Bullitt's Rookie Season Outdoor Nukehead 2017

I'm not a method grower, the soil I use is organic, the nutrient line I use I would term "organics tweaked by science, the soil is full of organic amendments, I use organic molasses, I use the orca mycorrhizae, I use the xtreme garden mycorrhizae, and the end result is pretty darn tasty.

Date: 06 October 2017
Strain: Nukehead
Type: Hybrid
Stage: Week 3 Flower - Day 78 of Grow
Style: Outdoor
Media: BULLITS SOIL MIX (Read Post # 60)
Current Pot: 15 gal fabric pot
Nutrients: Organic grow

Just an update with some current pics and a special note for StillAlive.

She is starting to step on the gas. I knew the flowering spikes I inserted this past Monday would produce a good response, and it has. Look at how much she has deepened her green. These pictures don’t do the young flowers justice. They have started to slightly fatten up nicely. I’m starting to think about a scrog net for support or about 8 -10 bamboo stakes. I can see she’s going to need it or she’ll end up looking like Sideshow Bob’s hair from the Simpsons – LOL. What’s your take on that readers???

I did feed her a full dosage of compost tea on Wednesday AM. This is part of the reason she’s greened up. 6.8 on the pH meter. Soil is sitting between 6.3 and 5.8. The kelp meal in the spike dropped the soil pH a tad as I expected which is why I pH’ed the tea. I’ll be keeping an eye on that. She’s got some pretty wet feet right now so it will be interesting to see how much and how quickly she takes it up. I also trimmed out the lower branches with LARF bud along with plenty of lower leaves. Time to get her to focus energy to her flowers.

For StillAlive. Dude, just want to say thanks again for the video on my thread. I think you got a bum rap on the outset of this thread from some readers for what they saw as jumping a new to cannabis grower telling me I got it all wrong. LOL. I didn’t see it that way. I took it as a show of passion from someone that wanted to help. I love anyone that shows their passion & enthusiasm for what they are into. I Know You’re into growing or you wouldn't be reading books to educate yourself. That my grower friend put a big phat smile on my face. Additionally, THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF GOOD PEOPLE THAT WANT TO HELP OTHERS ON THIS PLANET. Not so, I have found, in the Cannabis community at large. You Sir, are welcome to hang at my journal.

So, I got something for ya (and everyone else reading this) You’re comprehending the importance of bacteria, microbes etc FREAKIN AWESOME MAN! It will be interesting to hear from you when you learn about what those synthetic salt based nutes are doing to your mycorrhizae. Seriously, Skip the myco varieties & buy some RECHARGE. I’ve got no skin in this game. Read the ingredients list on the product. It blows all others out at this time. It’s got your mycorrhizae +++++It works with Salt based synthetics. Best of all, you get a guarantee, and a big enough sample to run a whole grow for only $5 off their website. Ok let’s move on.

Since we’re talking microbes, I’m guessing you’ve all looked at, heard of, or read about a product called EM-1??? Good stuff. $35 a quart. (ridiculous) It is a Lactobacillus Serum. Keeps all kinds of plant pathogens, like powdery mildew, mold, black spot, basically parthenogenic bacteria and fungi off leaves when you use it as a foliar and out of the soil when you drench with it. It does not kill them. It prevents the bad guys from getting established by out competing those pathogens. Plus, Lactobacillus serves many key roles in the soil. It recycles minerals. Some strains are voracious cellulose digesters (humus builders) They also produce a range of exudates, like B-group vitamins, that stimulate plant growth. Finally, like all beneficial microbes, they help deliver nutrients to the plant.

Save the $$. Here’s how you make it.

