Bullitt's Rookie Season Outdoor Nukehead 2017

I'm curious Stillalive. You mentioned in a previous post that you are considering growing this strain, but now you know it eats to much to feed it organically? How do you know this? Not for nothing but that 150 foot tall pine tree you drive by everyday, mother nature grew that organically.

If you're into chemical based synthetic ferts, nothing wrong with that. I just find it odd, and ignorant to say organic growing doesn't allow a plant to reach its full potential. It's so silly it's barely worth discussing. None the less, excited to follow this journal, and learn some of your organic ways!

You don't have to be a genius to know indicas are heavy feeders, how many years did it take to grow that tree, how much of that tree had to die so the rest could live because there wasn't enough nutrients for the whole tree? And are you really going to try to compare something as complex as cannabis, to a tree?

I have switched over to Fertilome, from Fox Farm. There is a big difference in growth. And having multiple growth stages, it is not hard to make mistake mixing Fox Farm nutrients when feeding for different stages of growth. Be advised do not smoke before mixing.
Fertilome is simple veg and flower, no mistakes. Perfect for beginners, it will make your grow look green house professional.

are you really going to try to compare something as complex as cannabis, to a tree?

Uh....
You mustn't know much about trees. Or the fact that cannabis is a Woody plant that is similar to some trees.

The argument is moot.

Just bc you didn't have luck with organics doesn't mean you should try and shit on someone.
Your way may not be the best for others.

It's not an argument. Quit trying to make it one.

it is not hard to make mistake mixing Fox Farm nutrients when feeding for different stages of growth.

That's why I like their big bloom. I'm giving 6oz per gallon, per plant, with a bloom nute and no burn. You can give a half a liter of BB to a plant and that stuff won't burn your plant.
I wanna say it's the only one that is actually organic in their line.

No argument, your right, I don't know what I'm talking about have a great day sir a good luck with the grow OP if you took what I said as a argument I'm sorry. But that wasn't the point, the point was that it's impossible to get the plant everything it needs, when it needs it, like I said I wish him luck with it.

I did watch it, and the whole time it was under blurple LEDs with no LED lens over his camera. So yes, shades will appear to be very different. I don't know why you're telling me I am arguing, as I have not told you that you're arguing. It sounds like you've got your grow dialed. That's awesome, this guys getting his organic grow dialed. Maybe his bud will be far inferior to yours.. I doubt it but maybe? It doesn't matter man this guy does shit organic, so leave him to it. I am personally interesting in learning how he does his organic gardening, id like to get back to that!

420-magazine-mobile1115801497.jpg
yep, and have a great day :)

Hi all - Thanks again for following this journal & the robust discussion.

Still alive makes an important point in a roundabout way. He said & I'll quote, "the point was that it's impossible to get the plant everything it needs, when it needs it". Stillalive is correct and also incorrect in that statement. IF the soil is lacking microbial life and/or is depleted of or lacking the nutrient the plant is seeking, then he is correct, it is impossible. Therefore the grower must be paying attention. However, if the microbial life is robust & the soil is nutrient rich, the plant receives all it needs, therefore it is not "impossible", and therefore Stillalive is incorrect. The Pumpkin serves as a perfect example. It didn't get to 450+ lbs because it isn't getting what it needs from my organic method.

Herein lies the rub for many 'No Till' or organic growers. The vast majority of gardeners/farmers don't comprehend the complexity of Mother Nature's system, nor do they set themselves up for success. Because our level of understanding is lacking is the reason many people fail when they first begin to try to grow organic. I went ALL IN on organic No Till vegetable production in the spring of 2014. There were many trials & errors along the way. This grow doesn't utilize that 'No Till' system. I am only performing a portion of that complete methodology. As you follow this journal you will come to comprehend some of the soil management that has to occur to set yourself up for success.

I recently wrote some content for another site under a different moniker. I wrote, there's no reason to be an organic hard head. If you experience nutrient depletion mid grow and your plants are telling you, "Hey Jackwagon, I need more magnesium," you would be stupid crazy not to apply something to fix that immediately, while noting in your journal to work in extra olivine dust which carries 48% mag.

I believe Stillalives's point is a valid point but it's not impossible. As growers we have to tune into the frequency of our plant & make adjustments on the fly when the plant is talking to you. It's exactly what I did this week, on this plant, when I figured out how I phucked up. I'll cover it in this week's update. Stay Tuned.

I'm planning on launching a YouTube channel with a portion of the content based around the debate taking place here. It's an interesting debate and will make for interesting content. When the YouTube effort is launched, (I'm hoping this fall or 1st of the year) I will circle back to inform this journal.

Onto Blazin's question. Giant Pumpkins are a gas. The side walls are very thick on the fruit, plus the shape itself supports the weight. To prevent rot; A) Calcium. I mean loads of it. I have a seafood monger connection & I get all the oyster shells I want. I pulverize literally twenty pounds of shells & work that into the soil the pumpkin feeds from. 2) I put the pumpkin up on a mound and cover the mounded soil with a large piece of cardboard. Rain runs off the mound away from the pumpkin & the cardboard acts as a barrier.

Lastly, I kindly ask everyone to please check your Ego at the door of my Journal. Let's continue the discussion without the snippiness. Stillalive, I sincerely appreciate your comments. You come across passionately in favor of synthetics. I get that. You also come across however, as if you have a stake in this plant or Fertilome's products. Brother, it doesn't matter. Go obtain the genetics yourself and knock it out of the park with those nutes. They seem like cool people. I have watched Cody's videos. That is what prompted me to obtain the genetics.

Love ~ Light ~ Peace ALL

I use dyna gro, I have no association with those people, I've been accused of being a dyna gro salesman as well. But I assure you that I'm not, and it's not even synthetics that I am pulling for... It's giving your plant everything it needs in the right ratios, because one thing can lock out another.

Here's the biggest issue I have with organics 2 issues really, but they kind of go hand in hand because if you don't do one the other shows up! Number 1. It's work! (It's a constant struggle) from seed to harvest.... Feed it, water it, keep the critters & insects from eating it, holy sit I hope I don't get ripped off! There's just to much stress involved. 2. If you give your plants too much or too little care, your still screwed, and I can't be taking risks like that with my medicine.

Here's the biggest issue I have with organics 2 issues really, but they kind of go hand in hand because if you don't do one the other shows up! Number 1. It's work! (It's a constant struggle) from seed to harvest.... Feed it, water it, keep the critters & insects from eating it, holy sit I hope I don't get ripped off! There's just to much stress involved. 2. If you give your plants too much or too little care, your still screwed, and I can't be taking risks like that with my medicine.
I'm sure that's why he went through the process of becoming a Master Gardener. In my life experience, the thing that take a little work to achieve, tend to be worth it.
Heard some wild things about this strain! Interested to see how it does!

This is just my opinion, but for me usually, by the time I spot and identify the problem in a organic grow and treat it. By then the plants already suffered a little, if not allot.

Back
Top Bottom