Bullitt's Rookie Season Outdoor Nukehead 2017

6.2 is about what I run mine but technically I don't ph it but 1 or 2 times per grow, I get my water from the same source every time. It tends to be in the low 7 range, after adding my nutrients, I can pretty much count on it falling into an acceptable range... The soil I use is that nature's care organic... It's like a blend of soil and coco, and you can't really over water it... Well it has ph buffers in it also, or at least that's my guess, so I'm pretty sure it hits a multitude of different ph ranges.. Which in my opinion is better.

I'm not sure why this is, but the type of nutrients seem to matter... I contacted dyna gro and asked them and they said 6.2, but as I stated I'm using a soil that's pretty much a hybrid of soil and coco, so it's almost like a hydro deal... I'm able to feed and water every day anyway.

Something to do with the ions and protons and the ec, chelated or not, I have no idea how it goes... I just put it on there and I don't ph measure my nutrients or nothing, I just watch the leaves.

You guys stay low 6s in soil? I feel like anytime I get below 6.7 my ladies get shitty and start bitching at me. I tend to stay 6.8-7.3

With cannabis - Yep I'm always between 6.2 - 6.8. Still Alive is using coco too. coco is 15 - 20% of my soil build. Coco is pH neutral and it buffers pH so maybe that is what helps. The reason I target that range though is nutrient availability. Check out this pretty basic chart.

ph-nutrient-chart.jpg

The range we are targeting is the range in which both the macro & micro nutes are most available for the plant to uptake. This is why I check soil pH as well as the pH of the teas I use. I know my soil has excellent CEC & microbiology so everything ought to work A++.

I have a quicky question regarding trimming out what will amount to LARF on some of the lower branches. Should I let it run & get some little popcorn nugs off of it, OR chop them off now to max the energy into the main colas??

Let me know what you think.

Depends on several factors, lighting is the biggest thing if you are going to give it side lighting and daily feeding I'd leave it, like if you was to put it on one of those swivel things that follow the sun, and dumb about a half gallon to a gallon with some of the tea in it every day .

Genetics play the biggest role, and your strain was genetically designed to succeed... So I think your going to be OK if you only just give it (decent amount of care)

I'm not in 100% coco, it's a blend... I change the ph every day when I feed and water it, so I feel like it's hitting a good range over and over.#

Yeah - sorry - I know that natures care blend is a reasonable big box store soil & works really well for a lot of people. I've just got a very personal chip on my shoulder for anything printed with a Miracle Grow label. The world would be a much better place without Scott's / Miracle Grow / Hawthorne Group / Rothschild family (majority owners) and their whole GMO/poison the people & planet for profit mindset.

I couldn't agree more, but I basically wash their nutrients out with dyna gro... The only reason I use it, is because it is cheaper than cyco coco, but I needed a medium that allows me to feed and or water every day...

Genetics play the biggest role, and your strain was genetically designed to succeed... So I think your going to be OK if you only just give it (decent amount of care)

The Genetics are THE reason I bought the seed, + after my initial correspondence with the breeder, I had a huge positive vibe from them so I'm very pleased with the choice all around. I'm really getting a good feel for Cannabis as I go now and for this strain. What I am surprised by is the amount of phosphorus, calcium and magnesium these plants utilize. Cannabis plants are hogs at the trough of those nutes. I was told this before taking on my grows this year & I had the misfortune of popping 2 males in spring. Males don't chow nearly as much as the female plant + this is a indica dominant plant. The 2 I had in the spring were more sativa - there's a big difference I realize now. Thus the need for spikes. She was clearly telling me when I got home on Friday, "Feed Me Frank, Feed Me!" LOL

I'm looking forward to watching this one fatten up. She's a short stout girl now - I'm focused on making her a big fat girl by the finish.

I told you that in one of my first posts, she's going to get really hungry really quick.. That's why I say feed and water it daily, because if you let it go 2-3 day's it will go downhill fast... Mine does

People don't completely understand that, no matter what you feed your plant, your not going to get the yield or the dense big bud you want... If the genetics aren't there

Date: 02 October 2017
Strain: Nukehead
Type: Hybrid
Stage: Week 3 Flower - Day 74 of Grow
Style: Outdoor
Media: BULLITS SOIL MIX (Read Post # 60)
Current Pot: 15 gal fabric pot
Nutrients: Organic grow

Just a quick update. The flowering spikes I mentioned last week got inserted this afternoon. Mother Nature decided she would stop raining for a minute. I now realize just how heavy these plants feed once they begin flowering. Thus, the reason for the spikes. I place three column spikes all equal distant from each other on the outer portion of the existing root line. Her roots are a little less than an inch away from the fabric walls of the pot. Using these spikes should carry her well through the flowering period. All the inputs are organic. This amounts to roughly a 4-17-22 slow release formula. The formula is found in post #76

Because she is still a bit wet from the weekend rain soaking I will water her with a microbe tea on Wednesday or Thursday.

Your Questions, Comments and Input are always welcome.
Thanks!

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

spike_1.JPG

spike_2.JPG

Excellent video tip S.A. What readers should note is the amount of molasses used. To much of it and it will f' up your plants ability to take in calcium. Still Alive only uses 1 TBSP per gallon. Lets put that in perspective. That is a 1/2 ounce. So the ratio is 256 : 1. Additionally he pH's his water which is important for the bacteria.

All this helps the bacteria in the rhizosphere to eat, poop, reproduce and get eaten hopefully by good nematodes. Our girls prefer a bacterial driven rhizosphere. If you have yet to check out RECHARGE, which is a microbial innoculant, do so. It is the best currently available on the market, especially for vegetative growth. Trust me, I'm an old nerd scientist / organic gardener, I know.

Update coming later today.

Back
Top Bottom