Burmese Kush - CFL - First Time

BUKU Day 33 Flower Day 11

Watered with Bloow ferts this morning.

Several gnats and I thought I was 1 spider mite.

Some leaves that are low or pressing against the plant have a little mold or spots, but very minor...

Looks good. Small is 12", big is 18" tall.

Are these white pistils or just new leaves waiting to grow? Like a splinter in my mind...

DSCN35224.JPG
DSCN35213.JPG
DSCN35205.JPG
DSCN35196.JPG

BUKU Day 34 Flower Day 11

They are really filling the tent. It is a 2' x 3', so 6 square feet. Less than 300 watts actual draw from the lights, 12-12.

If I grow these bushy ones again I will only be able to fit 2 in the tent.

I found an alternating node, but it is not on the main stalk, nor is it in the thickest, lowest sets of branches...

I took the best pic I could.

Will the lowest set ever get alternating nodes? Are they required to grow bud? If not, should I clip them? Pic below.

Will the main stalk ever get alternating nodes?

Plants are 20" tall x 2, 13" tall x 1.

DSCN35244.JPG
DSCN35232.JPG
DSCN35253.JPG
DSCN35262.JPG
DSCN35272.JPG
hi.JPG

BUKU Day 35

No Longer in Flower

Back to 18/6

Ya'll can't leave me home alone on the weekend. These hands just need to do somethin'...

Lack of preflowers and single nodes, and some experience from others, led me to believe the plants need to Veg more.

I also moved one plant out of the tent. Things were too crowded in there...

So the plant that moved out, plant c, the shorty, is under 120 watts actual draw LEDs.

A and B are still in the tent. I topped one and FIM'd the other. Left one topped and right one FIM'd.

Today will be the first day with lights staying on an extra 6 hours!

Hope to get lots of growth, alternating nodes, and preflowers, and switch back to 12/12 in 10 - 14 days.

DSCN35372.JPG
DSCN35352.JPG
DSCN3534.JPG
DSCN35333.JPG
DSCN35322.JPG

BUKU Day 37

On a 12/12 light schedule

Getting white hairs, which I am finding out are preflowers. They are happening in the top nodes, and maybe the nodes under.

Some are missing. I guess it takes a few days for all of them to fill in.

Still concerned about what will happen to the topped plant.... but there are 4 other bud sites that are just as tall. Should be fine.

About 9 - 13 bud sites per plant.

Big ones are 24" tall. Shorty is only 14".

I took some cuttings after cleaning them up yesterday. Hoping for some clones to do a sea of green as soon as I harvest these!!!

Not sure if I can hold them small in veg for 7 weeks, though... Just having fun!

DSCN35562.JPG
DSCN35572.JPG
DSCN35581.JPG
DSCN35603.JPG
DSCN35622.JPG
DSCN35615.JPG

Buku Day 39

I think I am getting a flower or 2 now. Still hard to tell if its new leaves or flower...

Plants are still stretching. Looks like 28" for the tallest ones... almost out of range for the lights, but they are on 3" boxes and the lights could move up higher.

I will check if they need water and will remove the boxes when I water them.

I tried to take a pic of what I think are my first flowers. Its 3 pics of the same bud site.

The clones are doing fine. Still no roots coming out the bottom, though. And I don't know where I will not them when they have roots.... Want to do SOG, but need to wait 7 weeks for the tent???

DSCN35703.JPG
DSCN35694.JPG
DSCN35683.JPG
DSCN35663.JPG
DSCN35673.JPG

BUKU Day 40

Looking a little more like flowers each day to me.

Watered the short plant today.

Some of the lower leaves are getting brown, which I guess is a good thing.

Shows that the plants are putting energy into the buds.

Tallest plant is now about 30" at tallest bud.

I totally FIM'd the FIM. Guess I'll show that tomorrow. Glad other buds grew to take place of the center one.

DSCN35742.JPG
DSCN35721.JPG
DSCN35711.JPG
DSCN35752.JPG
DSCN35732.JPG

Hey there 1ofakind
Shiggs mentioned that i should stop thru and check out your grow. Looks really good my friend. Beautiful plants. How much led wattage your running?

Thanks to everyone for the support.

The tent is 2' x 3', so 6 sq ft. It has 2 plants and 2 LEDs. They are 180 watt Agro Max Pro lights that run 140 watts draw. They are all 3 watt LEDs. So 300 actual watts in the tent.

120 actual watts on the shorty in the closet. Those 2 lights have 6 watt and 3 watt LEDs, so I keep them higher / farther from the plants.

In case your confused they the CFL title (I can't figure out how to change the title) I started with a bunch of 23 watt CFLs, but the ballasts produced a ton of heat. The LEDs never get the tent over 84' when my house AC is set at 78, and lately not over 81' in the tent with the house set at 75 :thumb:.

El Nino' sucks.

Not for us Canadians. Quite enjoying not freezing my ass off.

Since its a little short, I put the Phresh filter and on the top like a chimney. So far it still smells. Maybe it just needs a few days.

It's best of course to have it inside the tent if at all possible. The pre-filter does nothing of value in the configuration it's in right now. Read somewhere you can use the pre-filter stuffed a bit inside the actual filter, so the fan is blowing through it first and then into the carbon.

How'd it work out for you? I can say from my recent experience that the difference in smell in my house was incredible after getting the filter installed.

In case your confused they the CFL title (I can't figure out how to change the title)

You can ask one of our friendly neighborhood mods to change the title for you, there's no way of doing it ourselves.

And lastly, WOW buddy. Very nice work and fantastic pics. How'd i not see your journal until Shigs pointed it out...

It has the flange, a cheap 6" fan, a 6" to 4" reducer, and a 4" Phresh filter.

Its all air tight. Whether your pulling the air through the filter first, then fan, then exit

Or exit, fan, filter, all the air is still forced through the carbon. The guy at the local hydro shop said it doesn't matter and they are designed to allow air to be pushed or pulled.

With all that being said, the tent was too small for 3 plants, so only 2 plants are in the tent. Even if it worked perfect, I still smell the 3rd plant.

Since flower, the aroma is pinesol / pine / lemon / sour / old socks / skunk arse / in that order.

I felt like the filter did work when all plants were in it, but it is a cheap fan that probably does not push through it as well as it should.

DSCN35891.JPG

Here is the exit. There really is no room for the filter or even the fan in the tent.

Back
Top Bottom