• ⅓ cup white rice.
• 1 cup filtered water (non chlorinated)
• ½ gallon of whole milk
• 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
• ½ gallon mason jar
• Large Tupperware type or stainless-steel mixing bowl with lid

Place the rice and water in the bowl and swish until the water is cloudy white. Strain, retaining the liquid. The rice can still be cooked and eaten. Place the lid on the bowl, but do not seal it. There must be a space for the mix to breathe. Store it in a cool, dark place for 7 days. At the end of the week there will be some gunk on top. Skim off the top layer and strain the liquid ferment.
Now add the milk to the fermented serum. Leave this blend in a dark place to culture for another week. Again, put the lid on the bowel but do not completely seal it. At the completion of this process, there will be a layer of curds sitting on the top. Skim off the curd and use it as a probiotic for your pets or yourself. It is a very healthy and effective probiotic. The pale-yellow serum that remains is your inactivated inoculum. Add the molasses to provide enough food to just keep the lactobacillus alive. Pour it all into that ½ gallon mason jar. Let it sit overnight before use. To store this, you need to refrigerate or store in the cold room. It will have a shelf-life of around 12 months.

To activate and use this, mix roughly 1 part serum with into 20 parts of unchlorinated water. To make a gallon, mix 6 ounces (3/4 cup) of serum then add water to make a gallon. I use it as a foliar spray for disease control. This recipe can be upsized considerably if you have a lot of garden to cover. In the end, you’ll have made an inexpensive, super-productive, living inoculant that increases biological performance, builds humus and helps to manage pathogens on the leaf surface of your girls. I spray my gardens twice a month throughout the season.

Your Questions, Comments and Input are always welcome. Enjoy my poor amateur photography. I threw in a pic of the serum so you’ll know what it should look like if you choose to make it.

Thanks! :Namaste:

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

CIND78_1.jpg

CIND78_2.jpg

CIND78_3.jpg

CIND78_4.jpg

CIND78_5.jpg

lacto_serum.jpg

I asked the guy at dyna gro if the orca works with the dyna gro, and he told me that it did... And the xtreme garden mycorrhizae I used in me last grow... I get about a lb or 2 of some pretty tasty shit for less than what 2 ounces cost me on the street,and for me that's critical... I'm in a wheelchair, I can't go get my own, I don't want that clientele around my home or family, I have no money no income well other than government ssdi, so that's why I grow... But I'm not lookin to change it up, I might when I get more mobile, but as long as I'm in the shape I'm in, my growing method has to be suitable for others to understand and implement... They already give me the what for as it is, about using to much shit.... And thank you for your complimentary words, most people just think I'm a fking idiot, using garbage nutrients and garbage soil because it's not your high dollar ffof or AN.

S.A. - I loath that you're in a wheel chair my brother. You and I grow for the same reason. I have serious medical need and Cost is ridiculous, more so in prohibition land. Fuck sakes, prohibition is ridiculous. I am 100% sure We All agree on that!! Plus what we grow is better than street weed. Better for less - Hmmm?

The cost of the stuff they market to cannabis growers is a huge pile of bullfeathers. This is why I compost, bake & grind egg shells from my chickens, make my own lactobacillus, make my own fish meal etc. The nutrient companies take $1.50 worth of dry chemicals, add water soluble kelp for another $1.50, add R.O. water, put it in a 30 cent plastic bottle with a colorful label, then sell it for $60 a bottle and charge you shipping.

When you're out of that Orca, (I use to use Great White) - seriously try the Recharge sample. Again, only $5 & you get enough to grow 2 - 3 plants for a full cycle. You'll never go back to Orca. It will work perfect with Dyna. Its made by a company called Real Growers in Colorado.

What I was trying to get at is, with any salt based synthetics, (Dyna Gro is an example) they short circuit mycorrhizae and the fungus then only lasts for a very short periods after they are hit with those type of nutes. I can reference many, many studies proving that fact. That doesn't mean myco doesn't work. I'm just sayin' - Why not invest in 1 product that gives you both myco + bacillius family + trchoderma + kelp + molasses + Humic + Fulvic + Amino acids and it costs less. Scientifically better product for less. That's what I was pointing you to.

