other options.

Here's a different brand.

What I'm trying to do is figure out how I can control the temp with something simple. The first one seems a bit complex.

The other thing is can these be used for something like a soldering iron?

Does one of these cover two sensors and which model should someone get?

I wouldn't mine doing a post about this so that others can learn from it, I just don't want to buy the wrong things.

I thought there was kind of a kit you could buy with the heaters, relays, controllers all together.

I can source the plate locally and have a drill press.

If anyone can point me to a post that covers this stuff. I'm really concerned about buying these temp controllers and not having a clue how to hook them up.

I'm only looking to process a few pounds of product for a one time thing, then maybe sell the equipment.

If you are not well versed in electronics, our sponsor Dabpress has these controllers available pre-built. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the links to units for 300, 500, or 1200w. Price is $159 to $189 USD. Cost is about $60 USD more than sourcing the parts yourself, and having to build it.

If you don't have a mill and the equipment to anodize the plates, I'd strongly suggest buying them from Dabpress.

Your link goes back to this thread, did you mean to link to something else?

What do I need to anodize?

I see their site, but didn't see the kits you're talking about for $159

I've corrected the link.

Yes they are $159. From eBay or Amazon you are looking at the PIDs, thermocouples, heaters, switches, fuse/breaker, connectors, and a box. It all adds up.

The plates for your press should be anodized to harden them. Aluminum is soft and easy to dent. The color can be omitted. It's not hard to anodize aluminum, you just need a fairly hefty power supply and a few chemicals.

I've corrected the link.

Yes they are $159. From eBay or Amazon you are looking at the PIDs, thermocouples, heaters, switches, fuse/breaker, connectors, and a box. It all adds up.

The plates for your press should be anodized to harden them. Aluminum is soft and easy to dent. The color can be omitted. It's not hard to anodize aluminum, you just need a fairly hefty power supply and a few chemicals.

For some reason, I assumed the aluminum was ready to go, never thought about hardening it, glad you mentioned it. I'll have to do a bit more homework.

Back
Top Bottom