Bulb brand hype?

brkthry

There seems to be a lot of hype about X brand of HPS bulbs being the best...Is there a noticeable difference between a premium like a hortilux and other brands? - I'm currently using a 600w GE PSL bulb.

Thx

There seems to be a lot of hype about X brand of HPS bulbs being the best...Is there a noticeable difference between a premium like a hortilux and other brands? - I'm currently using a 600w GE PSL bulb.

Thx

Not for me. I don't think my eye hortilux hps is going to be so much better than a plantmax at the same wattage and kelvin.

Am I going to notice? I don't think so. I just replaced a 4000K mh with a 7200K mh and as of now, I haven't noticed a huge difference in growth.

Hortilux is too expensive for not the commensurate return. That is just my opinion though so take it for what it's worth.

Yes I bought one but that was before I schooled myself in other bulbs. I went to the hydro guy and he said, yeah this is a great bulb and the only 250w I have in hps.

Plantmax will work fine and they are much less expensive.

IMO..

:Namaste:

thanks - that makes me feel better - i didnt think one bulb could be so dramatically better than the next...you seem to know the science with this stuff - I use the whole botanicare line but don't get that pungent aroma I love - is there an additive I can use to stink up and firm up the buds>?

thanks - that makes me feel better - i didnt think one bulb could be so dramatically better than the next...you seem to know the science with this stuff - I use the whole botanicare line but don't get that pungent aroma I love - is there an additive I can use to stink up and firm up the buds>?

For that my friend I'll have to refer you to another source..Go here

I'm in my first grow and still in veg..there are many, many more people who can answer that better than I can..

Full-spectrum lighting that simulates sunlight closely without the harmful UV rays. It is clear, shiny, and free of distortion. I think that every house should use the full spectrum light bulbs instead of halogen regular year round them.

I have always wondered this, but I found some hortilux rip offs on ebay for 30-40$ i think it was? 1000watts too!! Couldnt pass it up, but I did notice they did better than the standard spectrum HPS warehouse style.

As long as your careful not to be to cheap in buying bulbs, brands don't matter so much as long as their in the right spectrum. Cheaper bulbs always loose efficiency sooner then better built bulbs, in my experiences anyway.

@Giantsfan24 you went from 4000K to 7200K? You probably haven't seen much of a difference because both are the wrong kelvin...?

my 2 cents
ive used all of em
the eye hortilux is the hands down best bulb. the entire grow needs to be looked at.
a comparison is better. ill bet you see a big difference in the final product. this comes from first hand tests! done numerous times. now, the bulb is only a small part of the grand sceem. what works for one wont always work for another!
mother nature is the best teacher. mimic hes ways and get as close as you can to duplicating her work. youll be pleased you did. guarantee!

As long as your careful not to be to cheap in buying bulbs, brands don't matter so much as long as their in the right spectrum. Cheaper bulbs always loose efficiency sooner then better built bulbs, in my experiences anyway.

@giantsfan24 you went from 4000K to 7200K? You probably haven't seen much of a difference because both are the wrong kelvin...?

4000K MH was what I was using and is the common MH standard bulb. Then I got a 7200K MH for veg and it really changed things in my grow.

I switched to a 2100K HPS Eye Hortilux for flower. Would rather have a 3000K...next grow. :)

I have found more and more people like me, more and more reasons to be uncomfortable with fluorescent lights. When some people see that I do not use them, and try to tell me how big they are. When I try to explain why I prefer incandescent.

During the California Gold Rush, hardware merchants sold two kinds of shovels, those for "regular digging" and those for "gold mining."

The "Gold Mining Shovels" cost several times more than the regular ones.

They were the same shovels.

Back
Top Bottom