Not trying to get you to change, just stop & think for a minute. I'm returning the favor you gave me on how hungry these plants get.

One last thing - Lots of people think I'm a bat shit crazy f *#%ing old idiot too. :high-five: I hear it all the time. Makes me laugh. They stop laughing when they eat my vegetables. Yeah - Crazy, like a fox.

It's like this frank, I'm dead without it, not just physically, but my brain begins to shut down followed by my internal organs, I'm depressed and spirituality vacant, I'm mentally unstable and hateful to even those I love... So just try and stop me from saving my own life, when the whole reason I'm even in this shape, is because the medical field failed me, and fucked me up... Yeah sure I had a motorcycle accident, but when I went into the ER I just had a broken arm and a crushed voice box... But somehow I acquired a massive brain stem stroke.

Date: 12 October 2017
Stage: Week 4 Flower - Day 84 of Grow

HEY 420 READERS

Clicking right along on this Nukehead grow. I believe many of you following this journal want to see how she turns out and are considering growing this strain because of the videos on YouTube and some of the pics seen there.

The giant colas you see in that pic is in NO WAY altered. Cody grew that outdoors with the proper grow season length. I can clearly see that, even though our grow styles are different, the results would be very similar if I had started this grow, outdoors in March/April. I will be following this effort up with these genetics for a full season in 2018.

This weekend I’ll snap some pics with a yard stick to give everyone some perspective on my plant. The stacks I am show in these pics today are easily 10 or more inches even with the very late season start. I am only guessing at this point, but I would guess my yield is still going to be substantial when I get there.

Ok, on to some of my questions for those of you with more experience with Cannabis. The trichomes are just starting to develop. They are visible to the camera but not yet to the naked eye. Yet I have pistils turning brown already????
Is this from some environmental factors? pH of the soil is consistently 6.0 to 6.5 depending on probe placement. Teas, or just H₂O being watered in, is always between 6.2 and 6.8. Therefore, it’s not pH swing of any type, plus with an organic living soil grow this wouldn’t be a factor.

The weather has been exceptionally warm of late with daytime temps in the 95°F range and nighttime around 70°. Is this something I should even be concerned about?

Your Questions, Comments and Input are always welcome.

Thanks!

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

CIND84_1.jpg

CIND84_4.jpg

CIND84_2.jpg

CIND84_3.jpg

Date: 25 October 2017
Stage: Week 6 Flower - Day 97 of Grow

APOLOGIES 420 READERS. Sorry I have been away for nearly 2 weeks due to my vocation. I am a Logistical “Fixer”. I go to problems and Un – F them. Sometimes it takes 14 hours, sometimes 14 days. C'est la vie.

I am guessing that has probably cost me some viewership, Oh Well - I am fortunate that another grower friend of mine stepped in & checked in on our girl. Watered her 4X while I was gone She got saved rain water twice, and two rounds of Recharge mixed into water from the same rain barrel. She is also looking forward to growing out these genetics next season.

The plant is chowing down her nute spikes and she has turned on her trich production. She should be very frosty at the finish. I am guessing we’re 4 weeks out. Trichs are currently clear as a raindrop. The main colas are all 13 – 15 inches, well stacked which I hope you can see in the pics. For scale, the Chicken fencing is 2 feet tall, and the cross fence beam in the back ground is 3 feet up from the base. The plant is roughly 3 ¾ feet tall and roughly as wide. Unfortunately, I believe she’s short due to the late season start. I would guess she would be 2 ½ - 3 feet taller had I started her in March/April which I would guess those colas would be equally much larger.

We sampled a couple of those larf buds today I cut out before I skedaddled for work. They had been drying for 18 days so we fired one up. Happy to report she gave us a nice ride for such an undeveloped early flower. She has a cookie flavor with a hint of berry. If this is a good indication, the genetics should equal paydirt when fully ripened and properly cured.

I’m looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the pics! Look for more this coming weekend.

Thanks!

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

CIND97_1.jpg

CIND97_2.jpg

CIND97_5.jpg

CIND97_4.jpg

CIND97_3.jpg

CIND97_6.jpg

Date: 01 November 2017
Stage: Week 7 Flower - Day 103 of Grow

EVERYTHING IS GETTING FROSTY 420 READERS.

I wish I were a better photographer. These pics do not give her the justice she is due.

Trichs are still crystal clear so she has some time to go. She’ll tell us. The Lower branches are frosted a bit better than the tops. I am guessing that is how these plants mature. I am still guessing harvest will occur between Nov 18 – 25th.

I’m looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Thanks!

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

CIDAY103_3.jpg

CIDAY103_2.jpg

CIDAY103_1.jpg

HAPPY SUNDAY 420 READERS

Just felt the need to post a little Sunday Snack for your viewing pleasure. The last of the larf buds I took off the plant a few weeks back were sampled yesterday evening. One of the testers was a cannabis aficionado and a prior HT cup judge. Lets say he's obviously tasted some serious good stuff. His exact words, "This cultivar, when fully mature, properly dried and cured, is probably going to win some serious competitions."

Enjoy the pics-

LOVE ~ LIGHT ~ PEACE ALL

NOVSUNSNAK_1.jpg

NOVSUNSNAK_2.jpg

NOVSUNSNAK_3.jpg

Date: 09 November 2017
Stage: Late in Week 8 of Flower - Day 111 of Grow

ANTICIPATION IS PALPAPLE 420 READERS.

Upon arriving home today, I cracked out the old microscope and took 5 small samples of trichome laden bud leaf from various points on this plant. The trichs range from crystal clear to just a hint of amber. The majority are ½ clouded. Based on this observation, I believe I am 5 to 10 days out from harvest. If I am correct, that would make this a 10 week bloom cycle which includes the transition period.

I snapped a couple quick pics to give you a perspective on the bud size. The bottle is 8 inches in length, which isn’t long enough as you can see the stack runs easily 5 or 6 inches below the bottle. The Bottle is nearly completely obscured by the bud in the 2nd pic. The plant is comprised of 8 main colas that are all very similar in size, stack and density as the 1st pic, and 9 secondary bud stacked branches that are roughly 2/3rds the size on the main colas. Upon harvest, I will take a picture of the harvest weight of the plant in order to compare to the dry trim weight of the final products.

I’m looking forward to chopping & dropping. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Thanks!

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

CIND111_1.jpg

CIND111_2.jpg

Date: 16 November 2017
Stage: Late in Week 9 of Flower - Day 118 of Grow

ALMOST THERE 420 READERS.

5 samples taken to the microscope this morning showed me that the trichomes are nearly all clouded. I am thinking Saturday is going to be harvest day. I won’t know until Saturday AM when I scope the plant samples once again.

Still looking forward to chopping & dropping. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Thanks!

Love ~ Light ~ Peace All

CIND118_1.jpg

CIND118_2.jpg

CIND118_3.jpg

Hey bullitt, when you chop her would you mind taking a full plant picture of her with something for size reference, sorry to bother you just very interested in the strain and comparing as many grows as possible, hope you have an excellent night and that harvest is even better than it looks.

Hey Leprechaun - I was planning on doing exactly that. I can tell you this plant is a short, roughly 40 inch tall plant, and stocky, roughly 39 inch wing span, and she is getting FAT here late. I've got some rain in the forecast for Sunday so I may drop her on Sat evening although I am getting the feeling she wants to go 12 weeks. I'll scope her trichs before. I really want to try to max out THC production on this one so patience is warranted.

Hey 420 Readers - Just a quicky update.

Checked my girl again today - Looks like we're going to be going 10, 11 maybe even 12 weeks before she's fully clouded. I am really guessing 11 weeks is going to be it. We are currently 3 days into week 10.

Back
Top Bottom